listened to this a few times
and uh
maybe it isn't shoegaze

Dis one so good

Name?

I liked Come Over To The Deepend more desu but this is solid too

Thought Forms - Songs About Drowning
kind of a dreamy psych rock album

I bought all the Candy Claws rarities and one-offs I could find and uploaded them.

Tracks:
>Alp Shades
>Alp Sway Snow Team
>Do You Ever Feel That Way? (Starflyer 59 cover)
>Everything Everywhere (as Magnificent Space Whales Forever)
>Five Hands Of The Ice Queen
>Leaellynasaura (alternate mix of Birth of the Flower)
>Pony Rides (alternate mix of Lantern Fish)
>Snow Face
>Solar Mirror Anthology Vol. 6 (as Sound of Ceres)
>Solar Shaded (Dreams of Austria)
>Verana Summers

Links:
a.pomf.cat/oyneyf.zip
files.catbox.moe/7vod6q.zip

ur a saint pal

ok.

soundcloud.com/the-sole-crook wgy

Good man, will listen to later.

Love this album. It shows that you can have good non-Black Metalgaze.

you the man!

>burn Souvlaki on a disc so I can listen to it when driving
>accidentally burn the deluxe version
>oh well whatever those songs are good too
>finishing Country Rain, had to turn volume up to hear anything
>Alison starts again after it killing my ears with the guitars

WHY FUCK

i mean there's this too
kind of an obvious example

it's supposed to be that loud

thanks user

Album arranging question, how many tracks in a row can you go without a recognizable lyrical verse? I know vocals are far from the focus in the genre but they're still fairly omnipresent so it seems like a question worth asking. I'm about to do three (first has really weird distorted vocals low in the mix, second has wordless "la da"s until one bit at the end and third is instrumental) all clustered near the end of an album, is that veering too far into quasi-instrumental territory or does it literally not even matter? Every other song has vocals that aren't prominent but are still clearly traditional vocals, worried about ending up with a jarring sequence that ruins the flow.

And yes, I know instrumental shoegaze exists but obviously we're talking about an album that isn't trying to be that.

Anything else in the last 2 weeks besides Tangible Rays? Are people still riding high from this or is it already old hat? I think I'm just on my 3rd listen and it's really got its claws in me.

Are these the last three songs? Because if they are it could be cool for them to progressively have less and less vocals ending with an instrumental. Would be a nice way to finish the album. If there's more songs after these three we're going to need a bit more information.

come over to the deepend and newave are superior

No, there's still going to be one more song which is more in the style of the rest of the album with clear verses, choruses and the like. The songs are somewhat long as well so it's only going to be an eight track album, meaning 1-4 have clear vocals, 5-7 don't and then 8 does again. That's my main concern, it's quite a large chunk to veer off in that direction but then again this is shoegaze so it also might not be as noticeable as other rock genres.

I'm working on track six now so considering the possibility of forcing in lyrics, just looking for additional opinions from people who have obviously listened to shitloads of shoegaze albums to see if it will even be an issue.

I don't think it would. If the instrumental comes right before the last track just make sure that closer is a banger or the lyrics pull some heart strings. It's not that big of an issue, just what I think would give the best arch according to the information I have.
It seems like you're pretty much set though so do what you think feels right and if you don't want lyrics don't force them.

post good 2017 shoegaze

Thanks, I'll just stay the course and worst case scenario can always come back to redo this song if something seems off in the end. Alternatively if it fails I'll just blame "that one user" for everything.

there is like one 2017 shoegaze album

and I posted it :^)

(Its actually above average tho)

Do it. I'll take the bullet.

Here's something cool I found on my college radio station.
Downtempo with really dreamy slide guitars and female vocals. Hadn't heard of them before but the're excellent.
Other material isn't as dreamy but this is a great song if you like dreamy beat-driven stuff.
youtube.com/watch?v=UISrcSs3UwE

Yeah I just downloaded that and Grow House, felt like I should listen to that one first before Seance, cause I've been putting off listening to it since Grow House was a self-titled.

Is there any vocaloidgaze that isn't autistic high-energy weeb shit? Loved the Re;mo album and want more like it

never actually listened to Grow House but I really liked Seance

I am also looking for anything like Nanairo, that's honestly one of my favorite albums ever.

Newave is C O R N Y

So apparently at $10, an artist needs to sell 148 albums a month to make minimum wage.

That makes me feel pretty shitty, considering some of my favorite BC artists have less than 20 total sales on their albums.

On bandcamp I mean.

Did you think that would get them minimum wage before???

Of course not, learning the actual number just made me sad because they're so short of it.

Makes me want to spend more money on BC artists but I'm broke af

I usually buy BC albums when it puts up that message guilting you for listening to it for free

melrosee.bandcamp.com/album/melrose

>Slowcore, shoegaze, recorded on handheld cassette

this some good shit

It's good, but is it really shoegaze?

