Anyone else following the Rugby 7s this Olympics? Reckon it has a shot of sticking around as an Olympic sport...

Anyone else following the Rugby 7s this Olympics? Reckon it has a shot of sticking around as an Olympic sport? I mean if fucking handball can, Rugby can too.

Other urls found in this thread:

olympics.cbc.ca/video/live/rugby-aug-men-placings-and-semifinals.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

PLEASE

Only two sports have been dropped in the last 80 years.

Don't see why not, it's a growing sport, especially in the US, and Japan where the next Summer games are

Handball is elite you gay faggot.

Japan is also hosting the next Rugby World Cup.

I reckon it will stay around since it's something pacific micronations can actually compete in.

Like a country like Fiji which has never won a medal despite attending the Olympics since the fifties has a solid chance for gold which is pretty neat

Should drop it.

If the best players aren't in it, whats the point?

We sent our Z team and almost won it. A bit farcical if you ask me, might as well cancel the medal matches because they don't mean shit.

too soon

Brodie Retallick would be useless in sevens, nigger is too big and slow and dumb

Fuck putting all blacks like SBW into our sevens team is what fucked us, they had no clue what to do on the field and just got in the way of the actual sevens players

I've never watched a rugby game before in my life, but have loved the hell out of Rugby 7s in the Olympics. Definitely think it should stick around. Honestly don't see a reason why it wouldn't.

>Z team
>Almost won it

Really? You went 1-3. Only reason you made QF is because USA missed a conversion.

>almost won it
>1-3

It's funny how many kiwis are whinging about getting knocked out of the games. Australia did just as poorly but you don't see us crying.

I just hope Fiji or Japan win gold, because fuck GB and SA.

reminder all our good players decided super rugby was more important than sevens

You're only telling half the story there sunshine.

Sure we're wingeing, as we have every right to, based on the (former) elite standards the sevens team and AB's in general hold themselves to and are held to by the public.

Almost to a person, everyone I spoke to about it today also was full of praise for Fiji and wished them well and hoped they won the gold.

I know it's not going to fit your narrative, but life goes on, as will this sevens tourny.

Yes it's more fun to watch than all the other stupid ball sports

And it doesn't drag on for hours

rugby a shit

shut up

STATSGOD
T
A
T
S
G
O
D

>

bump

Absolutely seething, you got rekt m8 deal with it.

>Anyone else following the Rugby 7s this Olympics?
no

Like a nation that can't hold its shit would be allowed in a scrum

Handball is a big sport in Europe. Just look at Germany, France, Poland...

In central europe and balkans

Who gives a fuck?

More than 100M people.

It should. I'm watching Olympic fucking ping pong for fuck's sake.

Lol prove 100m+ people like handball, that is complete lies lol

I'm just saying how many people live there. That means that as long as this sport is popular there, it wont go anywhere from the OG. They invest to much to gain so little

Yea so the amount of people that watch it is considerably less

US is matched up against Spain right now. Spain already scored and it looks like the US think they're still playing American handegg.

Is this the rugby 7's thread?

starts in 30 mins

More or less. But 7 minutes? It's streaming placing and semi final right now on CBC website.

stream?

olympics.cbc.ca/video/live/rugby-aug-men-placings-and-semifinals.html

kenya btfo brazil lol

Carlin Isles is one fast mf

spain have been damn good tbf lads

Is Brazil even good at rugby?

Women's was comfy because of how shit everyone was except NZ, then in the semis everything went batshit crazy

Great event, terrible sport

God no but they're improving.

That one guy with his rolling recovery wad just amazing

how about rugby 11s with two 30 minute halves as a new standard?

it would be a fair compromise between the speed of 7s and whatever it is union tries to accomplish

Isles quintessential meme player.

so annoying how USA is just borderline shitty
guess we rely too much on memes like Isles

They've got serious talent but you can see the rugby patterns and playstyle doesn't come as natural to them as Fiji for example.

>poopeeland v france

They beat the US in 15s not that long ago

Now this I gotta see.

haha, this rugby commentator is rubbish, he's cracking me up

iplayer?

can nz sink any lower?

>lying in the middle of a ruck
>picks up ball and places it

holy shit our team is so bad kill me now why am i watching us lose again

let's see in the next 7mins

Something really satisfying about NZ playing shit in any form of rugby

>BBC stream is dying
fuck off

kiwis getting stronger

>that french manlet
lmao

>5th (fifth)
>the proud 'rugby nation' of new zealand

his dummy tricked the cameraman too

>poo peeland are beating the mighty rugby nation of france
damn...

So do yo guys think they'll ever bring 15's into the Olympics? Or is it just a matter of the games being too long?

No where near enough recovery time

15s is too taxing to play all these games with so little rest. Also they'd have to decide between union and >league, plus other problems.

Poo peeland on pooicide watch

This

I want to see more of it. I've been tuning in to see all the matches

also I think that 7s is much marketable considering that a large part of the audience are not familiar with it

theres been some talk here of getting 30 a side in, were you make the sidelines the goal area and play a wide short field with 60 men.

/Imoff/

Yea 7's is literally rugby lite. No real rucking, no mauls, no proper scrumming, crap lineouts, much less territorial kicking

I want to see it but it would be horrific

7's rucking is so much better than 15's. The breakdown has flowed like a dream.

Its not better or worse its just different

>Argies

I'd love it if they reverted the six nations to a sevens tournament one year

>reverted

not the right word..

>imoff
>3 games
>3 yellow cards
get your shit together juan

converted? averted?
help me lad, 'changed' sounds plebbish

Been the only thing I've been really following this Olympics and I never even watched rugby before. Really fun to watch, looking forward to the semis in 20 bings.

transmogrified

It should have never been added to the Olympics. Not enough relevant countries play this sport worldwide, it's a regional niche sport that has no place at the Games.

This is just the IOC capitulating to muh diversity is strength meme and adding irrelevant sports that irrelevant countries are good at so they feel important and make money for the IOC.

I feel the same way about baseball btw.

This is official rugby thread or just discussion?

>handball
>basketball

Don't worry lad your team did pretty good

What's there to discuss? Great Britain aren't playing yet.

7's if friendlier to casual viewers, and as others said: 15s requieres too much rest time.

argie comeback

>Ausfalia

Argentina v Australia

dem knock ons

We really should make a proper thread

False

I like Argentina тbh, I feel like they're the Australia of the Latin world

BASED

ALL WHITES VS ALL BLACKS

top lel

Pathetic from the Aussies. They should've let our girls play, would've done a much better job.

>straya

damn