Albums you've only just found about and can't stop listening to

Critically acclaimed, classics, albums you slept on this year, etc.
"What rock have I been living under?" albums for you.

Pic very related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9y7m2vpDkH8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

not that I haven't known about it, but I never really got around listening to it until as of late

I have listened to "Transatlanticism" before 2016 maybe a couple of times and for me it was just another mellow indie rock album. I was in a deep emotional crisis during a big part of 2016 and I found "Transatlanticism" again. It became my most played album of the year. Also listened the shit out of "The Photo Album" and "Plans".

>tfw you will never be able to get into Dylan for the first time again
I envy you, got over 13000 plays of him and I always wish those experiences could all be new and fresh again, I try to find stuff of his I haven't listened to as much that I enjoy to keep things new

Just found them and they are f*cking amazing
youtube.com/watch?v=9y7m2vpDkH8

Listen to You Fail Me.

Thought it was just generic early-00s alt-rock. Pleasantly surprised

found out this one over the course of 2016, it makes a perfect complement of Entroducing

unwound's discography. goddamn

Not necessarily can't stop listening to but some recently "discovered" gems that I should have listened to a long time ago for me:

>Grant Lee Buffalo - Fuzzy
Never actually seen this one mentioned on this board but it is very acclaimed by critics and I'm ashamed I'd never even given it a chance until recently
>Lou Reed & Metallica - Lulu
Best album of the decade, to be fair, I did put it off for good reason as I was listening to Lou Reed's discography chronologically, so I guess what I put off for too long were a lot of his albums that were reviewed poorly but turned out were often quite great like The Raven
>Sugar - Beaster
Put off because that first album was so awful, I began to hate everything post-Husker Du, but this release is definitely in my top five releases by any projects of the band and its members
>The Kinks - Muswell Hillbillies
It's a pity their albums can be so hit or miss, I got so disappointed with some of their weaker late 60's albums, I slept on this one too long
>Paul McCartney - Ram
Definitely in my Top 5 Beatles solo albums, and I don't like most of their stuff, no idea why I never listened to it sooner

>Never once gave shoegaze OR atmospheric black metal/black metal of any derivative a chance
>Listen to this once
>Now all I've been listening to is shoegaze and atmospheric black metal

don't worry a yr from now you'll realize sunbather is meh

I bet you made some bitter posts about it in multiple threads

superior blackgaze album

OP here, this is another big one for me in 2016

def gonna check this out

wrong opinion

ill admit this is one ive known about and have still slept on.

I usually listen to it when I'm going to school

This shit has made me rethink pop punk/ska punk in general. Fucking fantastic.

it's so good and hypnotizing

it's the best album

This band is incredible

Listen to their debut and Scrambles if you haven't already, it gets better IMO

I've been meaning to listen to these for awhile..

For me:

World Party - Goodbye Jumbo
Real Estate - Days
FKA Twigs - LP1
Terry Collier - The Color of Love
Robbie Basho - Venus in Cancer
The The - Soul Mining
Slowdive - Souvlaki (really clicked with this one this past year, I think "Real Estate - Days" has a very similar feel of atmosphere and subtle magical tone lapping

Decided to give it a shot figuring I'd get memed on yet again but it is indeed a top notch pop album

But user Ruines Humaines is the superior EP to the LP

If you end up enjoying this, the guy's main project is Alcest

I remember listening to it once a long time ago and dismissing it but I recently started listening to Talking Heads again and goddamn every single song on Speaking In Tongues is amazing and catchy as fuck

first four black sabbath albums have been blowing my fucking mind recently, never appreciated them much before. what a band.

this blew my fucking mind when i listened to it over the summer

truuuuuu

love this album, it's my log in image for my laptop

This guy.

As strange as it is thinking back this album actually got me to appreciate black metal.