youtube.com/watch?v=Q4PQtd__4mI
youtube.com/watch?v=2pyops3UGr4
youtube.com/watch?v=dZPQdZLyHYE
youtube.com/watch?v=qs7f3ssuEjA
youtube.com/watch?v=y38Ec57yMG8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

clemson

Soulja Boy

Cowboys will win the Super Bowl this year.

If Carr couldnt stop Braddy it is up to dem boys

sickle cell

team soulja all day. He paved the way for modern rap. Highly underrated as both an artist and as a hip hop influence. Hes funny as fuck too.

which one has the draco?

Chris Brown didn't make Gucci Bandana.
youtube.com/watch?v=5JVJMwMQFH0

Team Soulja all the way. Also, it's more fun to root for the underdog.

i forgot about this track. Huge hit. Soulja went hard on alot of tracks t.bh. 2 milli is one of my favorites by him

youtube.com/watch?v=Q4PQtd__4mI

What if I hate both musicians and don't know who to root for?

Help me out fellow anons.

On one hand, Chris has a better singing voice but he's more of a dirtbag.

Soulja hasn't released a good song in his life but he seems like the nicer of the two.

Who should I root for, guys?

Obviously Soulja Boy

>Soulja hasn't released a good song in his life
just root for the womanbeater then. We dont need no fake fans on our side

Soulja = Sup Forums
Chris = reddit

>He paved the way for modern rap. Highly underrated as both an artist and as a hip hop influence.
I can't believe people are beginning to believe this. Soulja Boy is not unique or innovative AT ALL, and hasn't been at any point in his career.

All he has done is find an upcoming trend, jump on it, blatantly rip it off and then severe ties with anybody involved. This has been happening even since his Crank Dat days, with Lil B of the Pack.

He's BLATANTLY ripped off the Pack's style of music, Lil Bs style and hype, riff raff, Gucci Mane, plenty of other southern rappers, several younger rappers. I can't even remember everybody, but it's the exact same pattern every time.

I'm not even hating on him, but he is NOT innovative at all. He knows when to strike and steal someone else's hype. I'd still want him to win over Chris Brown, but Brown will down him quickly.

he might not be innovative but he is the reason that style of music blew up into the mainstream in a big way and you cant deny that. Do you remember how popular Crank Dat was? He literally started the dance craze that exists today within rap music with Crank Dat.

Yes perfect example of Soulja's innovative talent.
youtube.com/watch?v=2pyops3UGr4

And I know it's common for rappers to share beats and all that but there's a big difference here. It starts back in 2006 when the Pack released the Vans song and a young Soulja Boy reached out to Lil B asking to do a remix. Nothing happened with the remix but Soulja was following Lil B and biting his material ever since then.

Just before Lil B blew up, after building hype underground, for years, Soulja offers Lil B a big record deal, befriends him and buys him chains and shit. That's when Soulja started blatantly ripping off Lil Bs sound as seen above and with Dre the Creator. As soon as Soulja gained some notoriety and relevancy again, he cut contact with Lil B.

This exact same series of events happened with Riff Raff and a few other rappers, similar shit with Gucci as well.

ok i never said he was innocative per say, Soulja was and always will be more popular than lil b, sorry.

Yes I remember Crank Dat. I was in high school when and used to crank dat everyday. You couldn't escape it.

Back then I used to hate on him but now I respect that he was just a sixteen year old who turned that dumb song into a multi million dollar record deal and has been living off it ever since. But it bothers me when people say he (or anybody) is innovative when they aren't. He didn't even make up the dance.

also, notice how soulja blew up with trap beats and songs meanwhile lil b is still having the worst flow ever on shitty 'underground' beats. Soulja was a pioneer for trap music, cant say lil b was a pioneer for annything mainstream at least.

>sorry
Why? I don't care about what mainstream artist is more successful. If that was the case why would I even be on Sup Forums?

Popularity doesn't always equal good music and i'm sure you know that so I don't see your point. You said Souljas innovative, but he's not.

