ITT: albums with weirdly specific feelings

lying in an open midwestern field watching as the sun rises during the fall after a breakup, thinking back to middle school when you thought you had romantic feelings for your male best friend and wondering if you two should get back in touch

going camping in the winter, getting lost in the woods on a hike, and alternating between complete serenity and sheer panic while you try to find your way back before collapsing from exhaustion and hoping a search party can save you before you die

dropping a dead prostitute off in a las vegas parking lot and overdosing on heroin

coming to earth as an alien and trying to learn about humans by listening to all TV and radio signals at the same time

more like "being gay and christian"

The apocalypse comes and you're the only one left on Earth, so you drive from New York to California in a 1980 Honda CR-X listening to rock CDs and looking at all the beautiful scenery.

fucking a girl whose name you don't know after a night of partying and throwing up on her. she runs out of the room, so you sit on the hotel bed calling your old friends and family and try figure out how you got to this point

laying on the couch all day with a really bad fever, half delirious, drifting in and out of sleep while watching old crappy TV shows

holy shit, are we the same person?

Various stages of panic inside a war room with black mirror floor tiles

Dropping out of college and sitting around all day with blackout curtains up watching YouTube videos with 239 views.

Visiting your friends in Vermont in the winter and you all take acid at someone's house and everybody is just enjoying it and you decide to just walk outside unprompted and walk to a nearby McDonald's and the sun is setting and it looks so beautiful between the dead tree branches and as it reflects off of the snow and then you get to the McDonald's and there aren't any other people in it because it's a small town and it's Sunday you guess and you go up to the cashier, smile, and ask for some mcnuggets because that's what you feel like and you wonder if she knows but you don't really care that much and you just sit down in one of the numerous empty booths and enjoy the music

too close to home

>tfw I live in NH
You made me tear up desu

>imagining life with my waifu

that's it

>you are finally free to like what you want, but you are imprisoned by your wants and needs

>eating while on acid

the absolute madman

>Somewhere between dying and passing on, trying to accept it but you can't

Driving alone through the Utah desert

I was the only one who went because I'm totally fine with eating while on acid idk it's never really affected my will to eat

Best in thread so far

Most of your family dies in a car crash on Christmas day, but you weren't in the car because you never come home for the holidays since you never felt right sitting at the same table as them. You lose your 9-5 job after not showing up for a few weeks and lose all contact with everyone you've ever known. After getting tired of alcohol, you move on to harder and harder drugs, losing your apartment and selling your car for your daily high, so you check in every day at the cheapest hotel in the city. Eventually you run out of money completely and are forced to live on the streets. After years of being kicked off sidewalks and having every dignity in your life taken away, your grief expires and all that's left inside you is a cruel hate. You kill your first person on the coldest day of winter after a man wakes you up at 1AM and tells you to move off his apartment steps, stealing everything he had on him and hiding his body in the dumpster. You never know what day it is anymore. Life is a constant blur of getting high, blackouts, and disgusting sex. You love this new life. And after years and years of living this way, you look at yourself in the mirror for the first time and laugh at the stranger staring back at you.

Also you're black.

Snorting cocaine in a motel room at 3 AM while you contemplate suicide

Somebody post the source pic for that album

I don't like DG but god damn if they didn't choose the absolute best thing ever to represent that album, there's something about the photo I can't quite articulate

Oh man that's a comfy feel I'm gonna listen to this

staying in the same, dark room for a whole month eating gushers and watching reruns of Spongebob, trying to recapture that youthful feeling that you remember experiencing at some point but can't remember what it feels like. your only breaks from the bright, glowing TV screen are your moments to cry uncontrollably into the carpet and think about all the people you've disappointed and the relationships you could have had if only you had tried. you think to yourself that if you reach the end of the next episode and you still feel empty inside, you might kill yourself with the kitchen knife you brought upstairs a few days ago.

Gazing out toward the ocean from the coast during mid-afternoon, when all you can see before you is silhouette because of the slight marine fog, thinking about where you've been in life and where you're headed because something big has just happened to you

Dude I fucking wolf down ice cream when I'm on acid

You're the reason I'm gonna listen to this album now.

