youtube.com/watch?v=TLV4_xaYynY&ab_channel=JimiHendrixVEVO
strawpoll.me/12052873
youtube.com/watch?v=xjQGqfIJ8pQ&ab_channel=JoshMiddletonⓋ
youtube.com/watch?v=NfHnyITGPWU
youtube.com/watch?v=XS0cXRf9if4
youtube.com/watch?v=SzfQYMhmguA
youtube.com/watch?v=GvGuv6EEABk&ab_channel=TotalGuitar
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This guy has some really unique sound I haven't heard before.

Lovely clean stuff.
youtube.com/watch?v=lNX7LWeUNyc

other stuff
youtube.com/watch?v=4wnB5V_5Nws

youtube.com/watch?v=QRgQHLyFHdU

list of fa/gg/ots that ruined /gg/

>shoegayz offset numale hipster fags
>"le brutal xd" meal manbabbys
>irrelevant wankshred wannabe autists
>noob squire poorfags
>dadrawk blooze buttrockers

did I miss anyone?

the faggot that makes this same post every thread

I can't get the Fender Mod Shop thing to work, whenever I click "get started" it just redirects me to the home page.

What am I doing wrong?

works for me

shop.fender.com/en-US/mod-shop/stratocaster/0181900706.html

I follow that link and it redirects to shop.fender.com/en-GB/start

Do I need to be American?

he's a good reference for trad fender sounds

probably yeah

no I included myself

well i've had it playing in the background for 20 minutes without shutting it off. nostalgic.

>you have to learn dadrock and blues if you want to be a good guitarist
LEL

did someone tell them they had to learn classical or slave hymns when they were starting out?

>nostalgic
code for old and tired

probably other forms of folk music dude.

the 80s was the best decade for music in general.

>you need to get stuck in the penatonic blues box like Santana did!
It'd be hilarious if they were only pretending to be retarded, but no.

I think its because they really enjoy that particular sound and they don't want it to die so they encourage new guitarists "go back to the classics! learn all of claptons music etc" just to keep guitar music from progressing because they don't like change

no sorry

Retard question but since I bought my Strat copy I just threw the manual away and haven't bothered since:

How do I install the whammy bar? Do I just screw it in? Are you just supposed to sense when it starts coming out, and screw it back in?

Just screw it in.

>1780s
yes

50s- pretty good. do wop and acapella and stuff
60s/70s- DRUGZ MAN hippies and garbage recording quality
80s- this is the last time pop music was objectively good. also.. METAL
90s- nostalgic but bad
2000s- a mixed bag
2010s- musical identity crisis but that's not a bad thing.

Thanks d00d

>implying

Santana is actually a really good jazz fusion player. Listen to that solo at 1:50

youtube.com/watch?v=Sr7z-ikOSR4

I want to hear Pat Martino play a solo on an AC/DC song just so I could know what that would sound like.

nah

1910=music starts

Tfw you can really tell when a guitarist has been brought up with "learn blues to become a good player" because every time they play a solo it just sounds like "a solo"

There are some very good bluesy players, but when everyone plays like that it just gets boring

That was my first thought too

>jazz fusion
Another equally boring and irrelevant playing style, not interested.

I thought the solo in this song was interesting and unconventional:

youtu.be/MfOnq-zXXBw

If you can't play your solo without musical acompaniment then and it still sounds good its actually a shit solo

Need help figuring out the effect @ 1:50
youtube.com/watch?v=rUI-BxUj2NI

2000s=music is changing

what did he mean by this

>dadrawk blooze buttrockers

Is the alien amp brazilian included?

Btw anyone wants to hear all his recordings? Theyre all unfinished though

2011=R.I.P music goodbye...

How to record jamming over a loop? Only with digital, guitar plugged into PC, cause i dont have a loop pedal, if i had i would just mic my amp.
Creating the loop on the recording time and then jamming.
Is it possible? Amplitube 4 has a loop pedal, can it be recorded and used like that?