>You said Souljas innovative
source? i never said that, all i said was that soulja helped the trap scene and rap in general go mainstream, or at least thats what i was trying to say.

>Soulja was a pioneer for trap music
You serious? Nah you can't be.

Give me an example.

i am serious. Can you think of any highly popular trap artist before the era of Gucci, Soulja, TI, etc etc.? Trap is the most popular form of music there is right now, and when you go listen to old 07' soulja...the current songs on the radio sound very similar, i also mentioned the dance craze that comes along with alot of these new rap songs.

idk somebody said that ITT. Actually I guess I took influential to mean innovative but I don't think he's been that influential either. He's present and stays relevant but I don't think he's very influential. Back with his early stuff, yea but that was for a very short time.

nah

You think he invented the dance craze? Give me an example of a Gucci esque trap song by Soulja BEFORE Gucci Mane.

Also that example I gave about Lil B applies to Gucci as well. There was a two year period where Gucci and Soulja were linked up, and Soulja was "going to sign" Gucci, bought him a necklace, while he jacked his style hard. And then, as usual, he never actually paid up and cut contact with Gucci once his songs started doing good without him.

Crank Dat
Gucci Bandana
Pretty Boy Swag
Turn My Swag On

etc. etc. etc.

>You think he invented the dance craze?
no? he helped pioneer it most definitely - in the hip hop world that is

>Give me an example of a Gucci esque trap song by Soulja BEFORE Gucci Mane.
youre missing my point. Im not saying Soulja was the sole person responsible for influencing trap, i literally just grouped them together in my last post.

My main initial point was that lots of people write him off a just a meme, but he actually did help rap, and trap specifically get big and go mainstream. I mean literally all of his music videos have hundreds of millions of views.

chris brown will probably win but it would be a lol to see soulja boy somehow rock him

>sickle cell

most underrated bant itt btw

Not trap. That's swag rap.
And yea I know that's a dumb technicality but swag rap was ripped off from early versions of trap rap, and artists like Young Jeezy, Gucci Mane, etc.

Jeezy and Gucci were hugely successful before the tracks you listed, AND those songs were produced by very popular trap producers.

Speakers going hammer

He pioneered the ringtone era, if you disagree youre mentally retarded

>no? he helped pioneer it most definitely - in the hip hop world that is
You don't know a lot about rap history, do you? I can tell by talking to you that you really haven't been following it for too long, especially underground rap.

A lot of artist's have hundreds of millions of views on their Youtube songs. Does that mean anything other than they have catchy mainstream pop songs? Does that have anything to do with the quality of the music or the history of it.

I'm not saying people weren't inspired by Soulja, but he is NOT, by any stretch, an innovator. He's struggled very hard to stay relevant, and has no artistic integrity.

>He pioneered the ringtone era
Yea I'll give you that.

>Does that have anything to do with the quality of the music or the history of it.
thats not even what we we're talking about

>but he is NOT, by any stretch, an innovator.
again, never said that. nobody did.

you keep going off topic, and ive tried to clarify my point more than once. Whats your deal?

This will be the meme match of the fucking century

As long as you know that Soulja isn't an innovator, it doesn't matter. He isn't the reason any style of music blew up. He may get the credit, but it wasn't him.

He didn't "pave the way for modern rap." He had some popular songs and knew what trends to jump on.

Why do you say that like it's a good thing?

Well he also thinks Soulja Boy invented dancing to rap.

>Soulja Boy invented the dance craze.
You don't know anything about hip hop what the hell lmao. Dance crazes have been a part of every era of hip hop.

Dem Franchize Boyz- Lean Wit it Rock Wit It (2005)

Freak Nasty- Da Dip (1996)
youtube.com/watch?v=dZPQdZLyHYE

69 boyz - Tootsee Roll (1994)
youtube.com/watch?v=qs7f3ssuEjA

Digital Underground- The Humpty Dance (1990)
youtube.com/watch?v=y38Ec57yMG8

His flow in this song is a direct rip off of Shawty Lo.