Thoughts on Tame Impala?

youtube.com/watch?v=3txHPS3LzgY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EdeKRa-tD_E
youtube.com/watch?v=OzoI0l0fRCY
youtube.com/watch?v=wycjnCCgUes
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

they are shit

Thanks for the link OP I've never heard them before!!

Very bland, uninteresting music. Ultra normie shit. I went to a music festival a couple months ago that they headlined and they got a giant crowd of college sluts that became soaked from the presence of Kevin Parker along with tanktop wearing, frat looking douche bags.

fuck all the contrarians, the hate boner only began once Currents was out

Worst band ever oh my god they suck

Brian Jonestown Massacre is better.

Don't waste your time with Tame Impala. Listen to something monolithic and spiritual.

youtube.com/watch?v=EdeKRa-tD_E

youtube.com/watch?v=OzoI0l0fRCY

>methodrone
wannabe loveless. bjm were just trend hoppers like tame impala
>Brian Jonestown Massacre
>monolithic and spiritual.
lolno theyre a middle of the road core psych band

The more popular they get the more I hate them.

Sounds like a personal problem.

That's bc currents wasn't that good of an album

the epitome of Sup Forums

just a bland revivalist band nothing more.

>I came to Sup Forums once Currents came out

Greatest psychedelic band of all time.

Sounds like a personal problem.

>Greatest psychedelic band of all time.
exaggerating much? there are way better neo psych bands out there. you sound like you just started listening to psych today. try vision creation newsun

Are you trying to tell me Boredoms is the greatest psych band of all time?

LMAO!

Willing to BET VCN is the only album from them you've heard.

>Are you trying to tell me Boredoms is the greatest psych band of all time?
no, im effectively saying you sound like you just started listing to psych today if you think bjm is even top 10 psych. youre new

The irony here is incredible!

>i just starting listening to bjm, guys, theyre the greatest psych band ever right??: the post

I mean green text "looks" cool, I guess.

But it doesn't discount the fact that you just tried to recommend VCN as some kind of hidden gym.

Rock novice!

i like them lol

i recommended it because you sound new af and think some boring revivalist garage shit is "le greatest psych ever".
>Rock novice!

>The irony here is incredible!

Gene Simmons says theyre awesome so they must be doin something right

Lol! You recommended it because you think that Boredoms is obscure. So sad! You forgot to mention that more than half of their discography is trash.

Not that you would know that. VCN is the only Boredoms album that you know, because you saw it posted on this board.

Also willing to bet that you don't know who Jack Rose or Ben Chasny or Richard Bishop are either, because you are a psych novice. Dating back to Chocolate Watchband or Pearls Before Swine or Nikhil Banerjee or The George Edwards Group, you are even more hopeless. You name it, I've already listened to it 10 years ago. Brian Jonestown Massacre remains the best psychedelic band of all time.

And here he is, recommending Boredoms. LMAO!

I'm about to smack the fuck out of this little Flaming Lips Pitchfork only approved psych bitch!

>You recommended it because you think that Boredoms is obscure.

>i recommended it because you sound new af

nice projection tho, new

>I am only aware of Pitchfork psych

>gets rightly called out for being new
>"Pitchfork psych!"
pathetic

2 hits of acid and you'd be throwing up and crying.

Quit posting you little teenaged faggot.

Stick to your Flaming Lips and Vision Creation Newsun bitch fest.

lol..

Honestly it sounds like you tried to be condescending to someone who knows more than you and now you're just in damage control. You're posting anonymously so why not just leave the thread.

>try vision creation newsun
Lol...

>say entry level shit like "bjm is the greatest psych band ever"
>get recd an entry level album
stay mad, new

Correct. You recommended an entry level album. Because you are entry level psych. You don't know what else to recommend. You're a novice.

See Anyone who knows psych would recommend Ultimate Spinach or Bo Grumpus or Condello or The Glass Family or Mecki Mark Men to someone who like the Brian Jonestown Massacre.

But nope!

Sup Forums entry level boy is on here recommending Boredoms, a band with very little in common.

Very, very novice.

you are such a fucking boring person kill yourself

i saw tame impala in baltimore with m83 back in june. i left two songs into tame impala's set.

it just sounded like a shittier version of revolver era beatles.

