Is >per capita the single greatest damage control Sup Forums has created? It will literally never be forgotten

Is >per capita the single greatest damage control Sup Forums has created? It will literally never be forgotten

Yes

Not sure if it's better or worse fucking Australia of all flags started it

nobody will beat the IOC

If a country sends more athletes and benefits from the Olympics being 99 % swimming events then per capita is not a meme.

Why is "per capita" a thing again? I remember it back in 2010

it's up there but not greater than "we never cared about this semen slurping sport anyway" or to get more Olympic specific, "muh total medals" whenever China has more golds than the US

>tfw you created the first per capita thread

In 2008?

yes

You think Sup Forums came up with that??? I can never tell when these idiots who think everything comes from Sup Forums are serious or not

This would be true if our country did actually care about the sport, but objectively most Americans don't. Most people on Sup Forums do though, so I guess it has a little merit.

Wow, that's amazing, you must have been her for almost a decade.

there have been per capita threads since I first started coming here for the Beijing Olympics

I remember my first week here because I wrote a long lesbian erotica story about the American gymnastics team that ended up being like 20 pages long. I got banned for a month and when I got unbanned I went right back

A FUCKING DENTIST

Right, but we have more athletes qualify for the Olympics because we're better athletically

You understand this right?

fuck off newfag

>Remove swimming
>we still have more than you and Australia
Bravo?

Not that guy but
>tfw you realize you've been posting on Sup Forums for over 8 years

>Remove a sport that makes the IOC and TV networks money
might as well add Pro Wrestling to the Olympics

Without a doubt.

its not even new

>explained for four days
>hurr durr it makes perfect sense
No

how new r u

post it

everyone has a chance to qualify just like our athletes. do better

Medals per head of population is much better indicator of a nations overall athleticism.

Using you're stupid logic, Slovenia should be considered the greatest sporting nation in the world per capita in this year's Olympics. But if Fiji wins a gold medal in Rugby, they will be considered the best.

Apparently believing Slovenia, and possibly Fiji, to be great sporting countries makes perfect sense to you.

obviously one gold flukes are excluded from this argument

It has always been used to meme in such events newfag.

A true champ. You deserve a medal.

And going stronk

>I only utilize concepts when they are convenient to me
>If it isn't convenient, I change the concept to my benefit

welcome to Sup Forums, faggot

I've been here faggot, I'm just pointing it out. Faggot.

>Swimming
>Ping Pong
>Diving
>Dart shooting
>Badminton

wow congratz on being the best at meme sports

This post absolutely reeks of underage.

It was on my old computer, which I have the hard drive for somewhere, hang on

I wrote about Alicia Sacramone and Shawn Johnson predominately.

what do these digits reek of, faggot?

It doesn't make perfect sense but neither does comparing medal counts at face value you fat fuck.

No one is suggesting it's an even keel except trolls, you autistic leaf. It just isn't anywhere close to 15 to 1 scale as the per capitalists are suggesting.

mmm, not sure about that. i rarely comment here on Sup Forums, and most of my comments are very balanced and kinda wise. what about you, i gave a look, you're the typical keyboard warrior. well, i don't need to put people down on the internet to feel good with myself you know? so the main thing of the discussion is that i am an halfwit because i can't catch the thing that you mention the fact that people said x or z about per capita in the past?

>The amount of athletes any one country can enter is capped.

True, but a country with a population of 300 million will have a greater chance of producing an elite athlete than a country with 23 million people.

If Country A) has 50,000 elite swimmers, while Country B) has 200,000, which do you reckon will produce the better swimmers? It doesn't matter if either country can only enter a maximum of __ athletes, because their top 5% of athletes will be more exclusive.

Considering this population handicap, do you still think it's unimpressive that Country A) (for example) invariably places in the Top 10 in each Olympics?

OLYMPIC MEDALS PER CAPITA

COUNTRY

1. Kosovo

2. Slovenia

3. New Zealand

4. Hungary

5. Mongolia

6. Australia

7. Georgia

8. Croatia

9. Kazakhstan

10. Sweden

What a surprise, it's an accurate list of the greatest countries on Earth. Really makes you think.

>NZ over AUS

Your response, Australia?

Per Capita for the 4cc roster? (y/n)

It was the Brits that started it in 2012

Have to do golds per capita

Our Olympic showing so far has been Canada tier and we really shouldn't be on any top ten lists per capita or not

pic related to the topic

>per capita

>4 years later yurop is still damage controlling

per capita is a swedish invention from Sup Forums