Great Britain vs Australia (8:30pm)

More info at the official website here:
rio2016.com/en/hockey

For newcomers to the sport, here is a quick video guide:
youtube.com/watch?v=pBHYaSn8qxU

Other urls found in this thread:

zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/hauptnavigation/live?flash=off
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pretty big day for women's hockey today.

We start day 5 with Spain vs New Zealand, a big game for Spain who will want to snatch a win off New Zealand today to get into a spot into the quarter finals, however after the previous 2 results in the tournament, it looks like they won't have what it takes to make it through to the knockout rounds.

We then move onto India vs Australia. After a shocking first 2 rounds, Australia is looking for their first win so far in what should turn out to be their easiest match. A win here would put them in a great position to get them into the top 4 of pool A.

Then comes Germany vs Republic of Korea. Korea enters this Olympic games off a great showing at last years Hockey World League, however their performance at this Olympics so far hasn't quite cut it. This match should be a clear victory for Germany to put them ahead of China in the pool, however a victory or draw for Korea could make them serious contenders for a quarter final appearance.

After comes Britain vs Argentina. Probably the biggest women's match today, a victory for either of these teams is a possibility. Argentina comes into this game off a big 4-0 win over Japan which saw them full of confidence and life they didn't quite have in their first round loss against America, however today they are playing Great Britain who comes into this round off their own convincing victory over India. Should be some great hockey.

To finish the women's games is USA vs Japan. the US is looking really dangerous this tournament, winning both their games so far including a shock victory over Australia, and a convincing win over Argentina. Japan doesn't look like it has what it takes to stop the rampaging menace that is team USA, but a draw would do wonders for them as they battle with India and Australia to keep their quarterfinals hopes alive.

Over to the men’s draw we have New Zealand vs Brazil. Considering Brazil is pretty much an amateur team, this will be New Zealand’s first win of the tournament, however won’t be enough to grant them a top 4 position.
After comes the big one, Australia vs Great Britain. A win or a draw is needed for Australia to secure a spot in the quarterfinals, with Britain unable to take anything but a win after their draw against New Zealand. Australia came into this tournament clear favourites as World Cup champions, Hockey World League champions and Champions Trophy winners… However that all means jack shit now after an absolutely shocking opening 3 games which saw them narrowly beating New Zealand and losing in extremely close games to Spain and Belgium. Australia will need to regain the momentum they had going before this Olympics and fix their terrible short corner efficiency if they want to win this crucial match. This match will be a real nail bitter and the biggest match today, so keep your eyes out for this one.

Charlotte Harrison is such a cutie.

Good work arou d the field from the kiwi girls but garbage finishing and shots.

Straya cunt

Where are you watching the match?

ch 7

looks like our girls have vaguely got their shit together now

Well we're playing India...

I swear I saw a player called Poojna

kek this camera man

I just realized that we have the same
time zone that Straya

>ice hockey without ice

are you offering to host winter olympics too?

Sure, why not? Russia did it so it must be easy.

India are always reasonable at hockey

Womens team is shit tho

In the men's.

They don't even feed their women, so they can barely play.

You only just realised?

Come on mate, wake up.
Everyone in the southern hemisphere shares the same timezone, that's why it's winter.

didn't they make a comm games final in 2014? I don't think they're as bad as you guys are making out

looked it up and turns out I'm imagining things

carry on

ayo third goal nice one girls

>4-0

>India literally scoring goals for us
LMAO

Bump for Korea - Germany

do we have any qts on our team?

>5-0
Does this make up for the last two games?

Scored just as I hit submit, kek

If we win this we get the Falklands back

Are you not mentioning the Netherlands on purpose? Our women play China today

Nether who?

yes

>6-1
REEEEEEEEEEE

just watching for qts tbqh lads

rude desu

What the fuck is Reece?

WTF? I never knew that...

Northern hemisphere BTFO

POO
>IN
LOO

Who's the waifu far right?

why is your stream so shitty friend?

I think that's Julia Gomes Fantasia, you can have her.
But I'm claiming Agustina Albertario

>the korean got the green card

GOT ME SOME YELLOW FEVER LADS

Yes, that's her

Was someone able to cap that Korean when she sat down after getting the green card? Stream isn't letting me rewind

shit internet

hast du mal versucht über die html5 zdf seite mit einem externen player zu streamen?

zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/hauptnavigation/live?flash=off

Does da HOOG still play?

RULE BRITANNIA

ARGIES ON SUICIDE WATCH
Ellen Hoog? She does

How many people will she kill or has she killed so far? I remember her getting at least two headshots last Olympics.

Some serious bouncing going on

She is so fit.

Is she a well known star in Holland?

Hockey girls are best girls tbqh.

Still 0-0?

2 - 0, you blacks are losing

If it's headshots you want, go watch Maartje Paumen's penalty corners, she isn't much to look at, but she pats buckets of pace behind those shots
She is I think, but I kind of live in a hockey world
2-0 for Brittania

Eva de Goede (left) has a better body desu

You play mate? Any good?

Who /femargie/ here

las gatitas on pooicide watch right now

Who are the top womens teams out there?

I know ours aren't.

Well England women did beat the Netherlands in the Euro hockey final, so anything can happen ayy.

what's up?

I do, right midfielder, and not a pro or anything like that, but I'm decent enough. (In the second team of the 7 men's teams)
See pic

B U R Z A C O
U
R
Z
A
C
O

Why isn't this ever on tv, and is it hard to learn/start playing?

but Hoog is clearly more fit

It's on BBC4 right now m8 dunno what you mean.

I meant throughout the year, not just once every 4 years

dat play tho

Gold basically confirmed

We don't care about this "sport" anyways

Yeah not sure it's on that much here on terrestrial television. They do show the Commonwealth Games hockey on BBC, so once every 2 years at least we get hockey.

I thought Argentina were supposed to be good at this sport considering they're pretty much the only ones who care about it

Your chikas are choking desu

wew lad

Just got here m8s
Have we gone over how great the bongs look in these skirts?

Apparently you do

That's Holland, we don't care

Hol' up now.

This like the falklands war all over

they're third worlders, they don't have the facilities and materials you guys have

We are #2 world wide but that doesn't mean we care about it

it's like Australia and union
they don't care but they're good at it anyway

Even their bras can't support them properly tbqh :^)

Lovely legs

We are best at polo and it's the most expensive sport to play
Your argument is stupid

Kek

>the British choke is on

Why are all these other countries even playing our sport?

3-0 confirmed for most dangerous lead

mission complete

nice goal btw

>Englel

>We are the best at polo

:^)