Most world cups per capita by a huge margin

>most world cups per capita by a huge margin

Why doesn't Sup Forums recognize them as the greatest soccer nation?

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20121111130914/http://es.fifa.com/mm/document/fifafacts/mcwc/ip-201_02s_fwc-origin_8819.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because they didn't win 5 world cups.

They also didn't get BTFO 7 to 1.

Won first world Cup and first one after ww2. Not really impressive. Nobody cared about first world Cup and everybody was dead for their second.

For the same reason why Canada isn't recognized as a great football nation despite winning the tournament at the 1904 Summer Olympics.

top 10 football nations of all time

brazil
germany
italy
argentina
spain
france
uruguay
england
netherlands
usa

>usa
???

they've won a trophy more recently than argentina

>he doesn't remember when we won fifa

Havent you heard? Athletic performance can only be accurately measured >per capita.

Uruguay is the greatest soccer nation, hands down.

They also won the Gold Cup y2k kek, beating Colombia.
Never even been ranked over 40 in the FIFA rankings. Just one WC attendance, in 1986.

more like
>brbr
>germany
>italy
>argie
>uruguay
>france
>spain
>england
>neverland
>czech

spain have no business being above any other winners except england. they literally had 1 good team and thats it. no other finals, not even third places.

It's bull that it's compared to current population, then.
It was still small in 1930 but they had a population of 1.875 million, compared to 12 million of Argentina then. Doesn't sound as crazy as now, does it?

They had legendary players, prestigious league since forever, won euro '64 and Olympics '92. Spain is very much top 10 no matter what.
Also surely Hungary is more prestigious than the Czech?

youre right i was tunnel visioned and only looked at shit achieved at world cups.

The US has won 26 Olympics

>per capitahahhahaha

In this case it's different because there's only one FIFA world cup, meanwhile there's something like 30 almost identical swimming variations in the Olympics to pad the burger medal numbers.

one of only 4 countries to have won 3+ world cups

YGSIU, rest of the world

Who /churasco/ here?

fuck off argnig

>T-they are old so they don't count!

Why people can't deal with Uruguay's fucking impressive record? We are a 3 million 3rd world country and still one of the most accomplished national teams in the world.

We are not Italy, Germany or Brazil tier of course but still very good.

we've won the world cup? I mean the men because women's soccer is garbage

Chile is more impressing

>denying us opportunities to shitpost at the rest of the world
it's like you hate america or something

How?

Poland has won Olympics too, also got to the final in '92 and got two bronze medals on WC (one of them after being refballed in the semis against Germany in '74), how can Spain be above them?

Maybe womens worldcup lel

>home of the biggest semi-final defeat on home soil per capita talking

>poland won the olympics when it was a commie state in amateur era
>polish league was never prestigious league
>not nearly as many quality polish players as spanish players
>no world cups, no euros
I'm amazed people can shit on Spanish football like that.

death to the great satan if im honest

>Per Capita

Having anything high per capita doesn't make you the best, it makes you efficient. The best ones are still the ones that have the most overall, just like always.

What the fuck are you talking about? After 1972 Olympics win (which I assure you, were NOT amateur) they were the favourites of 1974 WC and they were the biggest NT that have not played in Euros then, mostly because of difficult qualifications (bar one when they slipped). Polish clubs performed better in Europe in late 70s too. They were also established in WC since before WW2, they lost against Brazil in '38 after a hard, high-scoring game. And could you remind me the big Spanish names before they naturalized di Stefano and Puskas?

No.
>As professionalism spread around the world, the gap in quality between the World Cup and the Olympics widened. The countries that benefited most were the Soviet Bloc countries of Eastern Europe, where top athletes were state-sponsored while retaining their status as amateurs. Between 1948 and 1980, 23 out of 27 Olympic medals were won by Eastern Europe, with only Sweden (gold in 1948 and bronze in 1952), Denmark (silver in 1960) and Japan (bronze in 1968) breaking their dominance.
Then suddenly after 1992 the old commie countries stopped being good at olympic football.