What kind of indie rock do you play?

Keep grasping at straws, it's entertaining.

just screw it in are you a piece of shit

mid 60s 70s is good recording quality are you a piece of shit? i hate you

post an example
a lot of it is jangly sounding shit like they recorded it three rooms over

who cares lol

Eleanor Rigby

>good recording quality
>70s
make up your mind

Redpill me on the Fender Standard Precision Bass® for ~£600

I heard the remaster and it sounds great
the original didn't sound bad to begin with but thats not really a "ROCK" song is it?
>the beatles
if anyone in that time could afford good recordings...

youtube.com/watch?v=TLV4_xaYynY&ab_channel=JimiHendrixVEVO

This tone is ASS holy fuck those drums sound like literal garbage cans
great song but terrible audio engineering.
Sounds worse than clipping to me

screwed ur mum:p

Did you ever listen to anything earlier than SOAD?
ACDC's 1974 High Voltage has very good quality.

are you remembering to incorporate counterpoint in your playing?
strawpoll.me/12052873

>muh anecdotal evidence
nah

just make sure you get a used one, i bought a new 2015 and it is an excellent bass, it just loses so much value if you ever move in another direction and want to sell it

Bullet strap is best strap. Prove me wrong faggots
>Protip: u can't

I'm no expert so maybe I'm completely off but it sounds like they're raking chord shapes with the pick near the bridge saddles and they have some kind of compression, reverb, and or delay going on.

I've heard all the pros of buying used, but there's still a little voice in the back of my head saying "they've got to be selling it for some reason", and I'm worried that that reason won't become apparent until it's too late

i got a levys as part of a package i bought (shit p-bass + strap/tuner for $25) and i love it, mine is studded though

i started playing guitar and would love to sell mine, but i cant/wont becuase i bought it new and refuse to take the hit on resale

people could just want to switch to jazz bass, people could have a kid and their wife/gf is making them sell, they could just be in their 30s and are like "fuck this im done", people wanting to get some money back and play a "good enough for my needs + $400 cash" squier

there are a lot of legit reasons to sell

bet that guy wishes he drove to the guitar store

what?

I keep thinking about playing guitar. never do it.

I had never listened to this album cause i thought it would be boring hippie shit, but this song has good dadrock soloing, i'll listening to the album, Thank you. I have to be more open minded

I think the Warlock shape works best as a bass. Doesn't look nearly as shitty.

Alright, /gg/, I need advice on whether this is a good deal or not:

For Sale: 2000-01 MIM Fender Strat SSS 21 fret w/ maple fretboard & neck (serial # places it in this time frame); black body w/ white pickguard and standard white knobs; tremolo bridge; standard non-locking tuners with non-locking strap buttons. He states no damage to the guitar and the photos do not show any damage either.

According to the seller, he is selling it because it was his backup guitar and no longer uses it as he has two other dominant guitars. He also states that he is the 2nd owner, having bought it from a man who only ever used it in the studio. The current seller has only taken it out to live gig twice in 4 years. Since then he states he has kept it in a climate controlled environment as a studio guitar, but has 3 other fender strats sitting around to be used by anyone in his band. So basically redundancy and looking to thin the herd.

He is asking USD 300 for it, but has not stated he is firm. His ad has been up for 2 weeks and I am thinking of meeting him to try it out.

>Pic Related

post yfw he dies in a car accident on the way there
>user: b-b-but I didn't even get to play those teles
>God: now burn in Hell faggot

fuck off by one

that was me, im reading about songwriting instead you faggot

My experience with the 2000's MIM's is not good quality wise. Get a new one if you really want it, much better finish and hardware.

Great bass, I own that exact one except mine has a rosewood fretboard instead of maple (I like that look even more).

