/grimes/

Grimes!

youtube.com/watch?v=k12xiZfRiqs

Other urls found in this thread:

grimes-claireboucher.tumblr.com/post/140857883740/grimes-the-happy-reader-winter-2015
youtube.com/watch?v=HfuG8fbed8c
clyp.it/24rbz1gu
youtube.com/watch?v=5hxibHJOE5E
youtube.com/watch?v=b6ia1ad3NNU
youtube.com/watch?v=JSIdFehlmWA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

our lovely queen

I didn't see that pic before

What Grimes lyrics that hit you right in the feels?

she has hairy armpits and thats disgusting

ugh

not anymore

i think you're gay

please refrain from using homophobic insults kthx

>Being myself makes me feel like I can't touch the ground
>Here on the earth makes me feel like I can't get the sound

What are you listening to right now /Grimes/? I'm listening to Vespertine for the first time

I really liked Art Angels, where should I go if these songs are my favorites:

Kill V Maim
California
World Princess Pt II

That's also not music-related desu.

All Grimes songs on shuffle. Currently it's Circumambient

I like Grimes.

>He doesn't have a hairy armpit fetish
Pretty damn pleb, user. I bet you don't even eat ass.

Probably to her next album - which unfortunately hasn't been written or released yet... Perhaps the upcoming Gorillaz album?

That's the best I can tell you off the top of my head desu. Those three sings are all distinctly part of the new sound portion of the album (imo Grimes releases tend to be two-thirds exploration of sounds first uncovered in whatever her previous release was and one-third exploration of new.)

thanks fellow Sup Forumstant.

is that pic recent?
She's so beautiful

I've never seen these InStyle covers. Can someone upload more?

bump

ugly
no ass
no tits

lmao

but those eyes

Why are you describing yourself? This thread isn't about you.

she has an ass tho
and those eyes
and a wonderful personality
and fun music

Political album when

They're among my favorite Grimes pics

When did Claire get so pretty??

but she's always been pretty

How can you faggots ador a mere goblin?

honestly I always thought she was ugly and I always have you guys shit for it and I was one of the "she's only cute in some pics" but now I realize it's more of her intentionally trying to look like shit sometimes and that even when she's natural she actually is pretty

It's called having taste in music.

Grimes doesn't make art with ulterior motives in mind (such as making overt political statements) because she knows that sort of thing sucks - and why:
>I can’t make art with ulterior motives. The videos and stuff more, but the actual music is so ephemeral, either I get it or I don’t. When I try to manipulate it, I feel like I’m punished by the music gods. It has to be honest or I can’t do it. Or maybe I just know it feels dishonest and so I like it less. But with music, it’s either there or it’s not. It doesn’t matter what the aesthetics are. There’s a certain way that vocals can interact with melody and if you can get a certain feeling from that, there’s no way to control that. Maybe if you’re one of the great pop writers, like Max Martin– maybe that’s what Max Martin figured out and that’s why he’s so great. For me at least, I have no control over it.
grimes-claireboucher.tumblr.com/post/140857883740/grimes-the-happy-reader-winter-2015

It's one of the main underlying reasons why her art tends to be so damn good - because it's completely honest.

I don't understand how you interpret this as saying Grimes will never make a political album

>looks up max martin

what in the fuck? this nigga dun goen and wrote every goddamn song in history of music

Because making outright political statements in art requires going in to the creative process with a fixed mind-set, and what she is stating here is that that sort of thing is completely counter-intuitive to the way she naturally goes about making art.

Seeing her while she was touring for Visions is still one of my favorite concert memories. Every single person on the floor was moving as a single, hot, sweaty unit. It was fucking magical.

Sure, if it's just a statement to you then you shouldn't, but some of the most brilliant art through history - not to mention speeches - has come from people who've deeply felt for their cause.

YEAH CAUSE GRIMES POSTING IS ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC

>Soft skin
>You touch me once again and somehow it stings
>‘Cos I know it is the end
>I hate that you're leaving
>So why don't you talk to me?
>You act like nothing ever happened
>But it meant the world to me

i never know what shes saying lol

lol cute

i feel like if stefan were to have a gf it'd either be grimes or fka twigs

I've been thinking, I've been thinking

stop posting that

Before 2013 she made her look intentionally weird (especially weird haircuts). She toned down the quirkness since then.

she just seems like a stereotypicals 00s try-hard "artsy" beta girl

le humble roland merchant is quite interesting to watch.

how many try hard artsy beta girls do you know that can make music on ableton? i showed my gf myself making music on a DAW once and she said it looked like a bunch of numbers and was "boring". most girls dont learn DAW's.

alright that's pretty true
for a girl she's very talented and driven
i guess, as a guy who uses ableton, i'm jealous of her success, considering her as an equal, and not as a girl
but as a girl, she's good

>seems
Seems =/= is.

