Is this the ultimate poseur album? It's an amalgamation of all poseur styles - post-punk, avant-prog, industrial...

Is this the ultimate poseur album? It's an amalgamation of all poseur styles - post-punk, avant-prog, industrial, krautrock

Is this the first """weird""" album you've heard?

what's poseurcore

Is this the ultimate poseur post?

Literally the least poseur This Heat record.

This Heat, Coil, Pere Ubu, free jazz the list could go on..

Fuck off Montie, don't you have some Coldplay to attend to?

It's pretty accessible honestly.
I like it because it's very groovy and fun, not because of my elitism.

wat

You'd think it would be but it's not
Most posers flock to Joy Division, Neu, and Pete Ubu when it comes to Post-Punk and Krautrock

not even that weird, it just feels ahead of its time tbqh

>Pete Ubu
Who's this?

It's a band me and my buddy Pete made
Nah, it's autocorrect

>BUT WHAT DO POSEURS ACTUALLY (CLAIM TO) LISTEN TO?

It is not the only music which poseurs listen to. If you wish, you can also take note of this somewhat more expansive text list of poseurcore favorites.

Merzbow, Boredoms, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Brainbombs, Egor Letov, Death in June, Current 93, La Monte Young, Moondog, Lou Harrison, Henry Cowell, Luigi Russolo, Popol Vuh, Fishmans, Jean Jacques Perrey, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Rainbow Caroliner, Taj Mahal Travellers, Fushitsusha, Peter Brötzmann, John Cage, Scott Walker, Unwound, Dead, Frank Zappa, Morton Feldman, Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane, Arnold Schoenberg, Pierre Boulez, György Ligeti, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Nang Nang, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282, Nara Leão, Basic Channel, Raymond Scott, Delia Derbyshire, Daphne Oram, Noah Howard, Terry Riley, Peter Sotos, Lula Côrtes e Zé Ramalho, Boyd Rice, Mahmoud Ahmed, Henry Flynt, Kazumoto Endo, David Tudor, Aporea, Half Japanese, Mega Banton, Secret Chiefs 3, Keiji Haino, Ramleh, Otomo Yoshihide, John Zorn, Joe Meek, Robbie Basho, Phil Spector, Faxed Head, Harry Partch, Wesley Willis, Fred Frith, The Residents, Sun Ra, Sun City Girls, Hans Krüsi, Royal Trux, Jandek, Yat-Kha, Loren Mazzacane Connors, Pärson Sound, The Dead C, Comus, Cromagnon, Eliane Radigue, Arthur Doyle, Shizuka, The Red Krayola, Henry Cow, Magma, Opus Avantra, Pan.Thy.Monium., Murmuüre, Księżyc, Gong, Cukor Bila Smert', cLOUDDEAD, Muslimgauze and Kaoru Abe

Bump

>Terry Riley
>Phil Spector
might as well add the beatles and the who while you're at it

Their Peel Sessions album is actually really good, surprised people don't talk about it more often

it's from 1981 u fucking retard
maybe ur the fucking poseur, since clearly you know fucking nothing about music or music history
kys

t. butthurt poseur

oh look, its gene simmons!

>Is this the ultimate bait?
No, not really. It's a decent try.

Grimes general is still up. Maybe you should try there.

bump

It would do but it's got really, really strong pop hooks in it that make it very a listenable album. None of it is directionless.

dude seriously if you don't respect this album you have no taste in muic

CloudDead? Why them? And is Odd Nosdam ok?

autism

What album is this?

This Heat - Deceit

>It's an amalgamation of all poseur styles - post-punk, avant-prog, industrial, krautrock
indisputable

>if you enjoy any of this music you are a poseur

why do you guys do this? are you completely incapable of separating music from its fanbase?

>Caring about the fan base at all

Are you retarded? Are you actually asking if it's okay to listen to a band?

This

Image Search by the Googles

>Secret Chiefs 3

Damn, I just got into them

O-oh well

>pere ubu

literally how does that make sense

Remember when all you had to do was like how an album sounds to you?

>unironically changing your opinion on music because one (1) samefagging autist
W E W

>calling something poseurcore
>being this insecure

how hard did you cunts in the skype chat laugh at this one

Oh, and by the way, what's wrong with people who open their ears up to new sounds and listen to music they haven't heard before? Only online are people so vocal about this like it's a problem or it has any practical impact on their lives.

Yeah they have an extremely solid discography. I'd say Graphic/Varispeed is the only song I skip

Wire - Metal Box

>unironically listening to testcards

the peel sessions album is mostly good but the version of makeshift swahili on it is really substandard

80/81 live is great though, from that new bandcamp they have

i was joking you sperg

>i-i was only pretending
SAD!

You replied to the wrong person m8

It's only 40 seconds, not all that much of a bother. Seeing This Heat live btw in March.

It wasn't meant as an insult, I actually agree with your previous reply. I wanted to add to my previous post though.

bump

Yep. I grew out of experimental music when I turned 18. I only listen to Arianna Grande and Ke$ha now.

>that new bandcamp they have
>Seeing This Heat live btw in March
Did I miss something?

OP, this thread is over. You've gotten all the (You)'s. You can stop now.

this is not this heat

this heat reuniting and playing a few gigs. I got near enough front row seats for £15

Boy, all these posers sure are angry about the truth lmao

You avant-teens are the fucking worst. Kill yourselves

Hot opinion there, friendo. Here's your (You).

Oh, and by the way, why didn't you try to refute ?

>london
Too bad for everyone else living everywhere else in the world.

lmao you're angry because a band are playing concerts where they're from. Shut the fuck up.

Also it's not like they could sell more than half a venue anywhere else.