Albums you thought were good when you were younger and still sound good now

Albums you thought were good when you were younger and still sound good now.

>Toxicity
>Not Mezmerize
Nice try though

Toxicity is decent, but the first album is better.

Yes, Toxicity is a great album.

no shame

man I was going to post this lol

His voice is nice okay.

Objectively best NWOBHM album ever made.

"I'm with you" is a classic!

Still listen to this often desu

I listened to that record daily when I was a teen but was too poor to buy their other records
once I listened to the rest of their discography I realized their first album is the actual GOAT

Fuck yes. this and Avril Lavigne

Are you talking about Nirvana? In Utero/Unplugged is what Kurt really wanted.
But Bleach was good.

Or if you're talking about System of a Down, their first album was the best. Followed by Toxicity, then Mesmerize, then Steal This Album, then Hypnotize.

>In Utero/Unplugged is what Kurt really wanted.
Not really

Compared to Nevermind.

Not really.

Will you extrapolate?

Nevermind was the album that Kurt wanted to make, and after hearing the final master, he was proud of it.

He changed his mind *after* it became super popular, claiming it was too slick. In essence, it was the popularity of the album he didn't like, not the album itself.

Likewise for In Utero-- they wanted to make a rough-sounding album. When Albini gave them exactly that, they changed their mind and wanted it a but more pop. Essentially, the only reason they wanted it rough sounding was in response to the popularity of Nevermind. They didn't actually want a rough sounding album.

what do you base any of this off of?

Interviews with the band members and producers of the album

Hell yeah

After IM's s/t, sure.

Actually I still enjoy most of their catalog, shame the lead singer is kind of a cunt.