Why did he decide it's ok to rap horribly on the new album?

Why did he decide it's ok to rap horribly on the new album?

Is it because getting involved in politics is more important to him? Is it because he knows his audience is now 90% white 19 year olds who don't know the difference?

how did were his raps horrible?

>WATCHIN KILL BILL ON PILLS AS I GRIP STEERING WHEEL

Please fuck off. This is a music discussion thread on a music discussion board.

Also notable: El-P's return to shitty hooks

dude can't go three seconds without making a dumb line about how he smokes the kush

Down
>And he be smoking that pressure (pressure)
>25 lighters on dresser, pound of that pressure
>So I stay holy and high (high)
Talk To Me
>Smoke kush, transport to the airport
>Customs found a joint in my passport
>Brought gas and the matches to flare it up
Legend Has It
>Lit joints with the matches and ashes away
>Now I smoke pounds of the kush
>Holy, I'm burnin' a bush
>I'll smoke a dub in the tub
Call Ticketron
>I'll wait your reply with a blunt and a beer.
>I be the high guy with the belly and the beard

and so forth

His rapping hasn't gotten worse, it's just now that they're popular Sup Forums doesn't like them anymore

No Mike has some just plain lazy shit that he never would have let on RAP Music. He has a

>eye
>cry
>cried
>cried
>tried

verse for fuck's sake.

That was happening for RTJ2 but this album has noticeable flaws

maybe he just likes smoking weed

>implying killer mike ever had any talent

>"yeah I love Run The Jewels"

Is that the GTA font?

lol yeah

Killer Mike's corny ass has always been the worst part of RTJ. I wish EL-P would start a project with someone else or do another solo album.

can someone explain RTJ to me?

i listened to RTJ3 after people were saying its the "best rap of the decade".. there wasn't a single song i enjoyed, and every song sounded the same

I believe it's the Price is Right font

it's cornball "conscious rap" shit that /r/hiphopheads likes

Listen to RTJ2 or the first half of RTJ1

If nothing else, El-P is one of the best producers in the game

>"Haha rap? That's degenerate, you cuck!"

I like RTJ3 but I gotta agree, some of Mike's lines seem lazy

>air
>air
>air
>air
>air

on Thieves

El-P's verse on Thursday in the Danger Room made me cry though

it's not even good at that though

>illogical trump jokes

honestly i'm not a huge fan of Killer Mike's

>spiritual
>lyrical
>miracle
>individual

verse

cringe

>NOTICE ME SENPAI

what did El-P mean by this?

because his white nu-male fanbase will eat up whatever he shits out now that they've been approved by trendy internet curators so he doesn't have to try anymore

Taking the end rhymes and nothing else as the measure of how good a verse is is pretty fucking stupid.

>No more arms in the air
>We put firearms in the air
>Molotov cocktails thrown in the air
>CNN got dummy Don on the air
>Talking 'bout he smell that ganj in the air
>Dummy don't know and dummy don't care
>Get that punk motherfucker outta here

This is a great verse. Ever heard of epistrophe?

bait thread

run the jewels is nothing to write home about but im excited about their releases every time they come out

btw killer mike is one of the most well spoken rappers of all time

>OF ALL TIME

despite the rhymes it's still just a very boring verse. vague lines about revolution and the media aren't interesting, so if there's no rhymes, then what is there in the song that's good?

that's pretty cringe man

RTJ1 and 2 were fine to great but RTJ3 was a serious let-down. kind of expected it though, hardly any act stays that consistent across three albums

RTJ3 sucks, and it's because they abandoned their aesthetic and devolved lyrically.

RTJ takes a punk approach to hip-hop: the tempos are fast, the beats are loud, the songs are short, and the music as a whole is in-your-face.

RTJ1 was 33 minutes long. RTJ2 clocked in at 41. The new one is 52 fucking minutes long. They needed to keep their albums in the low-30s range to keep them from getting too long.

Their tempo has slowed too. RTJ1 was notable because it was markedly faster-paced than the rest of hip-hop at the time. RTJ2 was slower, with songs like Jeopardy, All My Life, and Love Again. RTJ3 is so slow outside of Panther Like a Panther.

Finally, they've progressively gotten lazier with their lines. I can't think of a single poor line on RTJ1. RTJ2 has the "field of dicks" line, the "oodles and noodles" line, the entirety of Love Again, etc. RTJ3 has Killer Mike rhyming "cry" with "cry" for four lines straight and then he spits an awful "white niggas" verse. They reuse the same flows over and over again as well.

RTJ just keeps getting more lackadaisical with their music and that's why it keeps getting worse.

Mad illusions is better

How is that vague? its referencing a specific thing a specific person said during a specific event.

The concept of the lyrics is alright, but the rhyme scheme is awful. I noticed it appears a lot on the album, there is more than just that instance of repeated words as rhyme schemes

I suspect he probably doesn't think he was rapping horribly

vague as in he's saying "trump is dumb and i'm rebellious." there's no punch to it, it's unoriginal posturing and cliches

>it's a "let's argue about rap lyrics" thread!

The point was that Don Lemon tried to delegitimize civil unrest by saying people were using marijuana. It's a pretty stupid thing to do and Mike's response is pretty appropriate.

ohhhh that's what he's referring to. makes a little more sense i guess

You just put into words why I still loved RTJ1 above the other albums. Thank you user

you gotta be relatively new to rap if you think just comparing the last words of each line in a verse means anything whatsoever

also: FILLER