What's the music scene like where you live Sup Forums?

what's the music scene like where you live Sup Forums?
>edmonton
>pretty bad 2bh filled with mac demarco wannabes
>not a lot of decent concerts either

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5GXuzw-B13M
svolder.bandcamp.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=fiULEn0UOZI
youtube.com/watch?v=T7DX8caWe8c
youtube.com/watch?v=WYo4LttlD-A
youtube.com/watch?v=xrjPovRmE-Q&t=66s
youtube.com/watch?v=SBuDe7wn6Oc
youtube.com/watch?v=lnhHUNUTns0
youtube.com/watch?v=nYU3jK_aGgI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This sort of thing to keep awaye the Plague. also we do blackface

>math rock
>tiny indie bands
>one bad hardcore band that somehow got big
>fucking The World is a Long Band Name moved here
guess and you get an upvote

>tfw you live in the middle of nowhere
this is the only song I ever found from my hometown.

forgot link
youtube.com/watch?v=5GXuzw-B13M

>NYC
what you wanna know

There is literally never anything to do or see in Edmonton. No one tours there, no one who starts stays there and the crop of local bands usually sucks like every other town.

>Albany NY
>supposedly good music scene
>just shitty indie band and bad rock bands
talented people but bad music

Prince tribute act though to look forward to in Spring

>living in Europe
>middle of nowhere

i mean edmonton does have a bretty good anti-islamic black metal scene though

svolder.bandcamp.com/

mostly "americana", singer songwriter folk stuff
some punk and metal bands like every city

Paris, France

God-tier for concerts
Great-tier if you're into any type of electronic music whatsoever (barring noise)

if you like guitar music you're out of luck there's absolutely no local scene

Halifax, Nova Scotia
Everything is joel plaskett and motown. Nb in my opinion.

Yeah I know but it's a barren wasteland in terms of music culture. The only music we have here is shitty rap and obnoxious tuba music.

A lot of metal and hardcore
Some bluesrock/psychedelic stuff
And a big club where lots of international artists of all genres come. Went to see status quo there not too long ago

What hardcore band are you referring to?

i'll give you a hint, they listened to one shoegaze album and spaced out the chugs, then anthony fantano reviewed them.

Most genres exist here in Calgary AB but it seems to be dominated by metalcore, at least with what I've seen live

It's hard to get anywhere but that's probably true in a lot of places. IDK. I used to be in a midwest emo band but we were one of two in the city. Both my band and the other one are no longer together.

We played on bills with punk, folk punk, pop punk, hardcore and various rock bands. Most of the bands weren't very good. In my quest to start a new band I've found almost everyone I meet is either flakey or shitty or both.

TITLE FIGHT

Floral green is really good though

nah, they're actually good. it was Code Orange Kids.

They call Austin TX the "music capital of the world" but I don't see it
its just a bunch of hipsters and mexicans/pajeets
Though The Jesus Lizard and Butthole surfers are good enough for me to say my city isnt absolutely shit

No idea. Shoegaze isn't ringing any bells.

>Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN
>excellent scene
>all genres represented
>hip hop, indie rock, noise/experimental, crusty punk, folk punk, metal, buttrock, etc
>many places to play, from large venues to medium size to bars, from DIY art spaces and basements, to living rooms and coffee houses
>multiple shows going on any night of the week
>several local radio stations to promote

it's this they're back to being nobodies again but they were popular for like a month

I wouldn't call Code Orange nobodies. They're one of the biggest bands in the hardcore scene right now.

>Providence
>awesome but small

going to a sick show tonight

Austin has the best punk scene in america right now you retard

Las Vegas here
Mostly punk and indie stuff. Not a lot of diversity, kinda sucks. Also not many options to watch live, local bands

Do need to also mention, the Backstreet Boys are moving to Las Vegas this year...so we got that going for us?

>Calgary
Ech. I'm interested to see if the national music center's resource/residency programs have an impact on the local scene going forward. Women/Preoccupations seemed to initially spark a small distinctive local post-punk scene but like every other fucking "local" act most participants fucked off to Montreal at the first hint they might possibly break out.

Kinda shitty for touring acts, although it makes Sled Island all that much bigger an event since it's a four-day orgy of acts that otherwise never come here.

I'm starting to think literally everywhere is better.

i don't go outside
i live in oklahoma

are you involved in the scene friendo

Nah. Sometimes I think I'd like to do some electronic stuff but I have no idea how to even begin with that shit. I'm completely out of practice on traditional instruments too.

yeah but you do have prostitutes , so that'd be good with headphones

Victoria, bc
Pretty big mix of stuff but its all pretty shit. The local scene is a bunch of indie bands and soundcloud rappers with a pinch of wannabe "experimental" bs and a couple of ok punk bands. No one makes tour stops here

>what's the music scene like where you live Sup Forums?
Cold!

Mary Bell just put out a pretty good punk album. Very Flipper at times.

>portland
>mostly grindcore and indie shit
>not a lot of great shit desu
damn

Wut

Jesus Lizard record their first very limited 7" here and that's it. Austin has literally zero claim to them. We had Scratch Acid not Jesus Lizard

Smoke Rings put out a very awesome album almost a year ago exactly.

It's all either dill music mumble shit or dickless shoe-gaze, the older generation plays dad-rock/r&b

hey man thanks for the heads up, do you know what venue they started out in?

youtube.com/watch?v=fiULEn0UOZI

Weird is that how it works there? Kind of an odd question to an Amerilard. No idea, I just found them in my quest to hear literally every single album released this year.

it can get pretty fragmented here, the weird thing is that since most venues are occupied with foreign bands (basically everybody stops by paris) there's a bunch of bars with basements that do local shows (either that or they're the openers to foreigners)

even as far as electronic, most of the interesting artists don't even perform regularly, they just record and release.

I live in Atlanta and we have great music scene in regards for bands that come here to play, outside of a few good local indie/hard-core bands, it's mostly shitty SoundCloud/band camp rap. But I'm 40 minutes away from Athens, which is goat.

is this supposed to turn me on?

Guayaquil, people here love it, I hate it. You be the judge:

youtube.com/watch?v=T7DX8caWe8c
youtube.com/watch?v=WYo4LttlD-A this one is decent, but it's a Pixies rip-off/tribute
youtube.com/watch?v=xrjPovRmE-Q&t=66s literal plagiarism from >youtube.com/watch?v=SBuDe7wn6Oc

This one is amazing, but they broke up: youtube.com/watch?v=lnhHUNUTns0

>this one is decent, but it's a Pixies rip-off/tribute
Wrong link, sorry, it's this one: youtube.com/watch?v=nYU3jK_aGgI

Same band, though

tons and tons of shitty rap

>Princeton NJ

You would think a college town with one of the best record stores in the country would have a music scene... Fucking nothing, not even a venue as far as I can tell. Art Garfunkle has come a few times and he's fantastic even now, but there's literally no scene.

Any Princeton people on here who want to play some noise rock? I play bass and sax