So, it is true that America serve fries, gatorade and candy to kids at school?

So, it is true that America serve fries, gatorade and candy to kids at school?

Other urls found in this thread:

motherjones.com/tom-philpott/2012/08/schools-limit-campus-junk-food-have-lower-obesity-rates
youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM
education.com/magazine/article/fast-food-school-cafeterias/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15181085
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yup but its not their fault

yeah, in Canada they do too tbh

Gatorade, yeah. The others not for a while in the majority of US schools.

chet ubetcha

Candy no.
Never seen Gatorade in my experiences, but I've heard it happens.
Fries yes, with some school provided meals

>gatorade being bad

Way better to drink gatorade than sodas that's for sure..

Graduated from public school in 2011. They still served fries with lunch, candy and gatorade could be purchased through vending machines but not given out with lunches.

Fries do come with some meals, but the other stuff is mostly vending machines

This is what fat people actually believe.

OP here.
We only got served sandwiches, baguettes and milkvat school. No sodas until we were about 16, but we had to buy it at the store no way they served it at the school

Yeah, they serve crap in US schools anymore.
Makes me want to move to France.
Pic related.

Yeah Gatorade but Michelle Obama made the food "healthier" and now school lunches aren't fit to be served to pigs. You can buy candy in vending machines but you are never just given it.

I've never seen Gatorade or candy, in my experience. Fries are sometimes an option at lunch.

>fries
Not really, though we did get tater tots when I was in high school.
>Gatorade
Wtf? No. Pretty much just milk and water. They served orange juice for a while too.
>candy
Well, we got pastries such as cookies instead. The worst (as in most unhealthy) it got was the occasional ridiculously huge cinnamon roll, though I think those have been replaced by now.

Graduated high school in 03. It was ironic because they shut off the soda machines at lunch, so I couldn't grab a Diet Coke and then a salad for my lunch. However, I could have a lunch consisting of nothing but ice cream Snickers bars, which they sold in the lunch room.

Not a single school has a meal that has any of that in there.

They are optional, meaning, the child has to go out of its way to purchase these items

This does not lye on the country, but on the parents

Yes, we also ride our tractors and hogs to school and drink gravy for breakfast. Gym class is more of a butter eating constant than playing sports

motherjones.com/tom-philpott/2012/08/schools-limit-campus-junk-food-have-lower-obesity-rates

potatoes can/are a stable intake of protein, long last carbs, and fiber
There i not reason not to have it in a valid quantity following that districts dietary schedule

Food didn't change a ton at my high school, though they did take away the salt shakers, which pissed everyone off, it's what made the economy-class-on-an-airplane quality food palatable.

maybe in high schools. some places are worse than others. although gatorade would be better than chocolate milk those fucks devour.

I remember in my elementary school, they gave us BREAKFAST PIZZA. LMAO It was a small square slice that had cheese and sausage. Oh man, it's like they were prepping us for future health problems.

Canadian here

Candy in the vending machines

Soda and Gatorade available all throughout Jr and Sr high

French fries, cheeseburgers, pizza etc available from cafeterias throughout Jr and Sr high

Yes.

In middle school and high school main courses for lunch consisted of nachos, french fries, papa johns pizza, soda, slushies, candy, cookies, etc. There was literally nothing healthy served in our cafeterias growing up in the 90's and early 00's. And it's only gotten worse from what I've seen. Some schools have partnered with fast food companies like McDonalds and Burger King.

Oh god.

Daily reminder that FRUCTOSE is literally poison

youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

Fructose is not poison...Google glycolysis

Are you serious? You actually think Gatorade is "healthy"?They have about half the sugar as soda (still a shit-ton) yet 50% more calories. They were made to replenish calories being burned by athletes during games - not fat kids in middle school. They are just as bad - worse in some cases. Serving sizes are bigger.

Glycolysis is the metabolism of glucose you retard

>fructose is poison

Pretty much this, My school actually sold salads at FIVE FUCKING DOLLARS and it didn't even come with any type of healthy meat. Just bacon bits. Or you could spend $2.50 and get a cheeseburger, fries, chocolate milk, and a piece of fruit.

Keep reading faggot fructose can go into glycolysis Like glucose

Learn2biochemistry before shouting faggotory

Yes, but at my school all of it is low-fat aside from the fries maybe.

My school system got rid of all soda, candy, and Gatorade in 06. They also never served fries as long as I was there, made you take fruit with your lunch or no lunch at all (even if you would just throw it away), yet believe it or not there were still fat kids.

Actually gatorade bottles actually got smaller here in the U.S.

