Im so alone

Im so alone
I graduated high school this past year and during high school I belonged to a lot of friend groups, but now I feel like I don't belong to anything my friends and I chose different paths. They are going to college and I joined the military. I leave towards the end of this year for boot camp and as the days pass they become more and more distant as they pursue their future, and they don't have time for someone like me. Another friend of mine enlisted and left for boot camp a few weeks ago and when he left I cried like crazy and was sad to see him go, and I just don't think anyone will do the same when I go. They've already moved on and I haven't even left yet. I stopped asking them if they wanted to hangout or something because I couldn't stand the bullshit excuses they started to make every time and every day I hope that just one of them will ask me instead but it never happens. I don't know what to do. I just needed to get this out I'm sorry for wasting your time if you read this.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/White-Donkey-Terminal-Lance/dp/0316362832
terminallance.com/2010/01/05/terminal-lance-1-how-knick-names-are-born/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>friend groups

obvious douchebag.

Holy fuck.
You'll make new friends.
You joined the military?

Well get used to this feeling because this is going to hit with every change of active duty station, and even with a few individual school transitions, the move from basic to AIT(army)/MOS(usmc) schools, from there to the fleet proper, then from there to active duty stations, deployments, get used to being alone and having to make new friends.

That's going to be your life for the next few years.

Yeah. I know. I didn't want to be that way anymore. I've done bad things and I joined the military just to give some good back before I go.

>joined the military
>apologizes to strangers on the internet

Not going to make it.

I know but that's different. It's just depressing having the people closest to me turn into almost complete strangers. I'm not worried about leaving people I've only known for a few months after I leave.

"I joined the military just to give some good back before I go."

I hope for fucks sake you signed up as a corpsman or some shit because the only good you are going to be doing in most job is filling sand bags, staying up all night, cleaning your room, cleaning other rooms, cleaning shit in general, including your gear and uniforms, and a LOT of waiting around feeling useless, waiting to eventually get promoted, reorganizing stuff, getting berated all day by some shit with a micro-dick complex.

Unless you signed up infantry... in which case it's the same, but more PT, more screaming, and a much greater chance of physical injury or death with maybe a 1% chance you'll shoot someone.

Probably get assigned to the working party to collect biometrics on the airstrike bodies though... that was fun.

Got some bad news for you faggot. If you wanted to "give some good back", military service is the last thing you should have done. That is not our business.

It's going to happen again when you come home and see your family too.

After spending most of years away from home, by the time you come back, your family is going to feel like a surreal copy of the one you left behind.

So brace yourself.

Yep. Signed infantry. I know I didn't want to do school and I wanted some sense of adventure thinking there was more to life. I know I probably won't get it but I figured it was worth a shot. It's better then spending a lot of money I don't have to do something I'm not interested in I guess.

I just want to be a good person

So your gooing to boot camp (marines) and ypur going infantry (less than 10 precent of the corps). Man the fuck up, quit being a pussy and IF you make it through boot camp (witch is a joke) you then get to go to ITB and IF you make it through that fucking hell, i hope you check into my unit so i can fuck you up and turn you into a man. Pussy. I joined when i was 19 in 2013, contacted infantry, became a 0352. Get ready to sit on ass for the next 4 years. This is peace time, theres nothing for infantry to do anymore besides train and go on MEUs. Good luck, faggot.

Same thing here man. I've been in the military for six years now, and it is YOUR job to maintain friendships, because they sure as hell will not. That being said, only one or two of your friends from high school will matter to you in just a short time, just like you won't matter to most of them anymore. You'll make friends in the military. It's the brotherhood of man, at least in submarines. Good luck OP

Thanks. I guess I might see you soon. Is it so wrong to be down a night?

Oh. Be careful wanting that adventure shit.

amazon.com/White-Donkey-Terminal-Lance/dp/0316362832

Also... what said.

You signed up in a peace time marine corps.
Unless we massively redeploy to combat ISIS now you are going on a MEU... where you will go over seas, get on a boat, and train... yup... train... just like you did back in the states.

You WILL visit some amazing places but you will be moving past at mach jesus and you'll be so miserable you won't even notice how awesome the place looked until it's all over with.

Also... if you seriously signed up as an 03. Suck it the fuck up.
This is going to get so much worse for you, just as a baseline, and god help you if you actually end up in some shithole like sangin or fallujah or some shit. So be very fucking careful wanting adventure when you're already like this over your friends moving on with their lives.

Drifting apart from your old friends is a pretty normal part of growing up. I'm still friends with a couple people from high school, but that's just because we have the same career. I did five years in the military and barely talked to any of my old friends during that time. Had the time of my life in the military and made memories and friendships that will last my whole life. Most people are in your situation at some point, chalk it up to growing pains.

terminallance.com/2010/01/05/terminal-lance-1-how-knick-names-are-born/

Start at the beginning.
This isn't a fucking joke.
You will actually thank me later for sending you this link early. Not so much the later shit. But pay attention to the "how to not look and act like a boot" parts.

It will REALLY help you out living on base later.

Royal Canadian Navy here.

Grow a pair of balls OP, the military is going to fucking destroy you if you whine this much.

Or, dont enlist at all newfag

Its not that bad, its an experience. You dont join to give back. You join to take. There are many good opertunities you just have to want them. You need to man up and seperate you personal issues. You will NOT make it if you dont learn to leave your personal issues at home. Ypu will make new freinds, pretty much the dumbest group of people you will ever meet, but there going to be your brothers. People check in, people check out. You will hate some, you will like some. I will tell you now, some PFC that checks in complaining or feeling sorry for himself makes a fine target for the NCOs, leaves a poor impression. You dont want to be that guy, trust me. It never ands well. You going west coast or east?

Ill give that a read I've been looking for a new book. I appreciate the advice. I know I'm coming off as a little bitch but I'm not expecting this to be easy and look forward to the challenge. I just want to get everything I can out of life, you know?

I know not to act like a boot. I don't really tell people that I enlisted unless they ask me what college im going to just so I dont sound like "that guy". Ill still give it a read though.

I knew it was going to happen, I mean I'd be an idiot if I didn't whether I joined the military or not. I guess its just weird with it actually happening if that makes sense.

Also, don't let anyone on here tell you you're stupid for joining. It's a great career if you decide to stay in, and it's great on a resume if you decide to do your time and get out. Can't beat the benefits. The travel, and memories are unbeatable too. Oh yeah, and the free college. I'd do it all over again if I had the chance, OP.

Welcome to Adult.

East. I know not to bring personal shit into the marines and I don't plan on it. Just didn't want to feel alone for another night.

>I just want to be a good person
>I signed up to kill babies

Seems legit