Ethiopian Swimmer places last 59/59 with a time 17 seconds slower than the winner...

Ethiopian Swimmer places last 59/59 with a time 17 seconds slower than the winner. Explain to me why this fat fuck gets to take a spot from a swimmer that deserves it

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/08/10/an-olympic-swimmer-with-a-dad-bod-is-being-body-shamed/
fina.org/content/ethiopian-swimming-federation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

hes the only ethiopian that can swim

holy shit, if I move to Ethiopia I can compete.

Because muh diversity

you have to live there for three years I believe

forget the exact rules

I feel like ethiopia should be able to do better. It's not the famine-striken 90s anymore.

This.

Looks like a NFL player

The sporting federations, in this case FINA, reserve places in each spot in the olympics for countries to fill. Countries set their own qualification criteria. This guy qualified fair and square. If you don't like the olympics then you are welcome to fuck off and not come. London 2012 were the worst games I can recall and I can remember Atlanta.

Clearly, just look at that guy. Maccas for breakfast everyday.

washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/08/10/an-olympic-swimmer-with-a-dad-bod-is-being-body-shamed/
>body-shaming
My fucking god.

There's nothing wrong with recognizing that there are hundreds, even thousands more prepared, tailored and worthy of an olympic event.

There is something wrong with our country when shit like this is being published by a major outlet. What a fucking joke.

I will root for this jolly fellow in any of his events

I don't understand how federations chose some of the people that gets to go the Olympics

One of our long jumpers is in the top 30 of that discipline, has a medal in a world championship, but is not going, and some ching chong or whatever is going and he can't even break the 8 meter mark

We also have some runners that don't even break the top 300 times in their discipline, and they are in Rio

Bunch of bullshit

except they're not talking about that. they're talking about people that are insulting his physique by calling him a fat fucking cow whale. not the people that are saying "someone more qualified could have taken his place" and simply leaving it at that. because if you read the article they're not talking about how his time, they're strictly talking about his physique

this is the most literal sense of the combination of words "body shaming." he is being shamed. because his body is shit. because it is, it's fucking shameful

sorry that you're so fucking primed to want to lash out against tumblr faggots and throw everyone's favorite phrases around that they've infiltrated your very reading comprehension

you're as annoying as the intolerable sjws

>And still others noted that Habte is the, ahem, son of the president of the country’s swimming federation.

Is that all you need?

>in this case FINA, reserve places in each spot in the olympics for countries to fill. Countries set their own qualification criteria.

That isn't quite true. After the thing with "The Eel" at last years olympics they required that you had a certain amount of points in international competitions.

>they're talking about people that are insulting his physique by falling him a fat fucking cow whale
Because he's an olympic athlete. Seriously, you've got to be daft as all fucking hell if you think people would waste a moment of their time talking about his body if he weren't an olympic swimmer. You clearly don't understand this, and neither does the article so I suppose you're both fucking idiots.

He hid all the village's food out on an island that's why he's so fat but all other Ethoipians are so skinny

>Explain to me why this fat fuck gets to take a spot from a swimmer that deserves it

>Habte’s father is in fact the President of the Ethiopian Swimming Federation.
fina.org/content/ethiopian-swimming-federation

>they're not talking about his time, they're strictly talking about his physique
and those two things aren't related at all

>Higuain
>Long before regular season
>HOGUAIN XD
>Top competition a swimmer can compete in
>Actually does look like a swine
>HOW DARE THEY CALL HIM OUT

Ok, listen: if you are an athlete in a discipline based on movement, you have to go out your way to be a fatass. If he's a "lol part-time dentists" that's one thing (maybe) but you know you're going to represent your country in front of the world, at least look like you haven't training by swimming in a pool filled with chocolate shake but you never made it to the other end of the pool because you drink all the shit halfway.

>those comments
god fucking dammit i hate normies

>dedicate my life to swimming, dreaming of making it to the Olympics
>finally after endless training I make it
>at the stadium, first actual competitive swim about to start
>notice some fat fuck next to me
>looks somehow like he'll be in the pool too
>race starts
>fat fuck finishes a full 15 seconds after everyone else and yet the crowd is cheering and chanting his name
people are incredible. i mean just forget about all those athletes who worked to earn the opportunity to compete there right

"This is a shameful act and an insult for Ethiopians. Only few days before the opening ceremony the tplf media has announced that the swimming coach named Abebe Bikila was canceled from Rio because the Swiming president named Kiros Habte must go."

This was a random comment at a youtube video about him. Looks like it was a set-up after all.