Yes. Did you also know pizza is considered a serving of vegetables? You see it has two tablespoons of tomato paste. Mixed with corn syrup and salt of course. You know, corn syrup... that's probably a vegetable too. So, two servings if we want to be really precise about it.

nah but that'd be pretty awesome

Lmao you think schools stopped serving fries???

Yeah - forgot about those "salads." Most kids who bought them drowned them in buttermilk ranch anyway, effectively making them about as healthy as a cheeseburger.

Shit, that looks so good

I work in a school. You see fries with some lunches and at the highschool I work at there's a snack bar in the cafeteria that sells Gatorade and cookies and that sort of crap if the kids want to buy it.

Some of them, yeah. Whatever though, my point stands. Fuck off.

I loved how our school's pizza always looked like someone had just jizzed on it. If all the lunch workers weren't women, I'd be sure someone had.

Agreed

We used to have super tasty lunches here in Britbongland then all of the schools were forced to change their food to shared healthy menus. All of it tastes like fucking cardboard.

All of the vending machines in our school had actual tasty snacks and drinks like Pepsi and Dr Pepper taken out of them and replaced with brands no one had ever heard of that constantly tasted like flat ball sweat. Colleges and stuff still have tasty meals though.

So you passed AP Biology and all of the sudden you think you're Hans Krebs? Smh fam just watch the video and be enlightened.

>low fat
>chocolate

lol. ur stupid America

Yes, unless your school is a bunch poor fags

Oh man I remember when hey gave us cinnamon pancakes with a handful of maple syrup containers for Breakfast.

Used to drink maple syrup like it was juice, cause nobody drinks fucking water.

>doesn't understand glycolysis
>doesn't understand biochemistry
>is not a biochemist
>never take a graduate college course specifically on biochemistry of carbohydrates
>doesn't understand the problem is portion control not the fructose itself
>but watched a video once and is expert

Fuck off pleb

>Whatisfatteningtheamericanrace
Posts a picture of a vending machine filled with European packaged drinks.
Gtfo

>LmaoXDddddd!!!!1!!1!!!!!one111!
>When did this shit start going un-flammed for newfaggotry? Seriously, this used to be a quasi-bannable offense outside of /soc/
No.
I think they started serving baked fries. Or sweet potato fries.
Deep-frying stopped, and Michelle even has them only offering baked lo-cal chips for sale instead of the ol' deep-frying stuff.

Not ever since Michelle Obama changed that shit.
>Fries
aren't seasoned, and usually they use sweet potato

>Gatorade
some special low calorie shit called g2 or something

>Candy
Vending machines don't turn on until school is out, and the ones on during the day have fruit snacks, cheetos, or crackers.

>Partnership with McDonald
>^citation needed.
I hope you're shitposting.

Yes depending on the school.

My middle school had this thing called a "cookie closet." Which was basically just a funny term given to a room in the lunchroom that they sold kids junk food. Although I don't remember candy ever being sold in the room.

High School has vending machines for snacks including candy as well as soda/gatorade machines. The lunch program at least when I was there sold pretty damn good fries, chicken and cheese sticks. Which it seemed most kids went for but you had to pay for this stuff. I think fries with chicken basket was around 3-4 dollars. I also remember at one point a tray of fries was as cheap as 50 cent at one point in my school and they gave a ton of fries for your tray.

Fructose doesn't stimulate insulin release Hmm Oh well maybe that won't be a problem. You're right, I'm not a biochemist, but I have worked on a few peer reviewed diabetes trials. Enough to know that this is a Big Fucking Problem and is costing more money than you can wrap your head around.

But who cares keep pouring CocaCola™ and Gatorade™ down your kids' throats, telling them that the problem is portion control and if only they would stop fucking eating they'd be okay. A calorie is just a calorie and when your 14 year old can't stop shoving Cheetos™ in their mouths long enough to breathe maybe you'll reconsider.

education.com/magazine/article/fast-food-school-cafeterias/

Happy now faggot?

Holy shit, check out this retard. Can't even handle someone saying lmao without going into an aspie rage.

Are you stupid or something? Schools partnering with fast food isn't abnormal.

Teacher reporting. At my school the menu isn't half bad. Kids usually get a pretty decent selection at my school. Friday the main menu was grilled chicken strips with a whole wheat roll and steamed vegetables, I think broccoli and carrots. Kids also have to get a piece of fresh fruit before they can check out at the register thing. Kids can have a chicken sandwich or hamburger instead of the meat and roll each day. You can also get a side salad if you like. The big problem at my school, and I'm sure most American schools, is actually getting the kids to eat anything remotely healthy. Usually they just eat their meat, drink their milk, some eat the roll but most think it's gross. Then they throw away their fruit and vegetables. It's because they never eat fruit or vegetables at home. At home they're eating fucking garbage like ramen or pizza rolls every day, so they look at broccoli and flinch away from it! So frustrating.

