Does anyone has experience with MDMA in a therapeutic sense? Treating PTSD with it?

Does anyone has experience with MDMA in a therapeutic sense? Treating PTSD with it?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23670490
militarytimes.com/story/military/2016/06/24/breakthrough-blast-related-brain-injures-reveals-microscopic-scarring/86341098/
psychcentral.com/news/2016/06/11/combat-blast-injuries-show-distinct-brain-scarring/104642.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3278188/
latimes.com/science/la-sci-stimulants-ptsd-20151119-story.html
psychiatryadvisor.com/ptsd-trauma-and-stressor-related/avoid-benzodiazepines-ptsdtrauma-therapy/article/426477/
veteransforcommonsense.org/2012/04/27/army-warns-doctors-against-using-certain-drugs-in-ptsd-treatment/
psychiatryadvisor.com/ptsd-trauma-and-stressor-related/cognitive-behavioral-therapy-helps-some-ptsd-patients-symptoms/article/492160/
time.com/3982440/ptsd-veterans/
time.com/3967590/vietnam-veterans-ptsd/
youtube.com/watch?v=UygZnBTWW0M
npr.org/2015/09/13/439963019/researchers-turn-to-popular-club-drug-to-treat-ptsd
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

just smoke weed for PTSD

Yes, sort of. After a traumatic experience it helped me. Not as much as shooms do though. Depends on the PTSD experience

I've successfully MDMA'd my BTFX, and therapeuted ATS and YPDTD. Doesn't work for PTSD I'm afraid, I've got 4 of those and didn't help with any of them.

best way to treat ptsd is with a shotgun to the forehead

4 off. Kill yourself faggot

I currently do just that. When memories of my time in the force start to pop up I just have like 2 joints of this stuff and put on some dance music. Once all your mates are round you've forgotten all about it.

69 always tells the truth

No and technically the only people you can trust are those going through the current FDA trials.

Results from that trial are still pending. And the trial itself is NOT for the effectiveness of MDMA in treating PTSD, it is for the effectiveness of MDMA as a drug to assist in therapy.

If you have actual post traumatic stress disorder and aren't faking it then you will likely have

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23670490

This problem.

Which means it is currently highly likely that a cannabinoid will end up being more useful in the long run.

But again. Results are still pending on both the MDMA assisted psychotherapy AND the whole plant cannabis phase 2 trial.

Also depending on how you have PTSD, you might not even have PTSD. If it was from a war setting (such as a bombing, even as a civilian) you could have mTBI, or blast microscaring causing PTSD symptoms. (This is not to say that you don't ALSO have PTSD on top of that. Only that there may be more than one problem.)

militarytimes.com/story/military/2016/06/24/breakthrough-blast-related-brain-injures-reveals-microscopic-scarring/86341098/
psychcentral.com/news/2016/06/11/combat-blast-injuries-show-distinct-brain-scarring/104642.html

coolaid

On top of THAT only two drugs Zoloft and Paxil, have ever actually completed ANY trials for PTSD.

"The only FDA-approved drugs for the treatment of PTSD are the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) sertraline (Zoloft, Pfizer) and paroxetine HCl (Paxil, GlaxoSmithKline)."

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3278188/

Which means that every other drug is "off-label" meaning "there is NO fucking legitimate research".

Also bare in mind. The studies for zoloft and paxil were paid for by the pharmaceutical companies invested in their own products.

And the truth is that most docs are just throwing drugs at PTSD because WHAT THE HELL.

In spite of mounting evidence that the drugs make PTSD WORSE.

latimes.com/science/la-sci-stimulants-ptsd-20151119-story.html

psychiatryadvisor.com/ptsd-trauma-and-stressor-related/avoid-benzodiazepines-ptsdtrauma-therapy/article/426477/

veteransforcommonsense.org/2012/04/27/army-warns-doctors-against-using-certain-drugs-in-ptsd-treatment/

And even therapy is over rated.

psychiatryadvisor.com/ptsd-trauma-and-stressor-related/cognitive-behavioral-therapy-helps-some-ptsd-patients-symptoms/article/492160/

And to top it all off you could come out of treatment for PTSD as a drug addict so have fun. Good luck.

More supporting articles because why the fuck not.

time.com/3982440/ptsd-veterans/

time.com/3967590/vietnam-veterans-ptsd/

Most of you probably know it, but for the sake of completion.

youtube.com/watch?v=UygZnBTWW0M

npr.org/2015/09/13/439963019/researchers-turn-to-popular-club-drug-to-treat-ptsd

NPR article and radio broadcast on MDMA assisted therapy.

good one. thanks for linking that.

Me and my partner have taken it together when we felt we had some stuff to figure out. Not relationshipwise perse, but other problems including (childhood) trauma.

Sometimes we could talk really well and it gave very new, clear insights. Other times the high simply didn't take us there, or we didn't quite feel like getting into it.

Nowadays I only take mdma "therapeutically" (which is once a year or so). Would like to do a party sometimes, as the general vibe of the drug has gotten a lot more serious for me overvthe years.

Used to take mdma 3 times a week for a couple years in my early twenties. Worst experience I ever had was rolling with some chick with ptsd. She never shut the fuck up, just talked for hours on end repeating all the abusive things her bf did to her. If you have ptsd do everyone a favor and just stay home alone.

Trust me. People like you are the reason we combat vets wish we could. Unfortunately bills to pay and all that.

Current AD AF being med boarded for PTSD. Meds dont do shit m8. I find disassociative drugs help the most with controlling my symptoms and helping me see the color and sunshine in life. Bi-weekly dosing on weekends helped the most but got busted even though it's the only thing that's helped. A year and 1/2 of therapy, 3 hospitalizations, countless meds. Nothing helped but dis's. So fucking shitty I'm glad I'm getting out next year

Sorry bi-monthly*

Im not sure what you were trying to say. I'm not saying people with ptsd shouldn't be allowed in public, quit the oppsite. I'm specifically talking about people with with ptsd using mdma with a group of people, that's it. People with ptsd tend to ruin everyone elses high with nonstop talking about their truama. If you wanna use mdma for therapy, take it before you go to your psychiatrist.

Samefag here. Forgot to mention I have the utmost respect for veterans. I'm hating on ptsd. I just feel that taking mdma in a group setting isn't a good idea from my personal experience.

Bump

You know what? I fucking HIDE from people, until I can't, cuz need to recharge batteries or food, etc.

I'm gonna add: that's why I come here. To pretend to have social interactions with ppl who, usually at least as fucked up as I am, but who aren't really people that can trigger me.

You can't look me in the eye, knowing what I've done. You can't spit in my face, or kick me in the balls.

You're just bits and blips my phone/pc xmits and I can interact with in complete safety. No one can see the tears streaming, or will ever know, unless I tell them.

And I won't be taking MDMA in a group setting - I can hardly think of a more disturbing thought than increasing my emotional responsiveness while in a group.