what was Japan fighting for in WWII?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/NCfUf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

honour

ah beeeeeg peeeenis ahhh

Oil

Keks

This, and Japan is just generally lacking in lots of other natural resources that they needed to fuel their industrial expansion.

witnessed

>oil
>iron
>economic donimace of the pacific
>land to dominate said pacific

Prestige and resources, in equal measure.

They wanted to setup a "economic zone" of Asian countries to compete with the western powers. They used "diplomacy" to strong-arm smaller countries into heavily Japanese favorable treaties and when that didn't work they used military force to take control of the territory, thus expanding their empire.

close your eyes, faggot.

The same as everyone else, money

I would add that they did all this in exactly the same ways that the British Empire had done it 100 years earlier. The Japanese simply were late the expansionist/jingoist age.

And those little packets of soy sauce.

An Empire like every other Empire in history.

not hitler.

Empire

Famiry honarr

Hit the nail on the head.

When the US cut off their trade with Japan in 1941, it pretty much meant they had zero oil. So the Japanese did what they do best and lose hilariously when faced with an actual world power. Their warrior culture was only worth something against smaller countries and states. Oh and China.

lolis

They didn't have any that is why Pearl Harbor sneak attack

They got fucked in the Treaty of Versailles at the end of WW1, so when WW2 came around, they decided to get what was owed to them.

dude...they fought pretty fuckin hard.

In japanese POW camps 50% of prisoners died. in german POW camps, only 1% of prisoners died

shame on any Americans who own a japanese car

You're thinking of Germany

And they lost like little bitches using outdated techniques and committing uncountable war crimes against civilians on the Asian front. Fuck the Nips.

This.

ching chong detected.

San Francisco. They let the Nazis have New York.

pussy

Japan was part of the allies during WWI, and they expected to gain more land and a better deal the the treaty of versailles. This was one of the reasons the sided with axis in the 2nd world war

>not samefag

>supporting a bunch of middle school dropout niggers in Detoilet instead

for ugly flat-faced Hoes with sloped heads?

Pfft the Japanese did very well considering how many countries/people they had against them.
Your kidding yourself if you think it was just the US who beat them.

If only the jews hadn't stabbed them in the back!

really? who else 'helped'?

good guy hitler

Without Russia america would have most likely lost to the nazis during WWII. Especially stalingrad with the amount of troops both hitler a stalin lost really fucked hitler over. America was just their in the end days to essentially take credit.

>godzilla
>mothra
>fukashima

>take credit.

You mean, "win the war".

i wonder where russia got all their military supplies?

Stalingrad was probably the single most important part of the war tbh

American propaganda does a good job of convincing people otherwise but the bombs didn't really make a difference to WW2

I thought you were gonna say something about the Pacific theatre? Do you plan on retracting your previous statement or was that most recent post just information for the purpose of showing us you have completed a high-school history course?

>making weapons is the same as actually fighting the war
good jaaab

Literally millions of people. Australia and basically every other country in the pacific including those already occupied, the British, Indians and Chinese along with smaller mainland Asian countries like Burma.
The US was the major power no doubt but the fight would of been very different without the help of everyone else.

id say having the ability to manufacture weapons is actually more important than just having a mess of peasants

The Soviet Union was the MVP of WW2

No other opinion is valid

Wow it's almost like America contributed but in a different and smaller way, which is basically what I was getting at

Stalingrad was important for the European victory but played almost no part whatsoever except for cause effect style differences in the Pacific theatre. I'm American and honestly in my opinion the Australians did the most in ww2 from operation torch (start of the African campaign) till Berlin in Europe and the entirety of the war with Japan those drunk sunburnt mushmouths put in work.

weapons and technology win wars. not men

America is a superpower today because of its weapons. What are you trying to say?

This was the 1940s, you can't just send in your drones to do the work for you, you dumb cunts, the men of the Soviet Union got in there and did the heavy lifting.

I wasn't really saying anything about specifically European/Pacific, just that Stalingrad was the most important point of the war overall

murrica won the pacific war by itself hands down

russia outlasted the germans on the eastern front.

thats it

englul was just there to be bombed

Daily reminder the world would have been better if the Axis won

You know it's true

Eyesight

Lol wow you guys get taught some shit. For such a "great country" why is your education system so bad?

but there wouldn't be all the glorious anime if nippon didnt get turned homosexual

Warrior culture >>> animu

why learn about obsolete war?

kek

They did one thing and that was kill Anne. That bitch kicked my 7th grandpa in the Penis and testicles. She also stole our sacred pencil.