It's news to me, but I don't watch the news anyway.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, like once a week they offer baked sweet potato fries. The kids usually don't go for them.

>Fructose doesn't simulate insulin
source?

Fructose, with the help of hexokinase, skips the first few steps of glycolysis and enters the glycolysis as fructose-1,6-phosphate. Which is what glucose gets converted to during the prep phase of glycolysis. The final product in the prep phase being glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate. Thus fructose has the same fate as glucose.

What you seem to not to understand is how concentrate effects you. Yes too much sugar is bad, too much of anything is bad. The fructose itself is not bad, too much is

Hes right tho

Some Sup Forumstards get their jimmies real rustled when you don't conform to their narrow, elitist view of acceptable internet conduct.

Pretty ironic since they're usually pretty OK with loli, gore, traps etc...

No. It's shit like this. The brown and yellowish shit was supposed to be cheese and the bread was hard as a rock. I'm 16 and I'm in 11th grade at a Southern California high school and it's a nightmare when it comes to food

I don't believe this is the average French school lunch. Also: pie, high fat meat, vegetables with cream sauce, refined white bread with high fat cheese. This meal isn't exactly healthy. It is high in simple carbs, saturated fats, and low in protein.

>still caring enough about school cafeteria meals that'd motivate you to move
underage b&, the lot of you

This is thanks to the new lunch programs you can blame on michelle obama. When I was going to school burgers still sucked but nothing on this level. You younger guys truly have it worst these days in regards to school lunches.

Also mods this guy is clearly underage here.

First google hit:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15181085
What you said is correct but chronic fructose ingestion will lead to a build up of those intermediaries in the liver which get removed though de-novo fatty acid synthesis.

Since you seem to appreciate the biochemistry, watch the lecture in the video (it gets heavy on the biochemistry) and understand it for yourself.

And yes the dose makes the poison but people these days are practically drowning themselves in HFCS every day.

Fuck gatorade. I only drink brawndo

who gives a shit bout school lunches anyways? it's not like there isn't a healthy menu next to the shitty one. and if you care that much more you'd be packing your own lunches anyways. if your kid picks cheeseburgers over a healthy homemade meal, you either suck at cooking or you're a terrible parent

>user was banned for this post

True. Also b8

When I was in middle school we had a Mexican that sold candy and soda in the cafeteria. You where able to visit it when you exited the main food line. Mexican was named Cesar and would even front you candy then try and shake you down at the end of the week. I believe it was around 98-01

TRUEST TRIPS

Teacher again. Trips have spoken. You can always tell which kids have a good home life because they bring their own healthy lunch.

no

>Samefagging this hard

They *sell* fries, gatorade, and candy to kids at school. There are a plethora of other options as well.

>I'm 16
aaaaand underage b&

And the paper your paper is citing about fructose and insulin response is for when only fructose is available. In the presence of other sugars an insulin response does happen. You almost never consume one kind of sugar

True - but that's not the child's fault. They should still be fed healthy food while in school despite what's going on at home.

This post is probably bait, but...

Tomato is a fruit, not a vegetable. Corn is a starch, not that any nutritional value could be derived from corn syrup to begin with.

Educate yourself.

Ok so you consume 100g HFCS and you get same the insulin response as if you'd only consumed 45g of glucose. But you ate the whole 100g of energy but your body doesn't see 55g of them for purposes of appetite regulation. And now you're probably still hungry.

So even biochemistry aside fructose-containing sugars (HFCS, sucrose) lead to overeating

It's not bait. The second part was a joke, but the first part was 100% true in many school districts. Growing up, both pizza and french fries counted as vegetables in my district (in WV) because of the shitty food guidelines.

>soda in the school vending machine
If only. Just water, Apple and orange juice, powerade, and sparkling water.

They recently reformed it because of Michele obama. We used to have good shit to eat for lunch and you could buy a soda for like 2 fucking dollars extra. Anything to make more money.

Pizza and french fries were indeed counted as "vegetables" in many school districts to avoid the cost of having to serve actual, healthy food.

But once glycolysis is kicked on it won't care if it grabs fructose or glucose. So also long as the glucose is there to trigger things it will be fine.

My schools had contracts with Dominos to deliver pizza once or twice a week