Has Bowie ever told the truth? Is everything a lie?

Has Bowie ever told the truth? Is everything a lie?

How was he unaware that he was recording an album?

Really makes you think!

Cancer does that to you.

sheety shoop

I feel sorry for people who never grow out of Bowie

>tfw your good taste prevented you from ever getting into Bowie
feels good

Nowhere near the best Bowie album. Not even that high on my chart. Doesn't affect my view on the album in any way.

Because it's a meme. They swapped "was dying" and "recording 'Blackstar'"

Bowie-Related question for you guys.

>"IT'S A CONCEPT ALBUM ABOUT HIS DEATH GUYS, THAT'S WHAT MAKES IT SO GOOD!!!"
>he didn't even know he was dying

when will Bowiefags admit that Blackstar was musically lackluster?

get out of my thread

>saying no but meaning less
>this is all i ever meant
>that's the message that i sent
Bravo, Bowie

never

What was lackluster about the music?

He didn't know it was terminal, but being as he was 68 and suffering from cancer again after suffering multiple heart attacks and previous cancers he probably thought it was a safe bet that he wouldn't last much longer.

There are numerous albums revolving around the songwriter exploring the concept of their own death.

The concept of the album has no real bearing on the merits of the music outside of lyrical (and in rare cases, compositional) elements.

As usual with Bowie, Blackstar (RCA, 2016), produced again by Tony Visconti,, is mostly image and very little about the music. The ten-minute Blackstar, that was supposed to be the centerpiece, is little more than a funereal litany a` la Doors with jazz horns that goes on five minutes too many. Bowie crooning melodramatic in Lazarus (from his Broadway musical about an alien who falls in love) or romantic in Dollar Days is either delirious and pathetic, certainly not entertaining. His tedious voice interferes with the driving jazz jam of 'Tis a Pity She Was a Whore and with the frenzied and tense Sue (a 2014 single). Even when the voice is not a distraction, the rest is hardly intriguing: I Can't Give Everything Away boasts an awful distorted guitar against syncopated beats and layers of electronic drones: not exactly genius. This is trivial "music" that any amateur could make, except that most amateurs would be ashamed to release it.

I've loved Blackstar since it leaked and i'd even go as far as putting it in my top 15 albums of all time, but there definitely are people who put more weight on the context of his death than the music itself.

I remember on RYM it was around 3.74 before he died and now it's at 3.94 with 8000 more ratings which would nearly always trend it downwards.

>leaving out the punchline of the funniest review ever posted on the internet

he may be a hack critic but he's a master troll

It's a meme you dip

Gee, I wonder who could be behind this post!