The Emperor

And he smelled some Asian negra

mother nature did the heavy lifter for those russian 'men'

also the technological advancements of the US in the form of the atom bomb saved a million marines and defeated a nation in one fell swoop

dont bother replying. im done with you kid

>did the heavy lifting

and what did they lift with?!

>what was Japan fighting for in WWII?
control of mainland China
they had invaded shortly after the Chinese civil war broke out
Japan's problem w/ the US is that the US was providing training and material support to one of the Chinese factions, thus hindering Japan's conquest of China
it came to a head after the US imposed a coal and oil embargo on Japan

>kid

And this is where I stopped reading. Y'll a bunch of buffoons.

rather take panty sniffing degenerates over raging barbarians

This, it was always about the Teriyaki sauce.

Except even PM Konoe said Japan was looking to make peace since 1944 due to starvation and resources, far before the atomic bomb
It was already mentioned the Americans contributed well, just in a different way, and not to the same extent as the Soviets. Lrn2read

If they never attacked the usa, Japan might be all of Asia right now.

Don't lecture me about reading, faggot. You didn't fight in WW2. I don't understand why you're acting like someone is stealing your glory. Are you russian?

>raging barbarians
God American culture really does a number on its men

>japan acts up
>ameridad grounds them by taking away stuff
>japan throws hissy fit
>wants to destory pacific fleet
>pick the day that no aircraft carries are in the harbor
>i was only pretending to be retarded
>????
>ameridad actually makes them retarded
>anime is born

you're welcome

direct conflict between the US and Japan was inevitable
US wanted China as a vassal state that provided the US with cheap good
Japan wanted direct control of China for natural resources, specifically coal and oil

And now you've run out of refutations, didn't take too long

>You didn't fight in WW2

Did you?

How is he acting any different to you?

Simple answer is people just get sick of deluded Americans, who know fuck all about the world, telling everyone how good they are.

>You didn't fight in WW2
lol at this fag trying to take credit for what other people actually did

butthurt russian confirmed.

Bullshit. The Jap public was led to believe surrender was the cowards way out. It wasn't until MacArthur stood next to their tiny short sighted Emperor did the Jap citizens realize they had been lied to

this

>this is where I stopped reading
>literally the last word of the post.

Yeah, don't get me started. We get taught that America is the great wonderful place that's always on the right side. There's a lot of talk about WWII (and how we were the heroes), but no so much on Korea or Vietnam.

I had an interest in history my whole life, and was in my 30s the first time I heard of My Lai. That should tell you something.

I'm all for patriotism, and I've done my time in the service, but if you don't teach the mistakes of the past the next generation will repeat them (Iraq).

Not even close to Russian. I'm sure you know how bad your education system is and how most of the world hates you?

No, that's American propaganda. Big surprise, in other countries you actually get told a more complete version of the story.

By the way since I actually named a person and a rough date you can look this stuff up, that's how history works

Alpha dog being alpha and fighting other Alpha dogs for dominance. Same reason why most conflict happens. They came across a bigger alpha dog and got beat down.

>Lost all but one battle in the pacific.
>Couldn't keep up with the US invading forces even though they had the "higher ground"
>Relied heavily on suicidal tactics such as kamikaze/banzai attacks in order to deal in great numbers
>Most casualties they caused were against unarmed civilians
>Invaded a bunch or shit-tier 3rd world countries and called it an "empire"
>Allowed themselves to get nuked. Twice.

Only reason we nuked them is because Russia wiped out basically their whole army in china.

We needed to "contain" Russia with Japan and needed them to surrender to us.

A smart American. I nearly fell of my chair.
No doubt America has done some great things. But you have also done a lot of very bad things. Be nice if the average American new the facts rather then flag waving bullshit.

I think the fact you've had to resort to using 'butthurt' tells everyone how fucked your side of the argument was

This

america saved englul in WW2 be greatful and kiss our big well fed american booties ;^)

discord.gg/NCfUf
SOME REAL DANK WARS

Another stupid American.
Japan had people from all over Asia the pacific and then the US and Britain attacking them. Ofcourse they weren't going to win. They still made it take years to beat them.

>America won it!
>N-No! Russia!
>AUSTRALIA WON IT YOU FUCKS!!!
>IT WAS ALL BRITAIN

We won it. We all played a part.

Soa dey coulda bringa great honabru to der famaries

Also the US was cutting off their oil supply, they felt compelled to attack.
Plus the government had been taken over by a militaristic regime that demanded conquest.

>Allowed themselves to get nuked. Twice.
bait

kek

>implying Japan had no air defense artillery

They wanted to be king of all Asians

>nuked
>TWICE