Trent Reznor

What Sup Forums thinks of this guy?

Nine Inch Nails has been my favorite band for some years now. I am listening to The Downward Spiral right now, having eargasms.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iWccbyICM_A
youtube.com/watch?v=cvyywDE67tY
youtube.com/watch?v=SgPG-JSAd9Q
youtube.com/watch?v=D5KlwGB9A5I
youtube.com/watch?v=1sUTVT7HzSg
youtube.com/watch?v=L47a_BAhp0c
youtube.com/watch?v=zGinP2u5wus
youtube.com/watch?v=okPJ7YgECWk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He is such a daddy

I wanna fuck like an animal. I wanna feel you from the inside.

le a million miles away man

the fragile > the downward spiral

expect the contrarians soon

correct

Wow, he also plays an important character in Harry Potter? What can Trent not do?

More songs doesn't mean better.

Hesitation Marks >>>>>>>>>>>>> The Fragile > All

Fucking normies.

reminder

Always knew Trent was one of us.

I used to like him when he was in Slam Bamboo. Look at how happy he was back then.
What happened to him, Sup Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=iWccbyICM_A

listening to further down the spiral :)
post pics of the power duo

Such an attention whore.

Guys, have you listened to the new record?
youtube.com/watch?v=cvyywDE67tY

It grows on me a little, been listening to some other tracks from it on spotify...some are pretty good.

youtube.com/watch?v=SgPG-JSAd9Q

Clinical depression, cocaine, alcohol,fame, stress, preassure, grandmother who raised him dying. Almost dying from heroine overdose when he confused it for cocaine, it did leave him dead for two minutes but was revived.

Branches/Bones - 8/10
Dear World - 9/10
She's Gone Away - 8/10
The Idea Of You - 8/10
Burning Bright - 9/10

NIN at its best since Post Fragile, coming from a guy who liked every nin album, says a lot.

I think he is copying himself and it sounds bad. Trent should move on, like he did from album to album. People complained about Hesitation Marks, but to me it was a sign of going forward and doing something new.

oi

Well i think it sounds good, but i'm not completely sold on it yet. Also this is the kind of album that you have to listen on some good amplifiers...my system is a little bit fucked at the moment so i can't really appreciate it fully

I don't think this is the case, I can't compare NTAE to anything he has done before, I can hear some samilliar stuff, but only pieces, overall the sound sounds pretty new, I can hear very small ammount of The Fragile in Burning Bright.

I see it as a combination of the past parts of The Fragile and Hesitation Marks with some thing brand new if that makes sense.

I liked Hesitation Marks too. I can't tell you if I like HM or the new EP more right now. Needs some time to sink in.

OP here.
NIN fans, what's your favorite song of all his work?
Mine is "Eraser".

youtube.com/watch?v=D5KlwGB9A5I

Also, what do you think of How To Destroy Angels?

youtube.com/watch?v=1sUTVT7HzSg

the streak of the first 4 songs on The Fragile is my favorite Trent thing

Without good headphones you probably miss out on a lot,

I always had very sensetive noise problem, probably another symptom of autism. I feel like I can hear a lot of sounds even without headphones. I can't have any sort of headphones on my ears for too long, my ears just start to hurt, I am really scared of damaging my hearing and since I am so sensetive to any sort of noise I don't know how much of headphones I can really take. I always listen to new tracks on headphones first and then I just can't do it anymore.

>NIN fans, what's your favorite song of all his work?

A tie between And All That Could Have Been, Reptile, While I'm Still Here, In This Twillight and The Great Below

>HTDA
I didn't get into it much, yet. I didn't get to hear entire albums, only singles like a pleb, but I think I really like it.

>chose a pop album
>calls other people normies

It's electronic and electronic rock.

the whole album has a pop music structure just like most of his works, plus unlike most of his works it has the simplest pop beats ever

Don't know much about Trent, but "Hurt" is better sung by Johnny Cash.

it's just edgy electropop

I wouldn't say, Cash's version is very monotone and he took out a lot of complex instrumental sounds from original, it is much more accesible, but the original's instrumentals convey the feeling of dread and self hatred very well. I don't really like how people throw out the original and see it as "just sad boy singing about being sad"

Still better than Marilyn Manson.

How is Hesitation Marks even edgy, apart from the implications of its name it's the least edgy NIN release since Ghosts.
Marilyn Manson became pure thrash

not better than Antichrist Superstar

lyrics are kinda edgy

That track listing it literally me.

