Reminder that this album is 50 years old today

Reminder that this album is 50 years old today.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ho9rZjlsyYY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Oh shit!

RIP

Ayy I just listened to it a few minutes ago.

Oh fuck oh shit you're right
I'm telling my dad this and I'm going to ask him if it makes him feel old and he's gonna get so pissed hahahahahahaha
Great album though, RIP Jim and Ray

How long do you think Jim would have lived for if he hadn't overdosed? Would he still be around today?

can someone tell me the appeal of this album listened to it twice and still sounds like shit

That doesn't make it any less great.

Do you like any other Doors albums?

He probably had ten years left tops.

>He probably had ten years left tops.
See I get this but, Keith Richards is still. fucking. alive.

Who knows.

Jim was getting fat

fuck...

So did he die in the nightclub or did he die in the bathtub

Eh, he just aged into a leathery ghoul. It's not unheard of for people of indulgent lifestyles to live a full life. William Burroughs lived to be 83.

People like to babble about how it's so amazing that Keith is still alive but what's even more is amazing is that George Clinton is still alive.

Isn't that Val Kilmer?

Yeah his face does remind me of an old purse. Just saying though, the guy put half of Colombia up his nose; and half of Afghanistan in his arm. He shouldnt be alive today. I'm glad he is, but its a fucking miracle.

Not many albums get to be as timeless, classic, and universally loved as this amazing fucker.
Merry Anniversary, Doors.

'Clinton's songs with Parliament-Funkadelic were often sampled by rap producers.[4] "Sure, sample my stuff…" he remarked in 1996. "Ain't a better time to get paid than when you're my age. You know what to do with money. You don't buy as much pussy or drugs with it – you just buy some."'

Baller

Saw this post and immediately put the album on because The Doors are that good and worthy of that kind of respect

When he dies I die

I was actually listening to it a few hours ago as well lmao I haven't listen to it in like two years or so fully

Amazingly, it still sounds fresh.

Anyone else think "Light my fire" is really comfy?

Like, that melancholy organ, the acoustics, the smoky atmosphere, etc. It's a perfect rainy night/early morning soundtrack.

The Crystal Ship was my go to wake up song for years

It reminds me of a classical piece by bach, Toccata and Fugue. the organ part is just so dark and... full of despair.

youtube.com/watch?v=ho9rZjlsyYY