It's been years since I first listened to this album, and I still can't get over how next level it is

It's been years since I first listened to this album, and I still can't get over how next level it is
Is top-tier noise
Is top-tier pop
Is top-tier folk
AnCo never topped this album
Can this be a STGSTV appreciation thread? for the good old times?

This album did it better

not really

no actual noise though, and while it's nice it's much less interesting that stgstv

love this album, untitled and la rapet give me shivers

Why is Panda such a great drummer?

>tfw penny dreadfuls
It gives me the feel that being awake late at night as a kid gave me

I've considered this and MPP as above-god tier albums. Both show up in my top 5 albums ever list.

I listened to this album on acid, the production really amazed me for how textural it is, plus Avey was somehow at the top of his melody game. La Rapet and Chocolate Girl are incredible.

But MPP is a 5/10 at best
The only one that comes close to STGSTV is SJ

>plus Avey was somehow at the top of his melody game
Fucking this, the guy reached John Lennon/Paul/Brian Wilson levels

Find a bridge

take it easy, pleb
no more running is still one of my favorites

Eat something

Yeah it's amazing. Pandas drumming on Alvin Row is phenomenal (well that whole song is next level magic)

Kinda just blows my mind they made this so young and it was their first released album.

MPP doesn't come close to any of there other work really. it's just a good album but not superb like there other stuff.

>tfw 19
>tfw only made some short tracks on albeton
>tfw only have like 3 songs (with NO FUCKING LYRICS WHY ARE THEY SO FUCKING HARD) of my own that I made on guitar
>tfw I dont know any Panda level drummers
>tfw just started self-learning keyboards with a roland gaia
>tfw my singing voice is gone (literally suck at singing)
>tfw those pot-head fags made that 11/10 album at my age
Is there a worst feel?

You're being contrarian for the sake of it imho. MPP is a transcendental human experience and can be argued as their best work (I'd personally rank Feels just above it, but I don't think AnCo has ever released anything that isn't amazing, aside from Painting With which I still like well enough)

MPP is watered down SJ, dude

>MPP is a transcendental human experience
That's not sung tongs, or HCTI

I'm the one you replied to, I used to be the same. I would tell people it was "good" but in all honesty I hated it. Then I tried it again after a few months and...

Literally a meme post.

iv'e tried it for many years, I just really think it pales in comparison to their other amazing stuff. And I feel like people who just hear MPP get the wrong idea about the band and their capability.

You NEED to go back

same

I don't think any one particular AnCo album represents them as a whole though. Every one of their albums has something different to offer.

Both can be devastating for one who's in it for the feels

This is true.

the second part of chocolate girl is basically the best moment in music ever, and i've listened to thousands of records

agree

me on the left

>tfw just after making this post i came up with some dope ass lyrics
im gonna make it, anco bros

lol

I never thought of it this way but it makes some sense

both are more poppy/electronic, but MPP has less noisy/dissonant background effects (like in Peacebone, Fireworks, and Cuckoo Cuckoo) and less screaming (like in Peacebone or For Reverend Green), although something like Chores could still fit on MPP

lyrically I think MPP is a lot more mellow and relaxed too

MPP is great but I still love SJ the most

the funky acoustic part around the middle of chocolate girl is my favorite part of any song ever

isabelllll isabelllllllll

Listening to this for the first time, only listened to MPP and it was good but this one's amazing

>top-tier noise
kek

Bat You'll Fly is most underrated song from this album.

I think you mean
>That's not Campfire Songs

What do you guys think Geologist was up to while Avey and Panda were making this masterpiece.

Geo said he plays on STGSTV in a recent podcast interview, but idk cause he's not mentioned in the liner notes. Anyway he was prob busy studying.

watching avey and panda FUCK

studying the earth's physical structure and substance, its history, and the processes that act on it

This and Feels are their best albums imo. I love them both equally, but for different reasons.

>tfw they will never be that qt again
pls end my life

making autistic noise music

untitled is as emotional as noise gets
fuck off, tryhard

this guy fucking knows

all the tracks are 11/10
they are all underrated until the moment humanity acknowledges STGSTV as the pinacle of existence

same lad see you sooon x

MPP, HCTI, Hollin are all better

not really

stop lying to yourself

that's actually recent
> you will never see their leaked drunk fuck video

I'm right there with you. People shit on MPP and I don't know why, it's an astonishing musical accomplishment. I've been listening to that album since it came out and I still discover new textures and layers to it.

Untitled is the best song not named Alvin Row on that album. I reach a catharsis through that song that's totally unique.

How would you describe the aesthetic of early AnCo?

kinda raw, unorthodox pysch visuals innawoods?

Just raw use of psychedelics, with the use of raw noise and really soft acoustic guitar, brushed drums and quiet but assertive vocals

boipucci-esque

this

he doesnt look cute in that pic

>mfw I heard them play Alvin Row live in chicago last year

Was beautiful with the whole crowd

I think he is

noahs prime

and ew. Geo looks cutest in this one

Why are they always drinking alcohol? Is that their secret?

After 420 two sails on a sound is reminding me childhood and making me hate my mum

yes
more cute geo

post more drunk anco

these dudes know

IS THAT WEED?
WTF NOAH STOP DRUGS ARE BAD
NO SHIT YOU ARE TAKING PILLS

kek

*dudes*

i thought they were autists with no social life

wrong

they are autists with social life

i remember knowing PW would be shit when I first saw that pic

ay lol

They're just a little on the quiet side.

they are the cute kind of autistic

ALPHA
L
P
H
A

where were you when you realized avey was redpilled?

>tfw you will never be a member of anco

avey is best

>I won't wait for you in Albania
>if you won't wait for me in a mural
>I feel so elusive in Houston
>you feel so exclusive in Houston
melody every bit as good as Heroes and Villains or Good Vibrations

d-delet this

ikr

I feel like anco lyrics are underrated. one of the reason I really love centipede hz is that avey's lyrics are so fucking good and intense, he's really good at writing.

guys who remembers "leak it deak"
heh
good times
remember when you shitlords made Deak sad and he literally posted here?

deak is too pure for moo anyway

>tfw ywn hang out on that room with panda

>ywn cuddle with him on that bed on a cold morning going through old records for cool unique samples

young, wild, and free
this is art
they look so grown up :'^)
that's not panda is it...

yeah, you went too far

not panda