Why does Sup Forums hate Tool?

Why does Sup Forums hate Tool?

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/8104-lateralus/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fool

I like Right in Two based on the fact it's nostalgic.

They're more well received here now than they were 6 or 7 years ago

Contrarian fag-herds of non-muscial Sup Forumstards. Tool is great.

probably because they are trolling their fans with the next album

Sup Forums like them

'something something reddit tibs benora'
Admittedly a fair chunk of the fans are assholes but that doesn't stop people liking DG and Kanye. Also kind of funny they get saddled with the euphoric atheist thing when the lyrics are heavily centered around spirituality and collectivism.

>It's Chevelle, but with a few odd time signatures and psychedelic lyrics that try way too hard

Hmm...

I don't understand why anyone would like this soft-rock dronefest.

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/8104-lateralus/

because of that basically

Smaller fanbase. Less degenerate autists to deal with.

WHY DON'T YOU KIDS LIKE THE TOOL?

>tfw the only bands my friend listens to are Tool and anything to do with Maynard James Keenan
what do Sup Forums

It's what a stupid person thinks clever music sounds like.

get him into om, the vocalist sounds similar and they both get off on pretentious bullshit and stonery vibes. but om is actually good at it

>because p4k says so

>this is what non-musical Sup Forumsbags actually tell themselves

>user doesn't play a classical instrument and thinks he understands music more in depth than non-musical normals

When will this meme end?

>classical intstrument

That's literally nonsense. Anything you can play on a "classical" guitar, you can play on an acoustic or electric. A steel string acoustic and electric are arguably more versatile than a nylon string classical in fact.

Holy ever living fuck dude. That's the first p4k review I've ever read and it was even more pretentious garbage than I could have dreamed of. This is why hipsters are hated.

I listened to tool and didn't enjoy it. I guess many other people on Sup Forums did the same.

What would have made sense, is if you said "doesn't play classical music" You outed yourself as a poser.

>there are people who really, truly believe this

we hate tool bc maynard came out against trump and this is a trump board

Tell me what you can do with a nylon string classical that you can't do with a steel string acoustic, I'll wait.

>trump board
>constant nigger praise and posting
>constant liberal values being tossed around in threads

Fanbase mainly, they try to make them seem way more "deep" than what they actually are, and what they aim for. Their music is well crafted though.

Don't really know any bands that sound like them either.

I honestly cannot fucking understand why anyone gives a fuck about a fanbase when they determine whether or not they like a band. I listened to Tool and liked them before I knew their fans had some reputation. It does not fucking matter, are these people still in high school? That is some cliquey high school bullshit, I'm a grown man and I'm gonna die someday, if you think I am going to pretend I don't like a band because of something that petty you're out of ya fucking mind

I've never said I agree with that, it's just to show how much of a stupid drone is the average person on Sup Forums

The implication given when saying "I play a classical instrument" is that they read, comprehend and play classical music.

Agree completely.

I agree, I just had to make a remark because I can't fucking believe how full of shit that review is. It's almost satire. Cheers bud.

Doubtful.

You can't play in a (respectable) orchestra.

>Talks about how much he loves the album based on his life experiences
>1.9
Was he being sarcastic or something, I really don't understand what he was trying to accomplish here

i don't understand why people shit themselves over this soft rock dronefest

That's strictly due to its tone and the sound they want from the ringing of nylon strings as opposed to steel. It has literally nothing to do with the playability or capability of the instrument in performing pieces or styles.

This is why I know that you're full of shit.

He explains that in the beginning. He's basically telling a "pitiful tale".

The drumming on Aenema is amazing. completely overlooked. Tool is very good, BUT they are not easy to revisit once you've milked them. Lateralus isn't as good as they wanted you to think.

That was a music review? The narrator just told a fake story and made ironic jokes. How is this site even taken seriously?

I seriously can't fucking believe that's a real review and a real website that people take seriously.

The difference is in the learning. Say someone plays the Euphonium. That person doesn't just pick up an instrument like that. You're introduced to it by a teacher/professional and trained by said teacher/professional for years while effectively perfecting everything you do and everything related to that instrument.

The commitment and knowledge that comes with learning a classical instrument isn't common for someone who plays the instruments you list. You cling to a meaningless variable.

The meaningless variable here is the difference between a nylon and a steel string acoustic guitar with different shaped cut-outs. You faggots pick fights over the most ridiculous and arbitrary bullshit. It's all cliqueyness, there is no substance or logical justification for arguments on this board, it's drawing imaginary lines between instruments, genres etc. and defending your side. I seriously feel like I stepped into a school lunchroom cafeteria whenever I come here.

>Still clinging to "classical guitar"

lol

I play acoustic and electric fuckbag, read the conversation.

And what have you been comparing those instruments to?

If you thought that one was bad wait till you read his review of Kid A.

i like tool but maynards lyrics are unbelievably cringey

Because they're actually good

I like Tool, but Maynard is a huge cunt

I like Maynard, but Tool is a huge cunt

I like tool but people take it too seriously

I've never been more confused

It seemed like he was telling an earnest story about how much he loves the album and the music interlaced with sarcastic jokes about how good it is

what a crock of shit

They attract the edgy "muh humor is superior" autists who think they're geniuses for listening to Bill Hicks and George Carlin and reading about how clever Tool's song structures and lyrics are.

>i-it's not 13/8, it's 6.5/4!!!! we're really smart guise, seriously!
Nah but I don't have a problem with them, just not a fan of the music.

Introduce him to Grimes. Every serious Tool fan I've met to date has an instant affinity with Grimes.

>I hate Tool because of their pretentious fanbase
>I like Nirvana
>I like Radiohead
>I like Death Grips
>I like Kanye

Sup Forums

proto-nu-metal shit

Pretentious and braindead are not synonymous.

Incredibly sensitive pitch-bends. And unmatchably warm, rich timbres. It's extremely difficult having to go back to a steel stringed acoustic or electric after getting to play a decent nylon-string classical for a while desu. Because of the lack of soul.

Because A Perfect Circle is so much better.

>THE TOOL

newfaggot