Isn't that literally the concept of Centipede Hz

Go out to your regular bar, everyone greets you, you're welcome there. These people are the only friends you have left. Get piss drunk, nothing unusual, you're only sober two nights a week now-a-days. Drive drunk home to your dirty cheap apartment and lay drunk alone on your bed. You're 28, college dropout, working a fast food job. All your relationships are hollow, you're family doesn't talk to you, you fooled yourself into thinking you could get by with your talents that turned out to be no more special than anyone elses

Life is catching up

Realize you haven't been to AA in two months

Cry

Sleep

Wake up

Do it again

shit man is this your life?

You're on a spaceship flying to Jupiter, half-listening to oldschool hip-hop and jazz records while you stare out the porthole at the stars.

>tfw have only been sober like a week out of the past year

it's weird because i'm not doing horrible in college. functional alcoholism will catch up to me i assume though

Yeah it's good stuff let me know how you liked it if this thread is still alive when you're done

drinking so much coffee, red bull and kahlua while studying for exams that you feel like your heart has developed an irregularity and you can barely breathe and nothing you write makes sense and you're sweating and you start screaming the lyrics of Panda by Desiinger every hour on the hour

wow
ok

You've grown up in a harsh catholic environment, but as you've grown old and not moved away from it despite slowly realizing the hypocrisy, your mental state collapses in on you as you relive the days of your childhood wasted, and spent in worship, with now a shattered perception of reality, what love is, and who you are, while you cling to all that you know and still try to uphold it.

Floating through space while tripping on every drug imaginable and crying about the beauty of existence

Taking a walk in the early spring. The sunlight is reflecting uncomfortably bright off the ground half-covered with snow.

tru

Holy shit this is one of the best threads on Sup Forums in a long time. These are all disturbingly fitting.

>Also you're black
That made me kek really hard I don't know why.

thought this said "taking a wank" at first

>The apocalypse comes and you're the only one left on Earth, so you suffer and watch as the earth crumbles in on itself before a bloodred sunset

have had a similar experience. keep your head up homie, find whats important to you and live for that. good things will come.

walking home from downtown late at night after it has rained after working overtime at the office circa 1997

You're high, distorted and you lost all content with reality but somehow you feel really okay. You take a breath and despite the harsh noise surrounding you, you feel chill.

It's the opposite. CHz is supposed to be an alien radio station.

Driving around your city in the back seat of a cab while looking out the back window on a really sunny day until you start genuinely believing you're in the middle-east somewhere

A summer spent in small desert town populated mainly by weirdos and dilapidated strip malls, during which you take a lot of psychedelics and spend your time looking for chuppacabra and UFOs

Your gf left you because you're too much of a loser, so you decide to attempt to drink yourself to death, but you drink so much that you've become immune to the liquid poison. You cry yourself, wallowing in self-pity, masturbating to beach photo albums of your sisters friends on Facebook.

That's not at all what that album feels like.

singing along with somebody who doesn't know that you want to marry them

damn, dude...I'm gonna drink more now

be safe user! I've cut down on my drinking cause it tends to make me feel worse in the long run. Do what you gotta do though

can't relate

:(

It was a messy breakup that left you feeling self-conscious and empty. You can't help but feel the need to apologize constantly to your friends and family.

I love this feel

damn this hit me too hard

You're a depressed alcoholic living in a gentrified town in the western U.S. You're angry about the increased urbanization and industrialization. You spend all day getting drunk inside of your house and driving all of your friends away who want to cheer you up. You eventually decide to go outside and take a few buses to try to meet some new people but that goes nowhere.
You go on a roadtrip later to sell some drugs to a couple people on the other side of the county. This eases your mood for a little while, but eventually you come back home and fall right back into your drunken depressive ways. Soon you have an epiphany, and realize life isn't too bad, you just need to accept the world for what it is. You come to this realization after an intense meth binge. The End.

Going to a relatively small gathering with your close friends, getting stoned, listening to music and taking a quiet walk with a girl after the party is over.

>tfw its not the world thats ending but your world within is burning

this

this specifically for Predatory Wasps. The album is way to full of feels for it to be summed up so shortly. One of my all time faves.

