This album sucks

Can I get some support from mu here? It seems like I'm alone on this sometimes

Other urls found in this thread:

grammar-monster.com/lessons/vocative_case_commas.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vocative_case
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

heliumcore

It was my AOTY but I completely understand why people think it sucks and it's boring. Introspection is absolutely not for everyone.

it's literally r/music tier. Every run the jewels album and pic related too

lol, Blonde is not r/music tier

it is though

it isn't though

lol

it actually is

Explain

Channel Orange was better.

this
also death grips and grimes

Reddit could never dial into something as honest and as vulnerable as Blonde.

it's kind of music r/music should like a lot

Why don't you start by breaking the monotony of all these other cunts in this thread and actually describe what you don't like about it, what it's weakness are or what elements you would change to make it something you would prefer more. Maybe even go as far as to talk about some of the instrumental parts or the grooves or the lyrics or something. You know, talking about music? Supposedly the purpose of this board isn't it.

I actually use /r/music (hate me all you want, idgaf) and I literally never see Blonde on there.

it's you who's r/music tier

it's fun because i also use r/music and i see blonde here time by time

it really isn't

I'll see a comment like once a week but that's it. You consider that r/music tier? Wew

Be the change you want to see you absolutely insufferable faggot.

i see comments a lot more than once a week
plus it was hyped as fuck there when it got released, probably even more hyped than here on Sup Forums

When did we become as obsessed with reddit as Sup Forums
Tragic

>plus it was hyped as fuck there when it got released
As it was everywhere

>probably even more hyped than here on Sup Forums
No. The only place Blonde was more hyped is r/FrankOcean and KTT.

>I can't like this album because other people do

this album is fucking garbage

sorry

grammar-monster.com/lessons/vocative_case_commas.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vocative_case

most boring shit ive listened in 2016

It was alright, but god damn is it over rated. People sincerely believe he's created a new genre and I don't fucking understand why.

why the fuck is it spelled Blond on the cover and literally everyone and their mother calls it Blonde? I am not okay with this, it makes my inner-autist sperg the fuck out.

>Yung Lean feature

DROPPED

it is though

Reddit likes Nights

but it's not AC/DC

Your not alone. Rap is shit

only respectable post in this thread

>muh fluid genders
basically

it's r&b

you're

AOTY

it's not bad, in fact for what it is, it's good. if you don't like r&b in the first place i don't know why you'd listen. but it's interesting just for the fact it's minimal neo-soul and it deals personally with big issues

>Your

death grips and grimes are the most Sup Forums artists ever m8

Beyonce is bad, Frank Ocean is just uninteresting.

Alt R&B is one of the most useless genres out there. Only person who does it right is Clarence Clarity

you guys just got trolled :^)

Anybody else think this is a 10/10?

>ITT People hating on this album but nobody cares to give a reason why they don't like it

I didn't like it, but I didn't understand the love for Channel Orange either. Nostalgia, Ultra was good though

my nigga
it's a masterpiece. If you give this album a chance it'll grow on you like fuck. The songwriting is so rich. Love every single track, even the interludes.
10/10

meant to reply to this post

>Clarence Clarity

You mean the wacky dollar store version of justin timberlake, jai paul and anderson paak for imageboard dwellers?

I I I KNOW YOU GOTTA LEAVE LEAVE LEAVE
TAKE DOWN SOME SUMMERTIME
GIVE UP JUST TONIGHT NIGHT NIGHT

9/10 for me, my only gripe is the final track.

>I actually use /r/music
kill yourself

>listens to Blonde like once or twice on shitty speakers while browsing Sup Forums
lol omg it's boring as shit where's the drums. most uninteresting overrated album ever XD

but it's not

Perfect track. I love the beginning verse where he's talking to his mother, especially love the line
>they're paying me mama
>I should be paying them
Also the part about 2pac.

I think the ending is perfect. Frank's music is all about human relations, sampling an actual conversation is the closest he'll get to perfectly representing this. In a way his brother asking a group of people emotional questions is like a metaphor for the whole album too.

I've been saying this all year. This album is complete trash. Endless is better, but somehow everyone wants to pretend it doesn't exist.

You're forgetting FKA Twigs, Gambino and Anderson .Paak.

It's boring. There's nothing really interesting going on musically, and if you don't care about lyrics then this is just average.

lol what, listen to the album again and pay closer attention to the music, there is a lot going on musically, it's just not as in your facelike in other music

Blonde > Channel Orange (but it doesn't have any songs as good as Pyramids or Lost)

Nikes is shit though

I already gave it a couple listens and can barely tell the songs apart from "the song with Beyonce/Yung Lean/Andre 3000 etc."

>Nikes is shit
Are you retarded? SOTY 2016

is it gay to masturbate to this album?

I definitely love the first half it's just every time I play the album I end skipping the interview. I understand your point but I just can't enjoy listening to it multiple times.

delet this

am I seriously the only one that thinks "Nights" is leaps and bounds the best song on this record, and probably a top 5 track of the decade?

Like, the rest of the album is pretty ok, but that tracks just slays.

>slays
really though, I think the same thing about Seigfried.

Go away Fantano

>▶
lost is trash

It's R&B/Folk/rock

the yung lean feature is tasteful and fits perfectly

this desu

i love everything about this album, it grew on me so much. prefer it to channel orange which was probably my favourite album of 2012.

it's a strong track for sure and my favourite on my first listen, but on repeat listens songs like Self Control, Nikes, Seigfried, Godspeed and White Ferrari have a much greater emotional potency compared to Nights

Frank Ocean in general sucks. I can't wait until we get past this "lel le faux introspective alternative" which in reality just means super fucking boring apathetic background music.

I don't care for frank ocean either , but I wouldn't say he sucks.

As another user daid, if you don't like R&B then there's nothing in this album fir you. I don't like R&B either but this album was hyped so absurdly high on every radio station and music outlet that didn't even play that style of music on their station that I had to at least check it out.

The music itself sounds like a bunch if stock logic pro VSTs. I thought it was maybe the appeal because "muh retro low budget hipster image" or whatever. But it sounded cheap.

The songwriting itself is so void of hooks and melodies it seemed. I couldn't hear any chord structure. The entire album was like a one take jam session.

You guys do realize there are millions of people on r/music and listen to a wide variety of genres including one of the most popular albums of the year.

Yeah this sucks, just standard, non creative R&B with just that little experimentation on it so Pitchfork and Fantano can like it. It's "introspection" is trivial and never clever, boring as fuck.

Nobody falls for tryhard faux-cheap anymore. that shit is done with past 2007. frank is out of touch if he thinks otherwise