Ask a plumber anything

Ask a plumber anything.

How many pipes have you fucked?

have you ever had to unclog an attractive womans toilet? was it full of her shit?

What is the best over the counter product for clearing a clog/slow drain?

15 year old detected.

how can i reach the "marianas web" ?

why do you mother fuckers have to show up to the job site late AFTER the roof is already on and make more work on an already finished product.

That shit is 1/10 on shingles but when I'm doing standing seam its a pretty big fuck you.

Ever found a sharpie in the pooper?

Probably cause they don't give a shit about someone else's job, dude.

How does it feel knowing you chose the easiest and the least important mechanical contractor job?

Just kys

Is that a pipe in the original poster's image??

Actually bacon grease is the best, and it's free if you cook bacon.

Well they sure want my help installing the damn poo pipes. Its mostly annoying when they show up like a week or 2 late and are like "sooo theres a poo pipe going up there...in that brand new clean roof you just put on....no one told you?"

they do it on my sites too (union bricklayer)

they will show up late and ask up to pull out sections of grouted wall, which is not possible.

or they will need a hole cut through a wall, if no one is there to stop them the just blow out whatever it is with a sledgehammer instead of using a boring tool.

i mean, we get paid to fix their shit, but they are by far the laziest trade we have to deal with. pipe and steam fitters make them look like 1st year laborers by comparison

Do you take psilocybin mushrooms then put on overalls over a red long-sleeve shirt, wear a red cap, and go to your job pretending you're Super Mario?

That is a sexy fucking pipe.

Do you have any more pipe pictures so i can finish fapping?

The most annoying shit is when motherfuckers who dont know anything about anything use tar. I did a brand new house last year, the plumbers came after it was papered (by carpenters), cut a hole put the pipe and boot up and tarred the every loving fuck out of it I'm talking the entire metal boot was glued to the roof with it and the entire exposed metal was covered in 1/4" of tar "so it wouldnt leak" we showed up the next day, ripped it off and put a new clean one on. The look on the plumbers face when that thing hit the ground was priceless.

Hey Plumber Dude,

When my neighbor in the apartment next to me flushes their toilet mine goes "BLOOP" really loud. It's fucking annoying. Had the vents cleaned this summer, apparently they scoped them all to make sure they are clean. So what the fuck????

WHERE DOES ALL THA WATER GO

not a plumber but my guess is his toilet flushing is creating suction in your toilet and when it is released the back pressure bubbles up, do you live on the 2nd floor?

(just a guess btw)

I have to poop. Which type of toilet is the most best that you can recommend??

Why do you faggots make the framers carry your tubs upstairs? Weak ass pussys

Not plumberfag but in a closely related trade. How can you say the product is finished when the plumber hasnt been there? Why did you close up the wall when everyone with some knowledge about construction knows there will be plumbing behind it? Why do you work in such a shitty place where the different trades doesnt have weekly and somethimes daily meetings to agree on when and how things should be done?

haha that tub would stay on the fuckin ground

lol

will Drano ruin the cast iron pipes in my house?

Contractors always "could you please" cause they know the fat lazy asshole will just fuck it up. Also thanks for not knowing how to box out floor joist that is not my problem either. Especially the two in the crawl space this morning. Fucking cucks

No. Use the foamer though. Seems to work better. Not a plumber

Who was phone?

I dont work for a large company. We get jobs, show up and do them, then on to the next one. I only know what the people tell me when I show up. So I know I have to roof such and such a place and go and do it, it is now a finished roof as I understand it because if no one says "there is a poo pipe up there" then I dont know it and since in this instance the plumbers showed up 2 weeks late no one knew a damned thing.

I agree that some coordination should be happening but theres a bunch of chest beaters on this particular job site so I just work and let others hash it out.

I want to build my own house in the future. Aside from rough in work, I want to do the rest myself. What's a good resource to study up so I don't fuck it up too bad. I can't hire someone due to budget.

Would you recommend being a plumber?

do you fap in a trap

Why aren't you smart enough to be a refrigeration mechanic?

Its not just bacon grease. Any oil works. Vegetable, canola, grapseed, etc.

Melt some Penney's down in a metal bowle with a torch then poor down the drain with the HOT water running

What kind of shithole unorganized company do you work for?

It doesn't take a genius to know what jobs should get done first

Are you a plumber?

Why do you jump on turtles? and do you have a brother?

Average estimate for going into a crawl space, running new pipes and venting for a sink, 20 feet from main drain, a bathtub and sink, 8 feet from drain line, then adding in washer hookups

Simply, we didnt know the pipe was going to be there or that there was one at all.

The big issue on this job is we have 4-5 unaffiliated companies and no general contractor to keep us in the loop. We didnt know plumbers would be showing up until they did and were like "oh by the way"

The company I work for is small and generally we show up last because we arent necessary until the very end (most times)

This job is a case of a HO with too much money and no common sense hes the one acting as the GC and he is brainless at the best of times. I mean they normally are but when they have a direct hand in the production it fucks everything up.

Not OP, but plumber in CO. Rough estimate w/o being able to see what I'm dealing with would be $2000, or $500 per fixture.

As a drain cleaner, I need to ask you why the fuck you guys think it's a good idea to put mainline cleanout caps in the most poorly thought out places.

Unless it's the carpenter's doing by giving you very little space to actually lay down the piping, then I could understand that.

Seems like a shitty job. Ha.

hows the industry as of right now? are more plumbers needed or are there more people trained in the field then there are positions to fill?