Keep it Jazzy

Never really listen to much jazz before but very much enjoyed Kamasi Washinton.

Where should I go from here?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/UOnmchuMQws
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Thank you gg

Kamasi is in the realm of spiritual jazz, so you might like Pharoah Sanders and Alice Coltrane. I think it's also good to start from the beginning and go forward in time. It'll change the way you listen to Kamasi. Learn the names of the musicians who play behind the big names and check out their respective works.

This chart is so unorganized. Get rekt.

This album is so fucking self-indulgent

Real Jazz.

youtu.be/UOnmchuMQws

you're welcome

>i've never liked jazz before, but I really like The Epic
You are literally a meme.

1959=jazz started 1979=R.I.P jazz goodbye...

To your grave fagoot. Kumasi washington suuuuucks.

>F# pentatonic

bit of an odd request, but does anyone have any jazz recommendations that are quite ambient.

sort of like Keith Jarret's more ethereal, sparse sounds.

would that be found in more fusion-y work?

anything at all to go on would be great

Pat Metheny has some albums like that, especially his early work.

American Garage is a ridiculously cancerous album though, avoid that at all costs.

thanks, i've heard some of his stuff before but will dig a little deeper

i'm looking for stuff with as little drums as possible, bit of tricky one.

You know, I thought this album was pretty good after I heard it the first time and thought people were just being contrarians here who said it was shit, but after listening to it 3 more times this year, I have to say that it just doesn't really have any relistenability the way a good jazz album should.

And I have to agree with what many people have said that, even though the pieces are nice sometimes, Kamasi is a really basic soloist and his playing gets really repetitive. I'm definitely not an expert on modern jazz but I've heard enough to know that there's way better stuff than this out there.

definitely, but the fact that a decent jazz artist can attract so much attention in the [current age] is pretty impressive, considering how smooth "jazz" has been dominating jazz over the past few decades. hopefully there'll be more innovative artists rising

Is there any Jazz that doesn't sound terribly dated?

like 90% of jazz music what the fuck, jazz is one of the genres least harmed by aging

You mean 90% sounds like something you'd hear in an elevator?

>its another faggot thinking smooth jazz is jazz episode

Art Blakey ain't no smooth jazz but it's elevator as fuck.

i'd love it if they played a night in tunisia at full volume in an elevator desu

Why does Sup Forums hate Kamasi? He's not amazing but it's nice to see a newer jazz artist get some shine in the mainstream

Bump cause jazz will never die

It's frustrating to see everybody cream their jeans about him when there are so many more deserving artists.

Just go to RYM and look how many people say something about how Kamasi is saving jazz or something who haven't listened to more than one or two other jazz albums from the past five years.

How can an album be cancerous?

>lol no peach orchard

kys