ITT: Bands that peaked after the first album

DeVo

Do you mean on their first album? QANMAWAD is definitely their best record.

they also got progressively worse throughout their career.
the only album that breaks this is Oh No! It's DEVO, but each one is worse than the last, and oh no is still worse than their first and second album

Deathstars. I liked them in highschool and re-listened to them recently, their first album is brilliant, the second is okay and everything since is worthless.

ONID is pretty good, it lost the morality/message of earlier albums but it was good synth music. everything after is shit

blump

I like all their albums up until and including ONID

Their reunion album is definitely better than their 3 pre-breakup albums though

How exactly did they peak after their first album? Their second album was great too, but after that they started making synthpop.

Freedom of Choice was their last truly good album. Everything after that was more dependent on singles that are more flatteringly placed on compilations than fillerific studio albums.

i can understand why no one likes them but i actually like Smooth Noodle Maps and Shout
they're just dumb cheesy synth pop albums, i dont see why ppl say theyre outright bad instead of just boring

D

E

V

V

V

O

D

Fucking love this record though

I listened to Post post modern man and I just dont like it. feels too generic

I like the lyrics and video, but yeah that whole album feels too hokey even if its ironic
Somewhat agree, although I prefer New Traditionalists to Freedom of Choice which came the year before. Oh No! and Are We Not Men? are definitely their best though

What are your top tracks for Noodle maps and shout?

and total devo

I honestly never payed much attention to any of them and haven't listened to them in years. The only song I come back to is Jimmy because I find it funny

Not that user, but since I like Shout too my top tracks are the title track, C'mon, Here to Go, Puppet Boy, and their cover of Are You Experienced?
The 4th Dimension is pretty good too, just not as good.
Fuck Smooth Noodle Maps and Total DEVO though, those are just trash lmao