I've never been to a show

What does it feel like ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G64zKIFHFV4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

like fuck

Unless you're a fan, you're just going to stand there for two hours pretending you dig the music while you get pushed, and touched by strangers, sometimes feeling their cocks as they try to get by from behind you. You'll also have to feel some sweaty and dirty skin from people that touch you and smell bad.

Like dis youngboy

youtube.com/watch?v=G64zKIFHFV4

Like listening to music alone except you'll get hearing damage, you have to stand for hours, you'll come home smelling like sweat and weed, and you'll probably get shot by a North African immigrant if you're in Europe.

If you live in the US or europe and never gone to a show you are either too lazy or poor, there is literally hundreads of opportunity to go to shows all year long. Do yourself a favor and go to a show

Shows never top albums.

wear proper earplugs if you care about your hearing

gay

Shows give a more visceral experience and new perspective for songs, for example listening to Painting With live is better than the record, and meeting your favorite artists live and maybe greeting them after the gig is really cool

This is insanely wrong. Are you literally arguing that no bands sound better live then they do recorded?

they are absolute trash. too loud, drinks are expensive as fuck, sound EQ is always waaaay off, the speakers they use if it's a non guitar band are almost always fucking garbage, too many people, have to travel to venue.
nothing redeemable about the whole process.

Fantastic if you're not an antisocial fuckup like 75% of Sup Forums.

Check and see if your favorite artist is playing nearby, you won't regret it.

I'd like to go to metal or punk concert but where I live everything's trash

>antisocial
>on a music board

this
Everyone's sweating, eye contact with the band guys, the tall guy in front of you with his woman laughing at you for being there alone, etc.

Was at a Devon Townsend Project/BTTBAM concert a month ago. Had some dude literally dry humping me and an ogre spitting beer all over his 9/10 gf. Best concert I've ever been to. Would recommend.

I used to go like once every month in high school with my friends, then we stopped hanging out and I stopped going to shows for years.

Just last year I started going again, but alone this time and I am enjoying myself more than ever.

Going to Tokyo soon for the sole purpose of going to underground shows every day in the various live houses around the city.

bags of sand

Anyone here been to a show by themselves? If so share stories/experiences I'm considering doing it in a few months time.

Yeah, on an anonymous Chinese cartoon board.

this.

earplugs bitch

Don't listen to anyone in this thread if you are going to a good band. Who gives a shit if you go alone, get there early and get close and you won't have to deal too much with getting trampled/pushed. If you actually like music then concerts are a more engaging and powerful listening experiences.
Do listen to the earplugs part. I regretted not using them after seeing Boris. Couldn't hear properly for three days.
Went to Boris by myself and it was my favorite concert experience ever. I don't understand, what do people do at shows with their friends? Are you not engaged in the show? Yeah it's fun to have someone to go to the show with, but once you are there you might as well be alone.

I only go to shows alone and I really enjoy it. I think I'm a minority though.

I don't think any of my friends are as into the bands I like seeing as I am so it's nice being able to just go alone have a lot of fun without having to worry that the person I brought along isn't having that good of a time.

been to several hip hop shows with my friends and it has always been fun as hell. Danny brown was so fucking good and I'd definitely want to see him again. I can see how it isnt for anyone but I loved it and think everyone should at least try it once with some friends that can let loose and have fun.

That's exactly what I'm saying. Albums are finely crafted to perfection. Shows are enjoyable sure, but never top the actual album.

Why not just go to a party? It would be cheaper.

You'll be fine. Concerts are a great way to meet people and have light conversations, or just keep to yourself and mind your own business. Nobody cares.

A lot of people end up alone at concerts, because they get separated or their friend leaves to get drinks, etc. If you're embarrassed by it just say your friends bailed last minute or something.

Not sure why you'd ask this. You're there to see an artist you enjoy. Sure you can socialize and do similar things to what you do at parties, but ultimately you're there for the artist.