Favorite Outdated format

CD isnt outdated

Ipod

Made obsolete by smartphones.

Tapes because I can make my own albums. :^)

Wow that actually looks really nice. Do you design or make any artwork on the inner sleeve of the tapes?

Yeah but most of the time it's just a crude crop of the front cover as shown in pic related for Perfect From Now On

Yes it is

And you can't with CDs? Bandcamp is literally designed for that. Check the size of the cover pics. Quite a coincidence.

It really is a shame.
It's really nice to having your whole collection there in one place.

Oh yeah.

And you can't with a phone?

Wut

Nice meme post though

>Doesn't like rap
>Listens to post-rock
Mamma-Mia

Listen here fuckboy

Come at me

You're gonna have to give it more than that. I brought the whole gang with me.

Did somebody mention a single by ABBA?

I'm bringing out the big guns now

Mama-Mia!

hnnnnnng

Having a separate dedicated portable music player with tons of memory is still better than your phone desu. You don't have to worry about phone battery and people calling you or distractions when you just want to listen to some music, apple discontinuing ipod classics was a shame

Is a phone really that much worse for memory and battery? Can't you send people straight to voicemail?

This

And vinyl for official releases

I love CDs, specifically in digipaks.

>cds in digipaks

hate those.

They deter bootlegging which is about all that can be said for them and not an issue where I live anyway.

I used to love MiniDisc.

I bought my first player around 98-99 and bought a Sony MiniDisc car stereo in 2000. At the time CD burning wasn't widely available so it was a good way to record your own compilations. Finally got rid of the car stereo in 2009 when I bought a car with a built in CD player.

iPod.

I know I have almost of my music on streaming services. The problem is that is a shit to add all my albums (around 1.300) to Spotify. And I like to choose what I listen from a library. Otherwise I will always listen to same shit.

I just like their ephemeral nature. I don't know. Something about it is appealing. They look really beat up after a few years, but in a good way.

Tapes because i can be a hipster without buying expensive as hell vinyls

Don't you meen A-Teens.

Uh, it kind of is when almost every single release is done digitally now with CD as an afterthought. CDs are very quickly becoming obsolete tech. Now people have phones, MP3 players, even SD card attachments in their car for uploading music to their sound system. I haven't seen anyone pull out a CD in like 6 years.

I haven't seen anyone pull out a tape in years either, but people are still buying them

Buying music online is still a major pain in the ass, it's not taken hold like you think it has

digipaks and digisleeves look cooler than jewel cases, but they are too fucking delicate. When they are handled by non-caring employees and shipped most of the times they end up damaged to some degree (scratches, marks, crushed corners...).

CDs, love em. Wish I'd started buying CDs instead of getting stuff on iTunes earlier, gonna rebuy that stuff one day. CDs are cheaper in my experience, and having them on a shelf is cool.
Gonna be genuinely pissed if CDs stop being a thing but I don't see that happening really

Just bought two CDs last night. Both Danny Brown