I'm trying to get off listening to extreme metal but normie music is so boring

I'm trying to get off listening to extreme metal but normie music is so boring.

Can you recommend me some non-normie music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S-GEbbgT5Io
youtube.com/watch?v=lIZ3eGcp9Yg
youtu.be/IvwUy6jfc8M
youtube.com/watch?v=nmOXBYklMdk
daddysboywantsu.bandcamp.com/releases
youtube.com/watch?v=UHnXRtIYpkE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

iannis xenakis

>xenakis
>not babbies-first-glissando-core

I've been listening to this for the past 8 minutes and it sounds like the insides of a dishwasher. Not quite sure what the appeal is.

youtube.com/watch?v=S-GEbbgT5Io

you asked for non-normie music my friend

True. I've come across a few people who like this ambient sound, don't really get it myself

That looks like the background to a metal bands logo.

In what genre?

how does it sound like the inside of a dishwasher? there is obvious grouping and structure. why are you choosing to ignore it?

you ever try any progressive electronics?

youtube.com/watch?v=lIZ3eGcp9Yg

Let me just say this because I wanted to get it off my chest
People on this board way overestimate normies. Back in high school, StuCo played music over the PA during the passing periods on fridays, and one time I got to be in charge of it. I played what I thought was good but approachable normie music: Michael Jackson, Curtis Mayfield, Kate Bush, Television, They Might Be Giants, some J Dilla instrumentals, Talking Heads (Speaking in Tongues era), White Stripes... that's all I can think of but people fucking hated it. They called me names and shit. The teachers too, one was like "I guess I'm getting old, I don't get this kind of music" when it was literally from 1979. The next time I played old nolstagic TV themes and people loved that shit. Normies do NOT want to hear ANYTHING outside of convention EVER. Do not get that twisted.

Why are you trying to get off extreme metal?
prog electronic is cool though, 70s-80s electronic is boss shit in general, especially 90s death industrial (the little that I've heard).

is this pasta?

Sup Forums is a race to the bottom, we all feel some sort of superiority for our taste in music, so everything less obscure than what we listen to is "normie". It's just a way of maintaining our idea that we're in a fringe group.

But yes, actual normies listen to pop music, and strictly pop music, beacuse they don't really care about music.

Only Prog Elec I really listen to is E2-E4, just seemed like somthing he might like

Don't listen to this fag. I told my guidance counselor that I like Kate Bush and she sucked my dick.

The point is don't play any remotely challenging music in front of 800 people at once. I actually had a cool moment with the Vice principal who recognized Talking Heads

>beacuse they don't really care about music.
This, I don't get why people complain about normies music taste. Of course they only listen to vapid shit, because they aren't fans of music. It's the same reason people who aren't into movies only watch popular shit, or people who aren't into food eat mostly fast food (aside from money issues). The "high quality" stuff is only really interesting to those who are interested in the relevant medium, "normies" (which is a retarded term btw) don't listen to Neutral Milk Hotel not because they are somehow less intelligent or uncultured, but because they aren't into music and if they listen to it, they want some simple stuff to put on in the background, not some indie guy screaming his head off about jesus and anne frank.

>Implying normalfags don't like p4kcore
>Implying Sup Forumscore isn't just the musical equivalent of Infinite Jest, Murakami and Vonnegut

So was that supposed to be a reply to my post or...?

It's responding to your claim that normies don't listen to NMH you mongoloid

there is no excuse for having shit taste
if you're not into something you don't do it
but if you do it you are supposed to have a good taste

>i am not interested in films
>i don't watch films at all
is fine

>i am not interested in films
>i watch shit films
is not forgivable

just google "best albums of the 70s" and have fun
stop being edgy and realize the music you listen to doesn't define you as a person, and nobody gives a fuck how many obscure bands you can list off the top of your head except on Sup Forums

There is a difference between normies music fans, and normies who don't give a shit about music. Normie music fans listen to NMH, normies at your school who have no interest in music don't. Sup Forums constantly conflates the two.
How severe is your autism and what meds do you take for it?

Normalfags are normalfags.

The term normalfag is a fucking meme that has no meaning outside of the internet, even trying to be precise about its meaning is retarded because it's a complete waste of time because there is no such thing as a normalfag.

Spoken like a true normalfag. Who cares about whether something only has meaning on the internet. You probably use the phrase "real life" unironically you cuck.

Spoken like a true autist
most normies have better taste than this shit board

Oh boy it's the normalfaggot internet defense force, come to defend the reputation of a group defined by a term that supposedly doesn't matter.

>spoken like a true normalfag
I'm actually a black metal autist who's secondary genre is mostly dungeon synth, I'm just not literally autistic enough to think that terms like normalfag, fedoralord, or autist have any real meaning to them outside the internet. The entire normie thing is an /r9k/ meme that went out of control, it's sad to see people actually taking it seriously now.

>real meaning

Golden age Peter Frampton is a better than any Sup Forumscore artist but he's considered normie music

>le ghostbuster meme
back to left pol dude.

Not an argument

thats the joke dumbshit
jesus christ

living in dissonance

ITT:// why this isn't the best band ever

ITT:// why you are bad

youtu.be/IvwUy6jfc8M

neither is your post
You need to not let memes get to your head, there is life out there (even on the internet) outside the Sup Forums/reddit memeosphere.

The argument is in the picture you moron. There's a whole book arguing against your "real" bullshit.

My claim isn't that there is no life outside of the memeosphere. My claim is that that outer life is no different from life on the internet, and the distinction is used solely by low IQ brainlets who speak in assumptions instead of arguments.

Cuck.

