Mac DeMarco

Why so much hate for this guy?

Because he reminds me of you

le goofy jangle poop cigarette man o_O

Becuase he makes "weird" music for little girls to get stoked and make shrill noises

He didn't spend his 20th birthday in his bed staring at a wall while crying occasionally.

Explains why

What's his obsession with cigs? It's like something some edgy 12 year old chav would think is cool. He must reek like shit

His fanbase

That's what I thought, but is that a real reason to hate the artist?

because he got fat

no

The man enjoys his cigarettes

He's alright

we dont hate his music we hate the dudebro teenage fans who try to look and act like him

also he needs to change up his sound a bit

Because he looks like Benoit

guess you're not cool enough

his music is alright but his persona and fans are insufferabe

>DUDE CIGARETTES LMAO

when its a fanbase like mac then yeah

his music is generic and overly trendy anyway

lol

>overly trendy
what does that even mean
He's chill, why the vapid hatred, yea his fanbase is annoying but who gives a shit, don't read the comments to his videos.

He's a musical genius and saving rock n roll. Sup Forums hates him because he's a cis white man with a guitar and that's not cool and progressive enough for them.

when you stop listening to music with image in mind youll understand

dude he's chill bro lmao kill yourself you fucking faggot

R.I.P Benoit

>He's chill, why the vapid hatred, yea his fanbase is annoying but who gives a shit, don't read the comments to his videos.

dad hats, dressing poor on purpose and his music hasn't been good since salad days but peoples excuses for that are "mac is cool who cares"

Dude vhs tapes lmao

Damn i hope cancer don't get him, anybody knows how much cigars he smoke daily?

Seeing what Mac looks like gives me strength to not buy a pack of smokes when I'm feeling like I need one.

>dad hats
it's just a fucking baseball cap. why are you triggered by people wearing baseball caps? lmao get a life bro

>dressing poor on purpose
who the fuck cares. if it looks good it looks good. should he and his fans spend $100000 on designer rick owens gay shit? what kind of criticism is this?

>music hasn't been good
in your opinion
salad days and 2 were better than another one by a lot sure but AO is still very solid

Lol you hate an artists for releasing one bad album?
>dad hats
who cares?
>dressing poor on purpose
the man was poor and I don't think he gives a shit about fashion, this is not an argument to any capacity.

die and be a hero
Or live long enough to see yourself become a villain

he's probably a two pack a day kinda guy.

>should he and his fans spend $100000 on designer rick owens gay shit?

you see this the problem right here. stop listening to mac if you're only pretending to chill
calling stuff you don't like "gay" isn't cool fuck off

What's wrong fag, I offend your precious feelings?

He worked with James and won't release the music.

you reek of r/indieheads and tumblr, you boring fuck.

Stop, please.

mac hates bigots like you :)
now fuck off

you seem lost

>>>tumblr.com
>>>gaytube.com

hes up in there in the list of tryhards, alongside diiv. its just cringe honestly

fuck off bigot
white boys like you need to stop listening to mac you are disgrace to society.

Not that guy, but you sound like a massive pussy

no I'm sick of bigotry and casual homophobia and the toxic masculinity in our culture that allows this attitude to permeate

most of all i'm sick of poseur fratboy mac demarco fans who exhibit these attitudes when mac himself is very against all of these things.

fuck off bigot
how can you listen to macs music but still be everything he hates.

haha, epic :)
mind if I save this post?

I can't tell if bait or not. well done

Poe

and i'm sick of overly sensitive tumblr tourists who get triggered over stupid shit on Sup Forums

>complaining about the use of derogatory terms on Sup Forums

I like Mac and DIIV but I don't give two shits about their personas. I just enjoy jangly guitar riffs and detached-sounding songs.

This is amazing bait.

don;t listen to our music and copy our style and then try to use slurs against people that inspired all of that.
I will always call you out and theirs nothing you can do about it

I'm not a homophobe, you dumb faggot

this

Because he's literally a sex offender

if you enjoy completely average music i guess.

? he's been in a relationship for like, eternity.

