(2 orders of magnitude)
3. Pretty Hate Machine
(1 order of magnitude)
4. With Teeth
5. Year Zero
6. Hesitation Marks
7. Ghosts
8. The Slip

Why did strip away so much texture and detail from his music after The Fragile? Everything after chronologically sounds so vastly inferior.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3lbFfiLAj_A
youtube.com/watch?v=xLPcE-5YWKI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Why did strip away so much texture and detail from his music
Adding many layers is basically songwriting insecurity.
It's the feeling that your songs are too shitty to just be the melody and a harmonic accompaniment, so you keep piling on sounds to take the focus away from the song itself.

t. Someone who uses too much texture.

His music was much more enjoyable and interesting before With Teeth.

Ridiculously so.

The new EP sounds interesting, at least. Hesitation Marks, The Slip, and Year Zero are all pretty bad.

Also, I had no idea that Reznor was a manlet, that's awesome.

tfw your totally chill wife is fine with you fingerbanging Big Red at the Oscars.

one day we'll all make it

I don't know why you guys are feeling the need to shit on Hesitation Marks. It's quite possibly the grimmest work Reznor has ever released, and yes, I am factoring in The Fragile.

suprised he went for an SEA wife which everyone knows are easy

HM is defo one of his underrated works, don't mind the retardness

>The Fragile

it was a huge let down after the awesomeness of PHM, TDS, Broken

She's really attractive though like an 8.5/10, I doubt Trent needs easy puci

>She made me a normie, Grandpa. Are you happy now?

nah mariqueen is such a meme I bet she made his life wonderfully bizarre

>you will never have a wife who spent 36 months of her life bearing your children and coming out of it still looking fucking great.

According to /an/ he lost his true love long ago.

RIP Daisy May

>now that you have gone away
>I'm just trying to find my way

i've always dismissed nin as marilyn manson tier angsty nu-metal (probably because they were affiliated somehow back in the day, and on the basis of head like a hole), are they actually worth listening to? reznor seems like a decent bloke

you're really missing out

cheers, i'll check them out

What's odd is most of the more popular edgefests seem to have something going on behind it. Slipknot are a much better band masquerading as a shitty pop act, and Manson during his heyday actually did have a point behind the edge which was trying to kill the creepy idolification of Rock stars, which he did, but only briefly. He's pretty much shriveled since then it seems like.

Reznor made Manson, so I can see your concern. The thing is, he hated the nu-metal scene that popped up around him and grew to despise Manson. But unlike Manson and the Nu Metal scene, he knew how to evolve and grow as an artist.

Pretty Hate Machine can come off as cringe, but it was a product of the time and where he was at. You should definitely give him a listen. At least watch Woodstock 94 as a primer for the early years.

youtube.com/watch?v=3lbFfiLAj_A

Young Trent was cute. CUTE.

youtube.com/watch?v=xLPcE-5YWKI

you're on to something here. it's not fair of me to dismiss manson entirely either desu, i've always been drawn to his mechanical animals era and his rather unique stature in rock music. it's just that the later this is the new shit/mobscene stuff rustles my shit to no end. last time i heard the guy he was coming out with a song called armafuckingeddon or something and i wanted to chop my own head off it was so fucking bad

i was a massive slipknot fan back in the day! even saw them in concert around subliminal verses (sans the guy with the spikes)
always thought they wrote far more solid songs than they were given credit for. not yet ripe for mainstream rediscovery, though, are they?

thank you very much! i love woodstock 94 for a myriad of other reasons so i'll definitely watch that

i've lurked a couple of nin threads before, posters seem very, uh, civil and friendly. i'll take that as a good sign

You should check out Downward Spiral and Antichrist Superstar. They are the best albums of their respective artists and the latter is basically an NIN album feat. Manson

How American is Trent Reznor?

He's from Ohio, so he's as generically american as you can get.

Trent seems like an okay guy.

Do you mean how Jewish he is?

>Reznor was born in New Castle, Pennsylvania, the son of Nancy Lou (née Clark) and Michael Reznor. He has English, German, and Irish ancestry.

>Irish

early slipknot and antichrist superstar manson are both godtier desu

I only like NIN because I like electronic music. I really hate the uber homo goth industrial scene he's often associated with.

His irishness explains him being 5'7.

That's primarily the fans of his 1989 - 1994 music, who genuinely wished he died while making The Fragile so that he would never grow up and try new things like their hero.

Yeah. I often see comments about how he sucks now because he's happy, and that better music comes from being a miserable edgelord.

yfw in 15 years nine inch nails is going to be a family band with his wife, four kids, Uncle Atticus, Robin, Josh Alessandro and himself.

Ilan, not Josh.

nice trips man

The funny thing is they seem to mistake the clean and upbeat sounds of everything from With Teeth to Hesitation Marks as happy music, when all of it is by far more grim then Spiral or Hate Machine