Nice was she good

You are delusional if you think most people know most p4kcore

theyre ok, definitely not the best by a long shot

You're correct that there isn't literally a division between internet realities and non internet realities, but different words mean different things in different cultures. The word frappe in the united states does not have meaning outside starbucks and the northeast, because that's what a lot of people in the northeast call milkshakes. It's not that it has no meaning at all, but it's only really useful in those circumstances. Similarly, normalfag doesn't really have useful meaning outside of Sup Forums, reddit, tumblr, and certain facebook and twitter circles related to those sites. If you told Barry Manilow he was a normalfag he would have no idea what you meant.

Language is not universal user. While you are correct that the term normalfag does not exclusively exist on the internet, you are completely missing the point of what I'm saying in attempting to counter with that. Its not that it does not exist, but it is not useful to use with people who do no know the term, which in the large part, is people who don't use the internet, which is why I was arguing that it's an internet term.

But please call me a cuck again and use some more left pol memes, I'm sure if you say enough buzzwords you'll make some sort of sense.

Whats the joke in this pic

Branchpile?

kek

>listens to Branchpile once

Haywyre

Basement Jaxx

Tegan and sara

Ween

Yelle

Orzic Tentacles

*None of these are any type of metal

>"normies" (which is a retarded term btw)
GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEE

99% of Sup Forums posters are normies trying to be cool, despite never going to a house show, never hanging out with cool people, and never having sex with a QT girl with bangs and better musical taste than them.

I have the opposite problem. I'm into normie music and I'm trying to get into metal. Any advice, OP?

>glissando-core
The fuck

parquet courts
thee oh sees
king gizzard & the lizard wizard
dinosaur jr
deerhoof
butthole surfers
talking heads
jeff the brotherhood
fidlar

>having sex
shut up normie, let me listen to dungeon synth alone on a saturday night in peace.

Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet

Not op, but what normie music do you like? I'll reply again in like 20-30 minutes.

I know it's old as hell and pretty normie but this is a fucking solid joke

generally Sup Forums-core garbage. Basically everything in pitchfork core and Sup Forums-core in this chart.

Try agalloch, altar of plagues, gojira, alcest, sunbather, Melvins, My dying bride, electric wizard, Boris, Hacken and Opeth, maybe later Death if you're into it. Then work your way towards shit like Mayhem, Darkthrone, Entombed, and Suffocation. If you really like my dying bride and electric wizard, give sleep and ahab a shot. Or you could be boring and just listen to shit like Megadeth, Metallica, Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden and get into more extreme stuff. Both work, the first way is just a bit more interesting, but harder.

Also remember to listen to at least one Galneryus and Converge album so you have some basis that the traditional metal canon won't give you.

Have fun user :3c

I tried jane doe and really really hated it. I was okay with metallica. I'll be sure to try the other stuff you recommended. Thanks so much! I really appreciate it :)

this thread is hilarious

hey man the essentials may be ubiquitous and entry-level but they sure ain't garbage

Any reason why you hated it?

Rec first-rate contemporary art music.

this is going to sound really pleb, and I'm super sorry in advance. I couldn't make out any words or discernible melody? Maybe I didn't listen to enough of it but it just sounded like loud yelling. Maybe that's what it's supposed to sound like, and I just have to get used to it, but at the time I listened to it (a few years ago), it just sounded like a lot of nothing and I really couldn't get into it.

i loved You Fail Me but i still don't really like Jane Doe

Listen to Black Sabbath, they're the best and they will open the door to the other stuff. Then Iron Maiden and judas priest and then you choose wether to delve in the traditional or the extreme.

maybe I'll try that instead then, thanks man

>I couldn't make out any words or discernible melody? Maybe I didn't listen to enough of it but it just sounded like loud yelling
Jesus titty fucking christ, yeah go the second rout senpai. Maybe listen to some blackgaze but I'm not even sure if you're up for that.
I mean jane doe isn't even their best album, but converge doesn't have any bad albums, and them along with Botch are essential "I don't like metalcore but" bands.

Yeah dude, I'm super sorry about being such a pleb, all the music I most enjoy tends to be sort of quiet and simple, it's just a really radical change for me.

i mean don't be sorry, that's where most people are, I just didn't think it was that much of a shift for you. Definitely listen to classic heavy metal, maybe add in some melo death and power metal in there. Also look into blackgaze to get accustomed to harsh vocals. I'm kinda curious why you want to get into extreme metal though, it seems like the opposite of what you want.

Try this, user: youtube.com/watch?v=nmOXBYklMdk

Jesus christ Sup Forums is pretty bad but atleast they can usually spot b8 when they see it. Is this your first time here newfriend?

In case my post wasn't obvious enough, it's b8.

I just kind of want to branch out. All the music I listen to sounds the same, I just want some variety in my tastes. I really liked shoegaze, so if blackgaze is similar I may give that a shot.

Thats actually right up my alley! Thanks my man. Not metal, but its definitely going into my collection!

You're welcome.

>act like a retard
>it was bait
Are you new? Because you don't know how to troll properly, you're doing this neo trolling where people say things they don't mean but do it in a totally serious manner and then at the end say "i was joking wow aren't you stupid!". There is a reason that one of the first 2008 serial meme pages was called "The art of trolling", because as reddit as it sounds, trolling really is an art, and it's totally lost today.
Definitely look at blackgaze then, that might be exactly what you're looking for.

I thought the joke was metal is for faggots.

daddysboywantsu.bandcamp.com/releases

This is all you need senpai

>being this buttmad
lmao

You made a mistake playing Television and Talking Heads

youtube.com/watch?v=UHnXRtIYpkE

Get into Neo-Folk and Post-Rock