What is her fucking problem?

What is her fucking problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

thewordmagazine.com/music/grimes/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

only problem I see is being better than Grimes or Tegan And Sara, but not as good as Austra

she needs my dick in her but hasn't had it so she's unsatisfied

I mean what's wrong with her thighs and other various body parts?

you mean that she doesn't have the ass of a 12 year old boy?

she has a little meat on her bones, nothing wrong with that

>being better than Grimes or Tegan And Sara, but not as good as Austra
Actually you're wrong. She's better than Austra, but no better than Grimes or Tegan and Sara. Especially Grimes is on a whole new level.

>Especially Grimes is on a whole new level.

lmao

>Tegan and Sara
>Good

Do people actually believe this?

Laugh bitch, you know that it's true.

Yes, they do. You're the contrarian here, pal.

why does she sing about body parts so much?

It might have been true early on, but ever since Art Angels (which is the epitome of mediocrity), your statement is completely false. She can barely be considered good anymore.

Absolutely wrong. It's the epitome of mediocrity for (You), not for anyone with a decent taste in music. Even the critics adored this album.

>She can barely be considered good anymore.
Big deal if (You) don't consider her good anymore. I'm sure she can't sleep at night knowing this "valuable" thing.

nah man, she has never been anything but mediocre. had she not started in Montreal she would never have gotten a start, it's not hard to shine in the shithole of Quebec

It's not just me, most people I know consider Art Angels to either be mediocre or garbage. Some of them have better taste in music than I do. Who cares what the critics say, Fantano gave Floral Shoppe a 4/10 when it's actually closer to an 8/10.

Her early 2010s material is actually quite good, reminds me of Goldfrapp a little bit.

user, Grimes didn't become successful because of being popular on her own home turf. Quite the opposite in fact:

>>It’s a long way from playing around in your room at home to getting signed by a label. How did that happen?
>t was all very informal. A friend of mine started a label, Arbutus Records, and told me I should do something. It was a safety thing, before doing the records I already knew I had a label, so I didn’t have to worry about anything. But actually I thought only the people in the Montreal scene would get to hear it and no one else, but I guess I was wrong!
>>So what happened?
>All of a sudden there was this internet buzz, completely out of the blue. I had already forgotten about my album when this huge American blog wrote about my stuff. I started getting a lot of offers for shows and then it just all built up. Last March I quit my job to concentrate fully on the music.
>>What were you doing before?
>I worked for a radio station. But not as a presenter, I have a horrible lisp, they would never let me say anything on air. I did fundraising for them. And at the same time I was studying.
>>How did you get in touch with 4AD, your current label?
>4AD saw me play at this festival in New York called CMJ. They wanted to talk and I got an offer directly after that.
thewordmagazine.com/music/grimes/

I'm kind of concerned that people who post shit like this are serious

Stylistically speaking Art Angels is far from my favorite record. However it is also one of the most finely crafted records of it's type in existence right now. Art Angels is great, assuming you have a sense of taste for what it offers.

It's a fucking pop record you goddamn retard

It isn't some finely crafted art masterpiece

I'm kind of NOT concerned since I know that people who post shit like this AREN'T serious

>Pop art inferiority complex sufferer detected

>It's not just me, most people I know consider Art Angels to either be mediocre or garbage.
Yeah, maybe all those people you know are plebs like you. Ever crossed that in your mind? Living in your bubble and all that shit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

>Who cares what the critics say
Lots of people do. The critics are supposed to review music, and many people check some reviews first before listening to an album to see it's worth the time/money or not. Of course most of these people will form their own opinions after actually listening to those albums, but the influence of the critics can't be underestimated.

This. People assume all kinds of ridiculous things about her. They never do any research that would prevent them from saying so much crap.

>implying a pop record can't be a masterpiece
I bet you hate Pet Sounds, Revolver, Hounds of Love, So, etc like a total turbopleb. You're embarrassing.

>many people check some reviews first before listening to an album
Why would anyone do this? Just listen to an album for yourself and decide whether you like it or not.

>maybe all those people you know are plebs like you
Not a chance, If you read my post you would see that I said many of them have better taste in music than I do.

I'm not him, but
>Pet Sounds
6.5/10
>Revolver
5.5/10

Not bad albums but there is a lot better in the pop genre.

>Why would anyone do this? Just listen to an album for yourself and decide whether you like it or not.
Do you have time to listen to lots and lots of albums that are released daily? The reviewers are like a filter. If you don't care about them it doesn't mean others don't.

>many of them have better taste in music than I do.
Again, confirmation bias. It's all subjective.

>Pet Sounds
>6.5/10
>Revolver
>5.5/10
>Pleb hating good music.

>many of them have better taste in music than I do.
In which case, how can you be so sure that they aren't just feeding you false information s a lark in order to make you sound like an idiot when in other musically inclined people's company?

Did you actually just suggest Art Angels is somehow comparable to Pet Sounds or Revolver?

Well spotted. That user, btfo!

>taxman err... strawman
That wasn't the point.

No need to rub it in.

All three are albums of music, so yes.

But sylistically speaking there about as different as they come, so no - not really.

Nah, they my homies. They were the ones that went with me to see Nikka Costa, Steppenwolf, and Jamiroquai, among others back in the day.

Pet Sounds or Revolver are albums of pop music. Art Angels is another album of pop music. All 3 albums are different and great on their own. What's the problem?

I don't even *not like* Art Angels, I own the cassette FFS, but some people here act like there's some vast depth of artistry to analyze there, and there just isn't.

The problem is that two of them are decent and one of them is mediocre.

>Revolver
5.5/10
>Pet Sounds
6.5/10
>Art Angels
4/10

>there's some vast depth of artistry to analyze there, and there just isn't.
That's just your opinion. "Depth of artistry" and all those kinds of abstract concepts are entirely subjective things. And apparently there's a lot of depth of artistry in her music if AA was the most discussed album on mu in 2016.

>The problem is that two of them are decent and one of them is mediocre.
Those ratings, you took them out of your ass?

Fuck off Scaruffifag

>And apparently there's a lot of depth of artistry in her music if AA was the most discussed album on mu in 2016.

Oh please, don't pretend that was for any other reason than fucking waifu bullshit spam.

Don't pretend you even read those threads. "Waifu bullshit spam"? Think again. The number of legit posts clearly outnumbered the blatant waifu posts.

Just a random thread with music discussion about Visions: Basically stop talking out of your ass.

>I proudly let other people dictate my tastes in music to me
I know 'hipster' is currently a very 'in' word for describing this phenomenon, but imo one a lot better comes to mind: drone.

she cute!

>tfw Grimesfags ruined another thread

She crept up in you and wouldn't let go

>ruined

also

was this taken when she was 16? because she looked like a cow last I saw her