>D.R.A.M.
>Rich Chigga
>Pink Guy
>Rob Stone
>Noname
>Rich The Kid
>XXXTentacion
>Famous Dex

I am 99% sure this is what it'll look like.

Did anyone else really pop this year? I guess Nav and Playboi Carti are possibilities.

already leaked

2/2

>Pink Guy
come on

XXL freshman list has been trash for the last few years

Ugly God
Pouya
XXXtentacion if he drops a successful tape when out of prision.

It's not even far fetched. 2016 had Lil Dicky.

>got a #2 on the itunes hip hop chart with his debut album
>they like to have a token white guy in each class (he isn't completely white but he's close enough)
>even if XXL doesn't pick him, he'll definitely win the fan vote if people can vote for him

actually #1 now

>lil bae bae
>lil big man
>lil tee tee
>lil stupidt
>lil yung
>yung lil
>lil lil
>tiny boy
>my tiny man
Where is big sean when you need him
>sam hyde
dank

>Sam Hyde

kek'd

Seems like Pouya has already been considered, id say Ugly God is also another highly possible contender

Do people really still care about XXL freshmen? I thought it stopped being a relevant list once the internet and social media got the power to blow up no names overnight.

>sam hyde
>earthworm jim
lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

maybe xxxtentacion and lil peep

What was 2016?

wait what

is there actually unironically a rapper called pink guy

what the fuck

>he doesnt know pink gay

For real? I almost wanna call bait but I'm not sure. Just google/YouTube him, he's a pretty big personality.

Don't be so surprised that people don't know who he is. I only heard of him recently from one of my idiotic friends who thinks he's a genius.

Sleeper pick:

I can see Milo making the list this year. So the Flies Don't Come was fairly popular last year, and he's only gotten bigger since. Keep in mind that only a few years ago, Anderson Paak did a song with Milo and then he blew up. If he releases another similar project to So the Flies Don't Come, I can see him having moderate mainstream success.

Your friend's being ironic

This one seems more real

Spark Master Tape could be a sleeper pick

Only one that seems reasonable here is Rich the Kid, and maybe Lil Peep if he does anything notable soon. If 22 Savage gets on then XXL is a even more of a joke.

Pitchfork reviewed a Lil Peep track before so maybe. Rich The Kid has been rapping for years so I doubt he'd get on the 2017 list lmao. His time passed.

Sup Forums needs to stop sleeping on g herbo

what is the XXL freshman class and why is lil'dicky there

Y'all dumb. It's gon be
Young MA
Famous Dex
Rich The Kid
A. Boogie
Playboicarti
Lud Foe
(^those I'm pretty sure^)
The rest are just possible candidates
YFN Lucci
Blac Youngsta
Young Dolph
Amine

Agreed. Welcome to Fazoland was easily the best mixtape of 2014.

XXL magazine's list of the best rappers of the year.

They pick nine guys, let the internet pick one, then everyone picked does a cypher.

>rich the kid
I hope not. Literally one of the most generic rappers out now.

it's not the best rappers just the best up and coming. or else kanye woul dbe on there every year.

they're "freshman" cause they're semi new to the game

I could've sworn I put "best new rappers" but I guess not

But yeah, that's what I meant

>XXXTentacion
pls no

They should pick Novelist as the token 'grime is reaching American audiences and we need to capitalize on it with a young guy with American co-signs'

XXXtentacion
Tedy Andreas
Famous Dex
Playboi Carti
Pouya
Ugly God
Amine
Young MA

I feel like beating up his girlfriend and spending most the year in jail will definitely hurt his chances. Hip hop has a lot of lee way with what criminal behavior is considered acceptable but domestic abuse is not.

>Rich The Kid has been rapping for years

Kidd Kidd has too but he got on the list in '15.

nah that makes him dangerous and unhinged which is what he wwannts to be presented as. If you ask me he's a pretty cool guy

That's news to me. Figured they only wanted like the newest rappers. Guess he's gonna be on the list.

gayboi carti

>XXXTentacion and Pink Guy in the same cypher

Please happen

KEK WILLS IT