It's the 90's. It's summer vacation, schools out and you just arrived with your friends at your holiday home in the shores of the Orange County, Cali. Some of your friends are out surfing on the beach while the rest of you are watching MTV inside while drinking Coca Cola and eating hot wings.

You're lost in the mountains on a moonlit night trudging through two feet of snow. The loneliness feels suffocating. Despite the wide open and brightly lit surrounds you feel claustrophobic. There is a mounting since of dread that something is hunting you in the darkness. Even though you fear death, you find yourself wishing it would hurry up and end you to escape this crippling isolation.

Being on an airplane.
Or just like exactly the way existance felt like a year back when i first heard this album. Maybe not that specific when described but damn it's a specific feeling.
And it's such a nice one.

finishing high school and realizing that you hate everything about the shitty suburban town you live in and the life of college and work set out in front of you so you and your 2 best friends that you've known since 3rd grade who feel the same way pack your bags and get on a bus to city. After a couple hours they've both fallen asleep and you're left sitting between them, thinking about what you've done. despite having almost no money and no plan on what you'll do when you arrive, you can feel their heads resting on your shoulders and you know that everything will work out

Taking a train from Milton Keynes into London at the end of December, between Christmas and New Years. Your family is there with you but you're sitting apart from them watching the snow covered suburbs roll by until the landscape gradually becomes more built up and suddenly you find yourself in London.

listening to this album is even more impactful when your name is Joe

Your family is long gone, your relatives don't want to associate with you. It's the loneliest Christmas you will ever have.

She listened to Only In Dreams in my car yesterday and loved it. We kissed for the first time in years. Then made out. Then took our clothes off. But none of seemed real. I saw her face and her little delicate hands and her breasts that have grown, but I'm not sure it was her. I still want to marry her regardless.

honestly i don't give a shit how big of a "meme" this album is, it gives me the most intense feelings and i can't even describe them. they're not even emotional feelings they're just vibes

i see it as coping with the loss of a love, reaffirming the love in yourself, and eventually rediscovering that comfort with another person

jesus

It feels like having to take a break from the city after a lost relationship, going into the woods and finally killing yourself by the end of the album.

Driving through countryside you've never been before, wondering what kind of stories a place like this can tell.

Walking down a beach with your best friend. There's a storm rolling in but you're still trying to be happy because you're with your best friend at the beach. You end up walking down the beach 10 meters apart from each other, and you both have tears in your eyes the whole way. After two hours you snap out of it and laugh together about how far back you have to walk in the rain. It solidifies your friendship.

You get cheated on by your girlfriend of many years. You honestly thought she was the one you would spend your life with and you feel so betrayed. You are not sad or content as much as uncontrollably angry. You walk into your shit apartment and punch a wall over and over. You throw your shit off the shelves and smash your tv. You grab a kitchen knife and slash open your couch. Then at the end you sit on you mattress on the floor and stare at the knife in your bloody fist through a haze of tears while sobbing uncontrollably.

lying in a very comfy bed in an old house, reminiscing about a life in the early 1900's where you lost a love. Or maybe listening to your grandma tell you her life story on her death bed.

Downloading this album because of this god bless user

Agreed, it is the prime example of that whole "creating an atmosphere" idea of vaporwave

You moved to a new state for a girl you were madly in love with, even if it was the middle of fucking nowhere. Things start out okay at first, and you're glad to be with her, but as time goes on you realize you're a piece of shit and she's too good for you, thus leading you to self-sabotage. Depression sets in, you sit in your apartment alone on your birthday, wondering where everything went wrong.

It's three months into your move, and you find out she cheated on you. You want to be mad, but what are you going to do? You love her. So you stick with it.

Some months later, you start trying coke to numb the pain of existence. Your relationship deteriorates more as she disappears to local bars on the weekend. And one day, you find yourself flying over the moon while driving your car down a desolate highway, crying your heart out. You know you love her still, but this God damn town is a fucking joke, and no one was ever meant to live in such a desolate place. It's okay though, you were planning on killing yourself anyway.

You're teleporting through space at seemingly random intervals. You're somewhat sad about a girl or a death that you don't really remember. Those emotions, while powerful, slowly fade into the background as your very existence and everything around you becomes overwhelmingly beautiful.

