Is this the definitive punk album?

Is this the definitive punk album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kQ09uf27VAg&t=136s
youtube.com/watch?v=dQMEv77BfJE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, this is.

it may be the definitive crossover thrash album. pic related is the definitive punk album

def. the definitive west coast skate punk/thrash album

not a big fan of Germs, from that time and place though, "X" is my favorite, DJ Bonebreak was a decent drummer/musician

this.

punk in general? no.

it's weird, I couldn't be less into most punk, but I love thrash. probably because it has style and seems more dude-ish and not bound by the rules of the little punk reality-bubble

i didn't really like them either until i read lexicon devil. it kind of gave me a new appreciation for them. x is a great band too though and they're also talked about in that book

IMO it's this or if you aren't distinguishing between punk and hardcore then it's Bad Brains

funny that you say "dude-ish" because my mom grew up on Suicidal Tendencies, and generally the punk/hardcore scene from East LA, and Riverside, and she is def. the least "dude-ish" person lol

>I couldn't be less into most punk, but I love thrash
check this out my man
youtube.com/watch?v=kQ09uf27VAg&t=136s

ahem

no. i feel like JFA and Wasted Youth already had this west coast skate sound on lock

This was going on around the same time, not too far away from LA

New suicidal tendencies is awesome

Dave Lombardo and Thundercat

IMO this was a better "skate punk" band from the same time, and place

>female vocals

I used to live and hang out around those areas, and obviously there's a dude element there though.

did somebody say skate punk?

yes

>not liking crust with female vocals
youtube.com/watch?v=dQMEv77BfJE

Actual definitive punk album

but half of that album is doom/sludge

great album, but it definitely didn't define punk

Close

I'm a part of what some people call the "alt-right" and this album is punk as fuck. It feels like an actual counter culture, or rebellion against the PC culture that dominates American colleges.

Anyone gonna give this credit?

This album is more punk than any of the albums posted in this sorry thread.

Suicidal for life

Daily reminder that all punk rock is now dad rock.

Yeah...I was thinking the sex pistols should play trumps inauguration..
How fucking punk rock would that be now lol
In a non ironic ironic way

You might've gotten dubs but you forgot that John Lydon HATES Donald Trump and last spring when PIL performed on Stephen Colbert's show at the end of his set he told the audience "Don't any of you vote for Donald Trump EVER!"

I tried looking for the video clip on line but can't find it.

But John is well known to do anything for that filthy lucre

Yes but he's usually honest when he speaks his mind and makes statements like that. He as also stated in interviews since becoming a U.S. citizen that he doesn't like or trust Donald Trump.

Same. I love crossover because it's everything I love about hardcore minus the PC bullshit, with the ability to actually play their instruments from thrash metal.

are you even trying?

>Kill the Poor
>Let's Lynch The Landlord
>Police Truck
>Stealing People's Mail
>Viva Las Vegas

Unfortunately this is the PERFECT punk album for the incoming administration.

Guess who owns property in Las Vegas?
Guess who used to be a land lord before having his own reality show and being "elected" to public office?

This album makes perfect sense!

You forgot to mention how this former land lord and reality television star thinks "Stop and Frisk" is a good thing doesn't violate the individual's constitutional rights and thinks it should be public policy throughout the land.

gave this a try and loved it

the bay area is like a days drive away senpai