>Then suddenly after 1992 the old commie countries stopped being good at olympic football.
Yeah it's not like intense social, political, and economic upheaval that rocked the foundations of entire nations would have anything to do with that.

Or being on equal ground fucked them over.
>Since 1992 male competitors must be under 23 years old, then since 1996 23 years old players with three over-23 players allowed per squad. The new format allows teams from around the world to compete equally, and African countries have taken particular advantage of this, with Nigeria and Cameroon winning in 1996 and 2000 respectively.

Why are there so many Mexican countries?

not if it's with women's """"""accomplishments""""""

Uruguayan logic:

The gold medals count both as Olympic Medals AND World Cups depending on the topic at hand

There's only one Mexican country retard, it's Mexico.

>after 1992
And which communist country made to the final them? i remember that the NTs of a parliamentary monarchy and a democracy played then.
Also please answer to all issues mentioned in my post instead of cherrypicking one (not even particularly correctly tbqhwyf, only few clubs were run in the manner that the players were officially workers, and in the miner clubs from Upper Silesia players were actually working in the mines), would you?

that sounds like an OR modifier not an AND one, user. AND would be both at the same time not depending on the topic

>being this misogynistic
I'm sorry Stacy said no, but you gotta let it go.

Argentinian logic:

Old cups don't count unless they are argentinian.

What's the difference between all these Spanish speaking countries? They all seem the same to me

I went to Spain and it was just as third world and non-white as East LA

USA is pretty fucking mexican right now

BUILD WALL

It's not a World Cup. It's a Gold Medal.

and this is why people can't stand american tourists. not even all of Mexico itself is one homogenous culture, let alone all of latin america. Spain is arguably even more disparate in its cultural segments just by itself, too.

To keep the Mexicans in?

>this thread
i don't know if americans are actually this clueless about football, or if this is a very lazy attempt at falseflagging

Personally I don't think they should be counted as World Cups because they aren't, and simply because the WCs didn't exist back then and the Olympic gold would be the only international adult competition of the time, it doesn't magically turn them into World Cups.

Uruguay has 2 WCs, 2 Olympic golds and 15 Copas América and that is enough.

>implying they need to be stopped
>implying they even want to go back

>let's not take into account that we never had a boom in population like most other countries and pretend we were on the same ground we are now 100 years ago
Truly some of the worst posters.
Not sure what you want. di Estefano and Puskas played alongside 9 spanish players, like Gento. Luis Suarez for Barcelona. Telmo Zarra's goalscoring record stood for well over 50 years. There's just too many.

FIFA sent a letter to Uruguay in 1924 congratulating them as world champions -they organized the event

Shut it, Raheem. Stop shitposting. Its against something in the Qoran.

web.archive.org/web/20121111130914/http://es.fifa.com/mm/document/fifafacts/mcwc/ip-201_02s_fwc-origin_8819.pdf

>At the 1924 Congress, FIFA agreed to assume responsibility for the organisation of the Olympic football Tournament by ratifying the proposal that “on condition that the Olympic Football ournament takes place in accordance with the Regulations of FIFA, the latter shall recognise this as a world football championship”.

shut up, you retard. You should stop posting out of ignorance.
read

Because they won their world cups when football was a meme sport and few countries played it and/or participated in those world cups. That's why

>copa america
Literally what?

Check the teams playing it in those olympics and world cups:

Belgium, Spain, USA, France, Italy, Netherlands, Switzerland, Yugoslavia, Germany, Argentina, Portugal

Football has always been the most popular sport on earth since the 900's. The attendance for the first world cup final was 90.000 spectators, the stadium was full 6 hours before the match started

Portugal has a pretty decent record for a small country.

Euro:
1984- Semi Finals
1996- Quarter Finals
2000-Semi Finals
2004-Runners Up
2008-Quarter Finals
2012-Semi Finals
2016- Champions

World Cup:
1966- Third Place
1986- Group Stage
2002- Group Stage