>stereotypicals 00s try-hard "artsy" beta girl
Show me ONE stereotypical 00s try-hard "artsy" beta girl who is a vocalist and can play these instruments:
- synthesizer
- sampler
- guitar
- bass
- drums
- violin
- ukulele

...and has these skills:
- singer
- songwriter
- producer
- sound engineer
- lyricist
- live performer
- visual artist
- music video director & editor
- dancer
- model

BTW...
>beta girl
>see related webm

also, damn, i just demonstrated how feminism is misogynist, and how misogyny is feminist

yeah true
but also you don't get how many people do all those things and how all it takes to do all those things are confidence and the means of production and that she only gets recognition for doing those things because she's a pretty girl but hey i guess i shouldn't insightful things
because like you know she might play all those instruments but she doesn't know shit about music
she's just a lucky rich girl

>for a girl she's very talented and driven
>but as a girl, she's good
That seems patronizing. Do you believe you're on par with her? Prove it by posting some of your music. Just because both of you work in Ableton Live it doesn't mean you're on her level. It's like saying you're the peer of a scientist just because both of you use a computer.

>because like you know she might play all those instruments but she doesn't know shit about music
Are you sure about that? Maybe she doesn't know too much music theory, but she knows music by instinct. The end result counts: her music. You could call that talent:

>talent: (someone who has) a natural ability to be good at something, especially without being taught.

how do i became pithy like you?

I want Grimes to make a full country album, or at least another single.

What comment?

she said her next albums more slower sounding synth stuff. whatever that means.

yeah true
(she herself says she doesn't know much about music)

well, she is successful and i'm on Sup Forums, so i guess it's really not even posting my music for comparison.

b-but there's no country inspiration in Canada

Yet she made the perfect country song. I vaguely recall her mentioning Dolly Parton a couple times. There's an unfilled niche for electronic country anyway, isn't there? All I know of is Rednex.

Thoughts on this Saturn Princess cover (it's not mine, btw)? youtube.com/watch?v=HfuG8fbed8c

work on your lisp

she never made a country song

I really love Art Angels, but it also sounds very much like pleb tier pop.

>but it also sounds very much like pleb tier pop.
You're confusing patrician with pleb. Pleb is something common, something ordinary, something for anyone. Now: how many albums like AA do you know? How many units this album sold? How many people know about it in the grand scheme of things? See, this is what I mean. That makes the album patrician. I'm not discussing the quality of this album because music is subjective (and AA got huge acclaim anyway).

it's not pop music

I LOVE HER SO MUCH!!! help me..

>Pleb is something common, something ordinary
This is wrong.

she could have anyone she wanted..

See, I fucking love Grimes, but she is in no way unpopular. Her music videos get millions of views on YouTube.

Considering that Grimesposting wouldn't even be a thing without that music... yes.

Btw your caps lock is on.

Her popularity on Sup Forums is misleading. Ask anyone on the street if they heard about her and notice the results. She's just an indie artist with an above the average popularity.

>Her music videos get millions of views on YouTube.
How many of those views are bots and the same teenage pre-op teenager replaying the videos over and over?

Not to mention record labels can buy views to make their artists appear more popular than they are.

>the perfect country song
don't ever disrespect He Stopped Loving Her Today like that again

>tfw you will never wake up to see Grimes wearing your tar sands t shirt

Hahahaha a Grimes general? What's next a Rihanna general? a Beyonce general? a Katy Perry general?

What a meme.

>What's next a Rihanna general? a Beyonce general? a Katy Perry general?
No. People are bored by these singers.

>What a meme.
The meme is in the brain of the beholder.

The instrumental version of California is really awesome - clyp.it/24rbz1gu

There are sounds I didn't even notice on the album version. That fuzzy bassline is delicious.

>fly me to the moon
>and let me give myself to you
>in another words
>hold my hands
>in other words
>darling kiss me

I don't get why an artist that inspires so much positivity makes Sup Forums so mad?

Is it Grimes?

she spent a lot of time on this

[spoiler]jealousy[/spoiler]

Indeed. Btw I can't unhear those sounds that I didn't even notice on the album version. This apparently simple song has so many details.

Grimes really writes the worst lyrics lmao

That kind of noisy sound at 2:35 gets me every time. And that hidden synth melody at 2:48.

>implying those lyrics are hers
youtube.com/watch?v=5hxibHJOE5E

she needs to practice more and this will be the closest thing we've ever had to pre-AA grimes
youtube.com/watch?v=b6ia1ad3NNU
youtube.com/watch?v=JSIdFehlmWA

STOP SHILLING

This general is just irony, r-right guys?
You aren't actually like super obsessed with Claire or something, right?

Irony? Dude, liking the artist of the decade is not an ironic thing.

lol

>You aren't actually like super obsessed with Claire or something, right?
No, I just love her more than anything I have in my life.

I love the sci-fi sound of her music. Any sci-fi fan should listen to her music.