Why Brazil is so shit tier on Olympics ?

Why Brazil is so shit tier on Olympics ?

All the able men died while building the stadiums.

we are not if you look at mexico, argentina, colombia, and not at britain, USA, China

Brazil has a gold medal, so it can't be that bad.

Footy gold is ours la

They are beating my home country, Canada ;_;
Why is Canada so bad? I thought we were good..

Everyone says we rely too much on emotions, maybe this is true.

Winter Olympics la

look at the stadiums, they are half-empty. why? because brazilians don't care about olympic sports. so there you have it.

no money from sponsors/government

Poverty

ur teh h0st tho lyl

That's because the average Brazilian can't afford the tickets

Argentine matches look like we were playing at home, the crowd is full of argies

>average brazillian can't afford tickets

>average argentinian can afford ticket+trip

this logic doesn't make sense my man

We're not that bad compared to other LatAm nations (inb4 per capita memes). That said, we do underperform. I'd say:

>too much emphasis on football
>corrupt politicians and federations
>poverty
>BR people aren't good at handling psychological stress, thus we are prone to choking

Are you unironically suggesting Argentina isn't richer than Brazil?

>average argentinian can afford ticket+trip
That's because both of those aren't paid all at once.

We pay monthly bills on our credit cards for those. The full price of them are split into monthly bills.

no, we actually don't give a fuck

> the crowd is full of argies
in argentina games where argentina has a little bit of tradition

Nah, even shit like handball, hockey or volleyball are full of argies

There are more foreign fans in football matches, actually

i am suggesting that the average is not that different, maybe 200-300 dollars, to justify average argies being able to spend more on the trib, hotels, and the ticket itself, than to the average brazillian just spending his money on a ticket

Kek'd

See I haven't seen anything like this in Brazilian games

I actually beleive there are mroe argies than hues in the olympics

we fill stadiums when we are playing, that's not what is being discussed. If we or you cared about Olympic sports we'd fill shit like Lithuania vs. Spain in basketball, but that's never gonna happen, we don't care about it, not even watching on TV.

because argies care more than brazillians, dude are you this dumb or you are just pretending?

See That looks pretty full and it's a groups stage match against Croatia

Are you really saying there aren't 20k Brazilians who watch basketball? Stop pretending

It isn't a 100k stadium, baskteball courts are small and you don't complete them. Don't tell you don't have the people for it becaue that'd be false. Just accept you can't afford the tickets

it's Argentina vs. Croatia. Not some random team vs. some other random team. Read again

You are saying you don't give a fuck about basketball which is objectively false

We don't care that much about this sport and still fill the stadiums, while Brazilians can't do it at home

You have no excuses

This is your brainho
This is your brainho on Olympics

>w-we don't care

Americans get ridiculed for saying this about sawker.

Disclaimer: not him.

Depends on the event.

A ticket for the olympics can cost as low as R$30 for football or R$100 for athletics.

The World Cup tickets, on average, were way more expensive (way above R$100 on the average).

Every game of the WC was packed, even in poorer cities.

Therefore, I don't think the problem is the price.

damn you're a dumbfuck

the stadium gets filled when Brazil plays, because we like Brazil not because we like basketball. If we cared about basketball we'd fill Australia vs. Serbia, which would be a higher quality match at similar price.

>Every game of the WC was packed
Yes, by foreign fans

>the stadium gets filled when Brazil plays
lolno

the world cup was way expensive and even shit like bosnia x iran was mildly full, keep in mind this happened in a poorer city than Rio

No one is denying Brazilians care about football lol

These tickets were probably the cheapest ones of the cup btw

90% of the foreigners in the WC were sudacas. Are you seriously implying that the average Colombian or Ecuatorian has the money for a 2000 km plane round trip + hotel + ticket, while the Brazilian can't spend R$200?

Also even the meme games, such as Iran - Bosnia were full. Surely 40K iranians and bosnians travelled here XD

I love the Olympics. Its a chance to show the world just how much better we are than them.