Some of these are too specific to be made up. Sending good will to all you anons stay safe and get better

Driving through the Southwest on the way to California and stopping for the night at a cheap motel by the highway (called the Wagon Wheel). You wander over to the dive bar next door and drink a couple of Coors Lights and watch baseball on the shitty old TV they have. You decide that this drink is gonna be your last before you head back and go to bed but somebody spikes it with something chemical while you aren't looking and you wake up the next morning in Alberquerque with a finger missing.

Waking up to a grimy, rainy Detroit morning. Looking at your messy room in a upper class house thinking of your former days with criminal people around you, homies dying, selling dope.

Realizing it is gone but you still feel some nostalgia for those bad days because you were younger than ever.

It’s midnight. You’re lying in bed in a cheap hotel room on the first floor. Headlights from passing cars shine across your ceiling every so often. You have a big day tomorrow, and you’re trying desperately to fall asleep. Unfortunately your mind is running wild, thinking about all of your past mistakes, victories, failures, lovers, etc. All the times you’ve been betrayed, all the times you’ve hurt others.

However, instead of being bothered by these memories, you realize that you need to embrace them and accept them as part of who you are and who you’ve been. You realize that you need to learn from your mistakes rather than dwell on them. You realize that you need to experience the bad in life in order to appreciate the good.

As you reflect on these things, your anxiety begins to fade away. Eventually, you fall into a deep, dreamless sleep.

I have no idea how you feel that way when all I can think about listening to it is that The Downward Spiral is the moment when you take the hit, with instrumentals starting to sound really crazy and everything around you starting to move, stretch and laugh with you, but then it just builds into a never ending nightmare where elephants march around you in a void and everything becomes surreal as fuck and tries to get you while you want to escape.

>this thread
Good lord. You guys are like masters of the vibes. Wizards of atmosphere.

A-are you guys alright?

You attempt suicide at the end of your first year of college and have to take time off to recover. Your first few weeks back home with your parents are surreal, as they try and get you out of the house as much as possible and you have to dodge questions from all your old friends and acquaintances about why you're back. It's fall where you live but things are still pretty warm. You slowly talk to your friends back at college less and less.

Your in school for a job you don't really want. You are relatively well put together, have everything most people want for, a girlfriend, good grades, a caring and supportive family, but deep inside you feel a general unhappiness at how pointless it all seems. You know you will just get a regular old job, start a regular old family, die, and be forgotten completely in a few years. The meaninglessness of existence hurts you because for some reason you had grown up thinking it has all meant something when really it doesn't. You have a constant feeling in the pit of your stomach like you are falling. You don't want to die so much as never have been born at all.

Then, one day you are driving through a field when you see the sun setting over the horizon. Completely alone, you pull your car over and just stare at it. The colour burns your retinas until everything becomes almost prismatic. It is the most wonderfully beautiful thing you have ever seen. It is all encompassing and you feel your entire body overwhelmed by the presence of something so much larger than you. Suddenly you understand that life isn't about meaning in a traditional sense. It's not about a goal or achievements. It's about being a part of the great cosmic machine, and that when you die everyone is equal.

Speeding away from the scene of a bank robbery on motorbikes with your crew dressed in identical black outfits and helmets, watching the colorful lights flash by as you speed through an urban city at night

>You are relatively well put together, have everything most people want for, a girlfriend, good grades, a caring and supportive family, but deep inside you feel a general unhappiness at how pointless it all seems.

you're not wrong. it's only spoiled rich kids who like this shit.

jesus christ dude

You're in the passenger's seat of your friend's car on amphetamines, driving through the city's downtown on a Friday at 6:30 PM. You're blasting the radio with the windows down, but the knob is broken and the car's antennae is wonky so it keeps switching wildly through 3 stations at a time.

People are giving you weird looks but neither of you care; you've both been out of work long enough to the point where your apathy towards social pressures supersedes your common sense. Maybe it's the drugs talking, but each action taken by the people around the car seems to coincide with the changing of the stations. Each second feels like it was crafted for you and you alone.

ruining a nice t shirt because of a random girls bleached asshole

>tf2 feel like an asshole