This is the smug face of a millionaire who got rich, famous, scored tons of pussy...

This is the smug face of a millionaire who got rich, famous, scored tons of pussy, and appeared on dozens of magazine covers by playing at the skill level of a 15 year old who just got his first guitar.

How does this make you feel?

Meh. Plebs gonna pleb.

I thought he's been married for a really long time

still a higher level than me so i can't complain

Kirk usually looks pretty sad to me

t. butthurt djentfag who's too autistic to understand why people like good hooks and riffs more than sweep picking

That pretty much describes all of Metallica (switch guitar to drums for Lars) except for Cliff and pre-90s Hetfield

He might not be the best guitarist in metal, but at least he can play to a high level of competency. Can't say the same for Lars. Also at least Kirk's not an arsehole as far as I can tell.

Metal is mostly shit and Metallica are trash but you're even worse for thinking that the ability of the artist has anything to do with the quality of the music

To break it down, Metallica were best if you liked catchy songs you could sing along to. Slayer didn't have much of a sense of melody or songcraft for comparison, but their songs win hands-down for sheer fist-smashing aggression. Anthrax never tried to be anything more than campy good-time fun music.

kirks pretty good

ur mad
this, although metallica is bad

Metallica is shit. Straight from Wikipedia:

Ulrich has been criticised for being a poorly skilled drummer by some fans and media and for diminished performance over the years. Ulrich said in a 2012 interview that he "regressed" at drumming; although he exercises regularly to stay fit, he doesn't regularly practice drums "in order to get better."

"The criticism used to bother me, back in the day – and I spent a lot of time overcompensating for that on the early records. But then you wake up one day and you're like, 'whatever.' It hasn't bothered me for about 15 years. I'm no Joey Jordison. I'm no Mike Portnoy, and I have nothing but love and respect and admiration for all those guys. When I hear some of the young dudes, they blow my mind with what they can do with their feet and stuff – but it's not something that makes me go, 'I need to feel better about myself so I'm gonna learn how to do what they do with my feet.' I'm not a particularly accomplished drummer but I am very, very, very good at understanding the role of the drums next to James Hetfield's rhythm guitar. I guarantee you I'm the best guy in the world for that, and that's enough for me!"

—Lars Ulrich

Kirk Hammett's Top 25 Albums of the 2000s...

...and Lars Ulrich's Top 25 Albums of the 2000s

if this is real, wow

Lol whoops

This

Kirk peaked on RTL, it was all downhill from there.

kirk isn't even that bad
lars on the other hand

Please watch Kirk play live nowadays. He makes Lars' playing look clean, tight, and organized...

>Metal is mostly shit and Metallica are trash but you're even worse for thinking that the ability of the artist has anything to do with the quality of the music

This sounds like something Christgau would say.

>nowadays.
He's fucking old and probably has arthritis

What the fuck do you expect?

Objectively what's wrong with this quote? Not everything is about how fast you can play.
Also if you think Kirk is a bad guitarist, you're a bad guitarist.

>there are tons of guitarists his age or older, playing just as good, if not better, than they ever have in their life

>t. millennial scenecore kid

Better than most of you lot.

Who are you quoting?

Tony Iommi was playing really tight on the final Sabbath tour and he's almost 70. The hand surgery he got some years ago definitely helped him.

>post-90s U2
>Kid Rock
>Chinese Democracy
>Wolfmother
>Kasabian
>fucking Zwan

How can professional musicians be so pleb?