Any dentist fags here? What's the worst that can happen with my last wisdom tooth coming in...

Any dentist fags here? What's the worst that can happen with my last wisdom tooth coming in? And how bad do my teeth look? Are those cavities?

I'm not a dentist, but those are definitely cavities.

Center of molars could just be staining but the decay on the side needs checked out. Worse that can happen with wisdom teeth? Horrible pain, shifting, suicide.

But they don't hurt tho, should I get em fixed ASAP?

i had wisdoms come in like that and never had them pulled, they ended up coming in fine, just took a long time. I'm going to have them pulled soon but they are not causing any immediate danger. You definitely have some severe cavities on those molars, that shit will probably need to be pulled.

Source: got good job with dental plan recently, had 20k worth of dental work done so far. Learning a lot about this shit

If you wait til cavities hurt, you're fucked.

Oh do you mean on the side there? That's actually a filling from a long time ago, same as the other side.

Wisdom tooth looks fine. Good thing too, you're going to need them lol

Thems are old fillings family

even if they are those are no fucking question decayed to shit. Fillings don't make your teeth invincible

That's not decay on the side , most likely an amalgam filling.
Also yes you should remove your third molars, statistically speaking impacted third molars will result in a problem making you symptomatic whether it be from pericorinitis, eruption causing pain or decay from not being able to access and clean it. The occlusal surface appear to be stains but your resolution sucks . Brush twice a day and use ACT. Good luck

That's not decay on the sides, they're fillings. The plaque/decay is the yellowy/brown shit on the crowns of the teeth.

Worst that can happen is really situational and extremely hard to tell without looking at an x-ray.

They can come in at an angle and start cutting into your gums/cheek which can cause infection. They can also start pushing your other teeth causing immense pain and also infection.

They can also come through just fine and nothing happens, I've had both my bottom wisdom teeth for 5+ years, they've come through completely and the only thing that sucks is cleaning them.

You should definitely go see a dentist though and get those teeth checked out, you can see the plaque has changed to tartar which is going to cause a problem. At the moment it's nothing serious but if you let it go too long it CAN rot the teeth and you'll need a root canal which is 1000x more expensive/painful than just getting it checked out now and possibly only needing a filling. It can also cause many different types of gum disease which you don't want.

Your teeth aren't in immaculate shape but they're not terrible either, very easily fixable for the time being. Be safe, not sorry, especially when it comes to your health and things you can never reverse.

Your last molars in each side looks like might have a problem, or it just a stain, but anyway check it out. Your wisdom tooth might bring you A LOT of pain, you can't really know. If you have a small jaw they might just stuck there and won't come out. So check it if there is any shine of pain.

Here's one more of the one side, I know it's bad but I rarely brush my teeth. Pretty sure a cavity is forming on one of these teeth.

Oh yeah one more question, if the cavity is in the early stages can it be reversed by a regular brushing schedule at all?

that hole you are claiming is a filling is in a disastrous state. You can see the fucking discoloring on the inside. and yeah, the one right in front of that definitely has a small cavity, get that taken care of before it gets bad

fuck no. If it's very shallow the best you can do it brush it well enough to keep it from getting worse, but it's not gonna heal

That's literally the filling and it looks fine, don't give him incorrect advice and make him worry over nothing.

Not once it's a cavity no, you'll more or less just prevent it from getting worse, the problem can arise if bacteria gets stuck in the cavity and you're not clearing it out with brushing, then it can still get worse. Definitely see a dentist, you'll probably just need a small filling and that's it, your teeth don't look THAT bad.

I can't say for sure if those are cavities yet (although one definitely looks like it) but I would for sure get it checked out.

Okay, the main thing that was stopping me from going to the dentist was being afraid what they'd think about the state of my teeth, and with the assurance that they aren't in too rough of shape gives me hope it won't cost an arm and a leg to get fixed. I haven't been to a dentist in probably a good 7 or 8 years :/

no properly done filling is inset into your teeth like that or laves the area around it discolored

Dentists have to deal with teeth FAR worse than yours. If you've ever seen inside a crack/meth heads mouth you will literally think you're looking at the abyss.

You really just have your typical apathetic college students teeth, couldn't give a fuck for the most part about taking care of them but they're no where near being in a state of beyond repair, just some pretty minor issues.

It won't cost an arm and a leg to get fixed, you'll need a filling or 2 at WORST case scenario, from the looks of it you'd barely even need 1. Possibly an x-ray if he thinks your wisdom teeth are coming in poorly, either way not expensive and definitely worth peace of mind

Alright, I'm going up town tomorrow so I'll try to book an appointment for a cleaning/checkup. So do they do the examination first and then whatever needs to be fixed at a later date?

generally yeah

>or laves the area around it discolored

Wrong. Discoloration from fillings, especially ones that are getting on in years, is quite common. As a follow up question because I already know you don't know, what do you think that is then?

smoke more meth

It really depends on the dentist and how booked up they are. If they have the time (only takes about 10-20 minutes) they'll just do it after the checkup, if you even need a filling. If you don't want to do it that same day you can always book for a later date, just don't make it too late obviously. Good luck with it all anyway, you'll be 100% fine

Alright thanks for the info everyone, it's almost 4 am and I gotta sleep. Tooth decay guy signing off