It's still not as edgy as everything else that came before it. Only two f-bombs too. There ain't Big Man With A Gun or Heresy.

Hesitation Marks track rating
The Eater Of Dreams - 7/10, decent opening
Copy Of A - 9/10
Came Back Haunted - 8/10
Find My Way - 7/10
All Time Low - 9/10
Disappointed - 8/10
Everything - 8/10
Satellite - 6/10
Various Methods Of Escape - 9/10
Running - 7/10
In Two - 9/10
While I'm Still Here/Black Noise - 9/10

lol Trent Razor, cuz he should shave haha get it?

And also Trent should wear this jacket more, he looks fucking great in it

youtube.com/watch?v=L47a_BAhp0c

>Everything
>most poppish gay Melanie Martinez tier song
>8/10
Maybe you switched the rating with Satellite?

It's intentionally happy only for the two choruses to show that nothing is actually all that all right and that the situation is still pretty bad and that the dread never realy left and still lurks within. It's the poppiest and also the most intense track on Hesitation Marks. It's false optimism.

overrated but sort of okay

Shame on us, doomed from the start
May God have mercy on our dirty little hearts
Shame on us for all we have done
And all we ever were. Just zeroes and ones

>he only paid attention to the first 30 seconds of the song

Long haired and shaved, he's Snape

Long haired and goatee he's Sirius Black

This was around the time he got into crack cocaine.

Sanctified was a love song about his crack pipe. Now it's about another crack he loves.

Saying that in the kindest way btw

Power trio

Wait, is he dating a thai ladyboy?

>But this thing that lives inside of me
>The sound that rocks awake, awake, awake, awake, break
>And if he depletes what's owed to me
>And he comes to grab and take and take and take

such poppy lyrics!

Wrong lyrics it's actually even darker.

But this thing that lives inside of me
Will surely rise and wake
And his seed that bleeds right through to me
As it comes to grab and take

knock off xiu xiu

Oops, my bad, seriously shitty lyric sites out there.

That's fine, it tends to happen a lot to NIN lyrics to be posted wrong, ninwiki is always legit with lyrics.

I remember reading a review of Hesitation Marks where the reviewer got the lyrics to Everything wrong and heard "I will never bend or break" and thought the chorus was positive too.

Everyone goes on about how TDS is horrifyingly dark and depressing. Hesitiation Marks is by far a more grim album, but because it sounds upbeat it must be an upbeat album.

Dissappointed? Copy of a? While I'm Still Here?... At one point, Trent Reznor, who wrote fucking HERESY is literally begging God for help.

THIS

100% true.

It's really depressing.

That time Reznor met Jabba the Robert Smith in 1996

>"Every city in America has at least one Gothic club. In New Orleans, it's the Blue Crystal. When a band like the Cure is in town, the Blue Crystal throws a party after the show. The club called Reznor, the closest thing they have to a local dignitary, to invite him to the Cure after-show party. Further conversation revealed that the only way the Cure would show is if Reznor is there, too. You can't hear it anywhere in Nine Inch Nails, but Reznor is a Cure fan from way back. He considers the Cure's The Head On The Door" one of the best records ever." His favorite description of himself: "Robert Smith with a head cold."

>"I end up going to the club, and surprisingly, everyone from the Cure is there. And the bartender calls me over and says, 'Robert really wants to talk to you.'" Reznor smiles, makes a face that says: You mean I have to meet one of my teen idols in a goth club in Louisiana? Now? In front of all these people?

>"It ends up," Reznor says, "me and him, hugging on the dance floor. He's like, 'I love you, dude,' and I'm like, 'I love you too, man.'" The Cure fans formed a loose circle around the pair while New Order's "Blue Monday" pumped out of the speakers. "It was the greatest scene," Reznor says. "We were both fairly incoherent," he feels compelled to add.

It's a sequel to The Downward Spiral, even the artwork hints at this. The protagonist survived his suicide attempt only to be haunted by it and puzzled by who he is at this point after the events of TDS. He comes back to drugs in All Time Low and voice comes back. Disappointed is a response to those who thought he changed and moved away from that.

Everything is him trying to fight the voice with false optiminism only for that illusion to fall apart.

As for the line "I am home" at the end, listen to "Home" from With Teeth to realize what "Home" is to Trent Reznor, it is his depression.

Running is the protagonist just trying to run away from his problems, failing. "I had a friend who I think knew me, coldn't seem to make him stay" may reference Hurt.