I wish slide guitars were utilized in more genres than just country. They sound so dreamy and comfy and kinda wistful. Could prolly make some top tier dream pop

Can you use the word "dreamy" a little more please

Song is nice though

Check out Drape: draapemusic.bandcamp.com/

They use slide guitars sometimes

Also looking for some psych-gaze similar to pic

Love this.
Can someone recommend me something similar?

Btw, is it yours?
Congrats, dude, makes me feel feels

love this

Why did slowcore get roped in with the shoegaze/dream pop crowd

because slowcore tends to have dream pop vibes.

RHP and Low both have dream pop vibes.

cause of galaxy 500 probably

that's awesome

I just discovered Ambersmoke last week, totally underrated band

I've loved this since I first listened to it desu. Very Duster-esque.

It really is. I would have posted it if you hadn't

Samefagging this hard

Shameflagging this hard

Kill yourself I liked it

Is that the new strokes record?

Spoilers: If that's the case there's a decent chance they haven't even offset the cost of their gear yet. Don't feel too bad though, they probably work a day job and are just making music primarily because it's enjoyable to do.

why dont you stop being a hipster and include a name

Why don't you stop being an imbecile and reverse search or check the archives
It's been posted in every /shugazi/ for the last 4 threads

You know you could have told him in less words than it took to type that

Seance by Tangible Rays

Thank you man
You're a savior

>Any other answer

Man these are always the nicest/most positive threads consistently. I don't listen to enough shoegaze as I should but I always enjoy checking these out

Yeah, these threads are pretty comfy. Must be something in the water.

I can't into this album. The distortion on many tracks is just too harsh on the ears, so much so that I have to turn down the volume. The tracks where there isn't a shit ton of screeching high frequency distortion are fine though.

I wish I loved FSA too. The first track is so awesome but none of the others caught my interest.

That's crazy to me, cause when I first gave it a listen, the main appeal for me was it's noisiness. And how meditative it was while being noisy.

You guys might wanna take a listen to his most recent album. It's all instrumental guitar ambient, and there's only one noisy track, it's very smooth and very moody and doesn't have any of the lofi hissing noisiness of the early stuff.

tons of slowcore bands dabble in dream pop, space rock, noise rock, showgaze, etc...

also because of the melancholic vibe of the music.

it makes sense i guess.

To me shoegaze fits the term psychedelic far better than the music labelled under that term.

diggin this

youtube.com/watch?v=UHnXRtIYpkE

I agree

post music to shoot H to

tbf the album doesnt show up after a reverse image search

Recommend me /shugazi/ that knows how to use silence.

Pretty interesting. Not sure I'd listen to it twice but it was enjoyable.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hul0CXxEWQ8

nice trip hoppy vibe

hey guys, what's some good dream pop/shoegaze stuff from 2016?

/shugazi/ is the official get general

Kinoko Teikoku is best japgaze

People love this one but totally sleep on Innocence, which has become one of my all-time favorites over the years. The harsh textures are much more varied (Summer In My Veins sounds like the same song for 25 minutes) and you have a techno influence with some quiet sections to build atmosphere and offset the noise parts.

bump

I love a few tracks but I honestly don't know about the rest. I like this better

Oh my god when the high tremolo picked riff comes in near the end of 40 days, it's one of the biggest false starts of all time. I can't BELIEVE they cut off the song right when it sounds like it will climax. It fades out before the riff goes for even 4 bars.

Why

My fav shoegazi album alongside with "A place to bury strangers z a place to bury strangers"

youtu.be/iAoSynsXq9c

would you define this as shoegaze/dreampop?

So is this guy just some /shugazi/ poster who shared his shit here?

Music is great though.

yeah

I was never into intense noisiness a while ago either. After I listened to Psychocandy a couple of times, though, it really grew on me. I initially hated that too. You just have to get used to the noisiness.

These really are the comfiest threads on Sup Forums
Also really enjoying that melrose tape, thanks for posting

I don't know if he shared it here, I just found it on RYM and liked it a lot.

Hey can anybody share this album with me?

It was hard to find.

Middle aged britbong here. I was part of the early 90s shoegazing scene, knew a lot of the bands etc. There were only a handful of them - Ride, Chaperhouse, Curve, Slowdive and a couple of others. My Bloody Valentine were the godfathers of the scene, and when they came out with Loveless in '92 everybody just said 'fuck it, we can't beat that' and the scene pretty much died. I remember being at the Creation offices when the album was first played, it just blew everyone away. Then Nirvana and grunge came along and that was that. Feels weird that a new generation is getting into it now.

I looked at his facebook page and he has two posts about Sup Forums.

Spoonfeeding because /shugazi/ is love

mega.nz/#!rs8l0aoJ!5UU9e8Q4kXTIYzoDwlyDCDTcsenukDMf9JAJm36KZIs

Most popular albums are on the archive, if u are looking for any other album

then he probably posted it here before haha. I posted it in this thread though.

>artist is open about thier time spent on Sup Forums
Cringe