There are countries in the EU who gave up their local currency with local historical figures for EU currency that has...

>there are countries in the EU who gave up their local currency with local historical figures for EU currency that has pictures of bridges and castles

>his country is in the EU

January 1st 2002 best day of my life

France forced us to

>mfw the Pfennig had been used continuously for 1000 years and we had to give it up for fucking "cents"

After 1200 years of using the penny it's just too much hastle to change

>giving up a mark of national sovereignty and pride for monopoly money with windows and doors on it because it makes the two times you visit other countries a year 1% easier
I seriously, SERIOUSLY hope you guys don't do this.

>He dislikes bridges and castles

as expected of a barbarian.

even African and -stan countries have their own currencies celebrating national heroes. What does that make the poorozone?

At least bridges and castles can't get corrupted by political correctness that wants to put useless niggers on your currency instead of presidents.

>tfw took French class back in middle school
>tfw our Iranian French teacher made us memorize the French franc currency as it was part of our test
>mfw memorizing them was useless as you guys replaced it with the euro the next year

Do I have to go find the "ROCKS" picture to illustrate how overrated national currency is?

how do you memorise a currency?

typical american education, they learn things that no one have to learn because it's common sense

It's not overrated though, it's just something sovereign, independent countries are expected to have. It's like saying saying wearing trousers outside is overrated, it might be nice for you not to but other people will still look down on you for it.

pound, dollar, franc, yen, yuan, mark, riksdaler, kronor, kroner, rupees, rubles.

yes, but how do you memorise a single currency? Are you just expected to know what it is they use? Do you have to know what the different bills look like and who's on them?

We had to know who each person on the bank notes were.

It's not necessary just because it's expected. Currency exists for trade, not so every country has a chance to pick some person or image to have their citizens stare at every day.

it's a nice reminder that you exist as a people and you're not just European "country" #18289347. But I suppose most continentals have no problem with that. You're not even on the Euro so I don't know what your deal is.

Hamilton, Jackson, Franklin, Washington, Grant, Lincoln. Did I get that wrong?

No

How can we kill the babyboom EU?

Nationalism doesn't need symbols to exist in peoples minds, unless you have a really cynical view of people. A country can see itself as distinct, independant and worthy of sovereignty without even having a flag. Currency isn't vital. And I think the Euro is a good concept, even though I voted against Sweden using it.

>And I think the Euro is a good concept
[rustling of bankrupt countries because of incompatible financial markets intensifies]