While I'm Still here sounds like a suicide note, Black Noise is death, now, is it me or does Branches/Bones kinda start out like Black Noise? I swear to god you can hear Black Noise at the beginning. Specifically the first 7 seconds, that weather like noise. Possible?

Great analysis, makes me appreciate Trent even more.

nin has the deepest lore

There was an interview with Reznor talking about the release of Hesitation Marks. He said he got nostalgic for the guy who wrote The Downward Spiral for a while, and then got horrified he was idealizing who he was in 1993-4, and then started writing the album as a response or something.

Few more stuff I noticed

The Eater Of Dreams is very samiliar to the line from Mr. Self Destruct "I am the end of all your dreams"

Find My Way references "I Do Not Want This"

"I want to know everything
I want to be everywhere
I want to fuck everyone in the world
I want to do something that matters"

" I have been to every place
I have been to everywhere
I'm just trying to find my way
Oh dear Lord hear my prayer"

The artwork, obviously referencing TDS, going so far to use the same font.

All Time Low references 10 Miles High's different/alternative title "Everything is not OK" by literally using it as lyrics for All Time Low.

I think it's funny that that incident happened in Camden, NJ.

>that time when you turn 50 and a bunch of hacks try to talk about your music and Al is still busting your balls like you're still a kid and he's the master.

youtube.com/watch?v=zGinP2u5wus

It's literally called Hesitation Marks, the name comes from the term "hesitation wounds" a term used when an invidiual is testing out a blade and leaves out marks on his body before he commits suicide.

>tfw /an/ loves Reznor.

Also tha big red line on the various covers is obviously the hesitation wound.

Same way there is a gunshot with blood going down from it on TDS cover (Protagonist kills himself by a gun to his head) and a waterfall on The Fragile. (His important some one commits suicide by drowning in water in La Mer)

They're bullshitting so much. Look how vague it's everything that they say ("I'm such a fan", "he is a genius", "he is so inspiring", "revolutionary band", "created a sound too"). Some even seem to have only heard 3 songs or something. Corey Taylor says "whole album" like Broken is an LP.

I think they are too much focused on their on stuff to care about some random celebrity musician.

They also make jokes so they don't have anything real to say.

>own
Fix'd

I like the fact that Trent would never bullshit about some one like they do here, few years ago he'd be raging out on Twitter, which didn't do him so good, so now he doesn't say much, probably because he doesn't have much of nice things to say.

Bump.

Oh man, I had no idea his doggo died like that. RIP

This is still my favorite track from Deviations 1.

youtube.com/watch?v=okPJ7YgECWk

>trent resner has been doing well lately

hell be fine

huh, well having 4 kids kinda kills you 2bh pham

Pls no

Brian please stop posting.

>i'm getting closer
>i'm getting closer
>i'm getting closer all the time

>oh wow so did my dishwasher

>tfw i was in that thread

>TEAR IT ALL DOWN
>TEAR IT ALL DOWN
>TEAR IT ALL DOWN

Marilyn Manson pre 2001 is all better than nine inch nails discography tho

I don't get it they sound nothing alike

Marilyn was all about style and shock while making some good music, some. but Trent's work always had much more substance to it.

>Marilyn Manson pre 2001 is all better than nine inch nails discography tho

Promoted, produced and arranged by Trent Reznor... not to mention signed to Reznor's record label.

Exactly.

They both have a gravely sound at those times, but that is it.

Not anywhere near close enough to be confident it is him.

(which it isn't)

Who cares what any music reviewing hack thinks?

Oh right, you have shilled yourself here for the last half decade... hi dickface faggotano

She turned plastic, and he got married, but there was a time where it seemed likely that by 2017, they would have little musical prodigy children running around.

Thanks Courtney Love.

dude he posted on Sup Forums too. No one could fake looks

Glad Trent got rid of his goofy ass sideburns and got a fade/hitler youth haircut as of late.

That was proven fake, that picture of Trent is from interview he did on shitty camera or something.

head canon The Great Below is dedicated to her.

If I recall correctly, it was from 2008/2009. The interviewer is an user from ETS called Leviathan.

>tfw trent was my role model when I was 15
>tfw I grew my hair out the same way and dyed it black
>tfw always wore a leather jacket and clothes like Trent

wew

>mfw I discovered Trent pretty late
>Even before that I literally looked like Trent, with my hair and the style of clothing, luckilly ma hair were naturally black I always loved black, I still do.

When people see me they compare me to Snape.