Solid education including masters degree

>solid education including masters degree
>4.0 GPA
>belonged to many clubs and organizations
>held a job since 15, now 30
>managed and owned successful company which had over 10 million in annual revenue
>sold company to investors
>stellar references
>now can't find even an entry level job

What the fuck Sup Forums. Why can't I, with all of this education and experience, find anything? It has been 6 months and I haven't even gotten so much as an interview. This is depressing.

plz halp

I am 26, went to college for 1 year after getting kicked out of the Navy for alcoholism then dropped out. Ended up doing some soul searching working shitty jobs killing myself for 10 bucks an hour and wound up working for a Japanese company in Iowa making around 50k a year with amazing benefits. I now have a fiance and life is grand. You never know what life has in store, my biggest advice would be to network and get to know people. It is sad but usually the best way into a company is to have someone vouch for you.

K

To be fair, no one ever said hiding in your basement masturbating was an effective job finding scheme.

I remember saying it would be fun for a while. But not effective.

The thing is, you're a bit over qualified user. Any business that hires you will fear the risk of losing you to a higher paying job.

maybe you're a cunt?

12 million in expenses?

Why do you want an entry level job?

OP is 23 and works at a gas station. Pretending to be an overqualified nerd is how he gets his kicks on these internets.

OP, Do you guys have diet doctor pepper? I don't like the regular kind.

economy is really shitty right now in america. I'm in a similar boat OP

Similar story to this

Believe the hype around networking. It's not what you've done, it's who you know. It's a sad truth.

>OP, Do you guys have diet doctor pepper? I don't like the regular kind.
Get Rekt

you have no charisma obviously

If you were that high up and can't find a job, it's because you can't convince them you're the right guy

So aside from coming from a privilaged learning situation, what actual skills do you have? I mean, management is simply delegating tasks and covering your own ass. What can you actual do that has some form of productive value other than talk about what a piece of paper claims you've accomplished?

They might want someone that they can abuse. This happens a lot in the corporate world where I work.

There is a lot of pressure to get married and have kids and a house. That way you need the job more than the job needs you.

They might not want you because you seem like someone who doesn't need the job.

what is your degree in?

>sells 10 million dollar company.... at age 30.
>has to find work at an entry level job...

do you seriously expect me to buy this shit?

I'm being honest here. Everyone that I speak to either says that I'm overqualified if I apply to low-level positions or that I don't have the required certs/experience if I apply to higher level ones. I'm stuck in limbo and I can't get out.

What did you do with the money you made?

If you need a job now just apply with your master's left off and some of your certs missing. While you're there keep looking for something your level. Hiring people are never honest to you, there's no reason to be honest to them.

Start a new business. That is what I'm doing and I'm worth a liquid $1.5 mill at 34.

I'm thinking about investing in multi-unit rental properties.

Don't be a gay slumlord.
Make a virtual reality business.

>Why can't I, with all of this education and experience, find anything?
Because pres. Nig nogs economy is shit. Eventually he'll have to take responsibility and stop blaming everything on someone else

No one is ever looing for a person with a women's studies degree.

This. Make a resume that lacks the certifications which make you look too good for the job