College Dropout or Late Registration

Hello, Sup Forums friends.
It's been discussed a lot today on some other threads so I'm curious.

Which of Kanye's first 2 albums do you prefer more?

strawpoll.me/12037049

The year is 2128. After decades of wars, it seems like the Late Registration is better-ians won the war unfortunately. The masses are blind and stupid, and they can't decide right from wrong. But every thinker and intellectual agrees: The college dropout is a better album. Kanye died 38 years ago but his legacy still remains. Kanye would say that the College Dropout is the better and he's right. But the masses are ignorant. The Colkege Dropout is better-ians (short: CDians) are forced to go to exile in the faeroe islands, their last stronghold. But unknowing to the LRians, they have the smartes professor in the world. Prof. Col. Ledge Dropout. He developes a super weapon that will convert every last LRian into a CDian. And he succeeded and everyone lived happily after. The good always wins at the end. The end.

CD is about 20 minutes too long, should've cut the skits

LR it is

...Sooo....You voted for LR, right?
Good choice!

No I'm a proud College dropout warrior.

Oh...

cd because its fresh n 00s-sounding the production on lr is too reminiscent of 90s hiphop for me to like it much. it needed more tracks like celebration n we can make it better.

>the production on lr is too reminiscent of 90s hiphop for me to like it much
That should make you like it more...

i don't really connect too much with old school hip hop, everything sounds too similar to me and it relies a lot on lyricism which i don't grasp unless i sit and read the lyrics which i'm probably not gonna do. kanye was my entry to hiphop with cd so i really appreciated hearing something so different.

i do like some 90s hip hop to some extent, just not more than plain "liking" it, while i "really like" cd.

Fair enough. Though I wouldn't say LR relies as much on lyricism.

(All but 808s was a beats-focused album and 808s was trash)

The College Dropout has
>Jesus Walks
>Through The Wire
>Family Business
>All Falls Down
>Two Words
>Spaceship
>We Don't Care
>the best skits on any hip-hop album

>Complimenting skits

...Damn...

But anyway, LR has
>Heard Em Say
>Touch the Sky
>Diamonds from Sierra Leonne
>Gold Digger
>We Major
>Crack Music
>Gone
>Late
>Those beautiful string sections.

oh definitely, it's just the beats in particular that bored me sometimes. i actually like lyricism (as an aspect of music), and like kanyes lyiricism precisely because i can understand what he says straight away (i'm not a native english speaker so this is a problem with most hiphop)

>it's just the beats in particular that bored me sometimes
>beats on lr
>boring

>>We Major
>>Crack Music
>examples of good songs
am I being memed?
also, yes, the skits are fun and add to the album
regardless, you have to agree that the skits on LR are forced and boring except for "WAKE UP MR. WEST"

ALL of his skits are garbage, man. Both albums would be better without them.

And what the hell are you doing sleeping on We Major? That brass section was great.

Everyone who votes for Late Registration is just fucking wrong.

Fuck, I missed the chance to get 6666.

Hello fellow CDian. Glad that you're on the right side of history.

Brother are you really telling me LR has worse beats than CD?

That's exactly what I'm saying.

Show me your favorite beat on CD and I'll show you mine on LR.

But user, Crack Music is good a song and also the Game's best hook

you know what this is
it's a celebration bitches!!
grab a drink grab a glass
after that i bleach yo ass