B8

"hasn't been good since Salad Days."
No shit, faggot. Salad days was his last full length LP. There is no other music. Experiments, sure, but no music. I swear to the fucking nigger lord himself, I am so fed up with this Sup Forums contrarian bullshit. And by the way, I DON'T EVEN LIKE HIS MUSIC. BUT THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT FUCKING BAD.

Yeah I'm 2 years younger than him an I just recently got over my 'smoking is cool' phase. Enjoy stinking like garbage and killing yourself for image though

Lmao, your trying to hard man, the bait has to be convincing but subtle.

He also goes to his groupies high school parties and films his friends jacking off in front of minors

I agree but I think another one was a full length buddy.

>guys i have lung cancer
>nobody is surprised
can't wait

Needs new material. If his new album sucks he'll become irrelevant. If his album is great he'll be hailed as the next big rockstar. He's one of the few rock musicians out there that young people are really into and his fanbase has crossover with a lot of hip hop acts. He's probably in the best position to make it really big out of anyone because you know there's going to be a big rock revival soon (it's overdue) and Mac could be at the forefront of it. I also think Car Seat Headrest could be a potential contender although his music might not be mainstream-friendly enough.

because god fucking forbid anyone go on any other website besides this parasitic, gore-photo dump of a website.

Even if this was true, that'd just mean he hangs around weirdos, who cares

eight. fucking. songs. twenty. three. fucking. minutes.

Everyone you've mentioned makes indie music man.
> I also think Car Seat Headrest could be a potential contender although his music might not be mainstream-friendly enough.
lmao wtf are you talking about, CSH is about as radio-friendly indie music gets.

Music for dweebs and teenage potheads (not that this is necessarily a bad thing mind you)

Get into Ariel Pink for the real good stuff

What's the minimum pre-requisite for a full length?

>his style and fanbase are shit
>so? what about his music
>it's ok
>random tumblr b8
What a shit thread

agree

>Dweebs
>not a bad thing

good question, so why call it a full length at all?

It was a literal question, i'm asking because idk.

please, please go back. your kind is ruining this place

that means he hangs around fucking degenerates and proves his image is calculated and manufactured

what a horrible combo

Sometimes, yeah. Like when I'm driving.

fuck mac demarco and all this post-internet music shit
him and fucking odd future and all the vaporwave and yung leaner shit.

normalizing smoking

>odd future
>vaporwave
>yung lean

Is it 2013 again?

Post internet music?

Where's the proof amigo, you could be talking out of your ass for all i know.

Mac DeMarco was the outlet for indie kids who loved Arctic Monkeys when they were 14. He presented a "cooler" and more "mature" style of music, and his excessive branding with cigarettes made it very easy for these types of people to transition to his music, because they would all smoke for the image.

His music isn't really that bad though.

i think hes paid to advertise them

idk like >10 songs and >40ish minutes

music that is really popular with the 15 year old internet "dank memer" crowd and artists that got popular through the internet and share a kind of similar aesthetic/fanbase

stuff like mac demarco, death grips, bones, yung lean, james ferraro, opn, lil b, odd future, pretty much all vaporwave/chillwave

>dad hats
Its a fucking hat, if you cant seperate baseball hats from dad hats, then its you who is too deep in the trend

>dresses poor on purpose
First off, why give a fuck about an artists clothes. Second, dressing "poor" on purpose has been cool for decades.

>hasnt been good since salad days
Ok? So he hasnt been good since his last full-length album? All you are saying is that he has released one bad EP

>

Because its prob better than anything he ever did by himself

>because god fucking forbid anyone go on any other website besides this parasitic, gore-photo dump of a website.
You've oughta go back little faggit kid

lmao, R.I.P

You must be so fucking boring.

>dressing poor on purpose and his music hasn't been good since salad days but peoples excuses for that are "mac is cool who cares"
yeah what a novel idea you fucking idiot

I don't hate him, but I can see why people might resent someone who gets so much forum buzz yet whose music is entirely unoriginal. There's literally nothing about his music that hasn't been done to death by sleazy lo-fi indie bands over the last 30 years.

nice bait

>product placement
>"Indie"

I love how angry anti-smokers get

fag