>Sup Forums entry level boy is on here recommending Boredoms, a band with very little in common.
youre hung up on the fact they dont sound the same? no shit because vcn has actual talent behind it, and itd better to rec an album thats actually good to someone as new as you before suggesting shit thats middle of the road core like bjm

Currents was good

Ugh. You're still trying to save face even though I saw right through you.

Sorry but I just have zero respect for anyone who claims to know psych and recommends Boredoms as some kind of hidden gym. You're out of your league here. The fact that you are green texting like a little boy only further emphasizes that fact.

I'm sure there is an Animal Collective thread for you to post in here somewhere. You are boring.

I love you, don't stop posting

i mean come on, you can call tame impala boring, but the music itself is somewhat interesting

youtube.com/watch?v=wycjnCCgUes

tell me this bassline is boring

>music
>spiritual

topkek

If you actually like it, then yeah, obviously it is.

They have good songs but their albums feel like some watered down versions of actually great music

>but there are better psych bands out there!
nobody gives a fuck about neo-psych, kid
tame impala is successful because kevin parker makes straight up bangers
take your genre autism to reddit

you're confused though

reddit loves tame impala because it's shitty indie rock in the vein of the strokes and mumford and sons

>reddit loves tame impala
everybody loves tame impala
only niche redditors care about neo-psych and genre autism

everyone loves limp bizkit and ellie goulding too

music isnt your thing

I enjoy their last album.
The album whatever before was absolute shit.
Elephant still the best they ever did since its tongue in cheek lyrics reminds me of a mix of Beck and TMBG style of lyrics.

>everyone loves limp bizkit and ellie goulding too
lol sure

?

both have sold more records than boring indie rock band tame impala

tame impala has critical acclaim + mainstream success and is somewhat successful with music aficionados. only a few spergs are triggered by their music

yeah they suck and you're a faggot for liking them

enjoy your ed sheeran and the xx

>boring
A normal unironically saying this? Kek.

>I'm such a special snowflake for disliking this somewhat popular band haha
shut up nerd

You're a virgin who likes shitty indie rock congrats

people who listen to tame impala get laid
neo-psych elitists oscilate between beating off compulsively and attempting to go r/NoFap and becoming Superman

>people who listen to tame impala get laid
by dudes

Haha

I was there too. We all left (except for one of us) after M83 finished their set. Apparently there was less than a fourth of the original crowd left when Tame Impala was done with their set.

They're just not well received. I think most people recognize they're a bad Beatles rip off.

nah, by chicks that buy tame impala lana del ray records at urban outfitters to play on their crosley's.

ah

sucks you have to fuck 15 year olds instead of women.

No way I was there too. I thought M83 was so much better, and nobody agreed with me. I actually like Tame Impala a lot, but M83 had a much better stage presence if that makes sense. Plus the sax guy fucking killed it.

I enjoy it to the point of Vinyl consideration but Sup Forums will ridicule me and i won't be accepted in the secret club so i hate them

10/10
Better live than in studio

Wasn't attempting to make it sound good, just that those were the chicks I was into when I was 17 and first discovered indie rock.

M83 killed it and I didn't even like the new album.

>people who listen to tame impala get laid
this desu

>be me
>antisocial recluse with two friends
>muster the courage to go to a tame impala show
>some hipster chick stoned out of her mind is dancing in front of me all the time
>halfway through the show she starts humping me
>eventually she fucking grabs me and basically forces me to make out with her
>get scared and hide myself on the other side of the venue

I agree completely. Anthony Gonzales is a great frontman.

I personally love Innerspeaker over Currents
But you've gotta give Kevin Parker major fucking credit
This dude records all/most of the songs by himself

That faggot from Brian Jonestown Massacre is the most self aggrandising, pretentious retard I've ever fucking seen, in that dig documentary he literally rants about being the head of some giant cultural revolution for the entire movie. Pleb as fuck band with an emo retard band leader.

Which he was.

Kevin Parker should be kissing his feet.
Anton is the only reason Tame Impala exists.

That documentary was basically a fucking hit piece on anton newcomb. It was hardly even a documentary, it just some desperate filmmakers trying to make money.

No one claimed Bordeoms were a very obscure band though.

Innerspeaker > Lonerism >>> Currents
Saw them live last year, Kevin Parker needs to take vocal lessons. Otherwise it was an okay gig.

more like lame impala amirite

They're not a great band there are several better 90s psych bands

i bet youve never even heard stevie moore

>says better bands exist
>doesn't post name