Dude. Some years ago, China used to be shit tier, now , since 2008 Beijing Olympics , they are pretty good. And Murrika, we'll, Murrika is superpower. I hope one day we can reach you.

Brazil isn't a country of many sports and unlike China, USA, London etc, our government is so fucking shit that they don't even bother with sports investments. Though when you have a educational/health/security system as bad as ours, sports are the last thing to be worried about.

Though it's pretty sad. We definitely have a lot of potential.

85% of the tickets have been sold

Sad

Let's watch Brasil vs Argentina in rugby now

Let's see which NT has more fans lol

tn the world cup, Fonte Nova(salvador) had 5 matches, which most of them were groupstage, The average attendance was 50k.

in the same stadium, during the olympics, for the Mexico x Germany(male) match, the attendance was 16k, with a ticket going for 20 reais(95 arg pesos)
In comparison the Nigeria x Bosnia, the lowest attendance of the world cup(40k) had the tickets going for 60 Reais

Most people here don't even know what is rugby argiebro.

government doesn't put a single dollar in surfing and >we have been great at it
Also the American government doesn't invest in pro/olympic sports, only in physical education in school, the base is set and rest is accomplished by private colleges and sponsors.

99% of Brazilians have no idea rugby exists, let alone know its rules.

I find it quite enjoyable myself, but low attendance would be no surprise

Oh, damage control again

We won't face you in football becuase you losers won't even make it out of the groups stage

I want the olympics to end already. I don't care about any of this, just want to lead a normal life in my hut.

Not him, but that's the point. Low attendance is mostly due to lack of interest/more interesting shit going on at the same time.

of course not, goy
by the way don't forget to pass by the supermarket and buy the monthly quota of supplements otherwise you will starve again :(

how's the per capita income doing?? :^)

just watch Brazil 3 x 0 Argentina in volley, and answer who had more fans

this. I'm fucking tired of the crowded streets already. There's always a fuckton of people being corralled like cattle. Worse thing is that it's been like that since the WC. I just hope that after this we can go back at being irrelevant again. Else I'm moving to somewhere else that isn't a complete hellhole, like Curitiba or Rio Grande do Sul.

This is fault of PT.
FORA DILMA
FORA LULA

have fun trying to stand how annoying everyone from the south is

Thanks la but we're going to do shit this year

I'm completely ignorant regarding surfing, so I'm sorry if my logic is retarded, but surfing isn't really a sport that needs investment considering ou vast coastal. Unlike shit like golf, rugby etc that requires proper buildings.

Why Brazil is so tsundere?

Because we're worst girl.

>britain

because you're miles behind civilised countries in terms of youth development and infrastructure

also no Street shitting or Tourist mugging events in the olympics this year

Why is your german flag all messed up?

You're the 5th most populous country in the world. Why wouldn't you compare yourselves to USA and China?

Yeah that's one of the reasons, but general lack of interest also takes part in it.

Football monopoly

Indonesia is the 4th and India is the second. Population doesn't mean shit when you don't have the money.

Is there anything Brazil isnt shit?

Our nature is pretty cool la

Thats because we were not involved in its creation, and we are doing a shit job preserving it

Weather.

There are no natural disasters (hurricanes, tornados, earthquakes...)

>Brazil being shit

Because they're busy fucking each other at the Olympic village.

>Fucking causes them to become docile and uncompetitive

Our music is genuinely patrician good. I'm more of a /classical/ myself but I would take some bossa nova/mpb/chorinho and even batucada any day.

Even our national anthem is GOAT. Sounds like something Verdi or Rossini would compose.

>31-0
topbrigado

That's not entirely true, we can have residual earthquake from nearby tectonic plates or geographical failures. Also, pretty sure there was something resembling a tornado or hurricane in southern Brazil.

>bragging about nature

That's like people in Southern Brazil bragging about their weather. 3rd world mentality.

What did he mean by this?