Like the other user said, get a used one. 600 is, IMO, too much for it.

yeah that's all code for "it sounds like shit and I'm trying to sell it to a noob who won't know the difference"

For my shredheads
youtube.com/watch?v=xjQGqfIJ8pQ&ab_channel=JoshMiddletonⓋ

Alright, what about the quality was bad? Not saying you are wrong, but I'd like to know what to look for. Thanks.

:/

>tfw i have those pickups in an ESP and they dont have to sound like cancer

youtube.com/watch?v=NfHnyITGPWU

youtube.com/watch?v=XS0cXRf9if4

Offer him $175 and SPERG THE FUCK OUT if he doesn't take it.

is that you?
good tone. how does it sound at high gain?

>(I like that look even more
The fact that the neck and headstock are different colours with a roseweood fretboard triggers my autism too much, but I would like if it was all rosewood

I'll look around, thanks

Hecho en Mexico? Not worth 600 yuro. Buy a p-bass copy made somewhere in EU or Korea or Japan.

it's not me, but that thing can sound amazing if you don't suck.

that JB was used by claudio of coheed before he switched to BNP, that 59 in the neck might be my favorite pickup of all time. i kinda want another one for the bridge, but it will never happen.

The fretboards and headstock are not laquered as well as the newer ones. The Fender logo is a shitty pearloid inlay that wears it's color overtime. The tuners are lighter duty IMO, the bridge is by far shittier in quality and was hard for me to intonate, the pickups were the worst part though. Older MIM's seem to have REALLY noisy pickups from all that I've heard.

I'm just fuckin' with you, mang.

Fender Strats are extremely consistent across their entire price range. There are decent ones and there are better ones, but you won't know what you're looking for until you've built up some base line experience with Strats.

A Mexican Standard Strat is a Mexican Standard Strat in most circumstances, not terrible and not great. Basically everything's there though so it'd be a decent guitar to learn on for sure.

dont forget that the wood is not alder and covered in a 1/4" thick layer of rubber, and the body route might be a swimming pool cutout instead of S/S/S.

>The Fender logo is a shitty pearloid inlay
Do yourself a favor and ignore this mong. Look up "pearloid inlay" for yourself. He's a fucking retard.

can we all just take a minute and appreciate what a bro Justin Sandercoe is?

or whatever it's made of, who gives a shit. Black is better is the real point here.

Damn you're autistic.

I was leaning towards JB/Jazz combo they're pretty similar right?

it's not samefagging, and i dont think anyone is saying dont get the guitar, but with the quality/price of squire now, he needs to consider his options for something new or have leverage/points for jewing this guy down from his posted shekle price

i think so, but every demo i hear with a 59 sounds out-fucking-standing. i really want a LP with two of them. they are fucking perfect.

trey from phish uses a pair in his hollow bodies

>covered in a 1/4" thick layer of rubber
>rubber
Shut the fuck up, retard.

acdc's high voltage album still has very good audio quality

>cherry picking
nah

wew

youtube.com/watch?v=SzfQYMhmguA

what evidence am i hiding just fucking listen
listen The jack

let's play "edgelord or redneck"

is it the same thing to get feedback from amplitube plugged onto loud monitors? does it even happen feedback?

Hey guys OP here of ()

I've read what you all have said and you raise interesting points. I guess in my original post I should have clarified my position and playing abilities.

I'm looking to upgrade from my current electric (a knock-off fender strat from SE Asia). It's not bad; I've jammed and played out with it before but now is a time where I take my 9 years of playing to a newer instrument. Basically, I want a guitar that is versatile, will perform (read:not fail me), and be one that I can have for a life. I've heard modern MIM's are on par with MIA's, just that it depends where the mexican worker is when they've assembled it. I'd rather not pay the USD 600 plus tax for a new MIM, hence why I came across the one I originally posted. If you all are telling me that the black one is not an upgrade from my current guitar so I can get more involved in recording and playing live, then I'd love to know what I should consider. For reference, I would love to stay with the Fender Strat body as the shape is very comfortable.

Thanks

Ok, so you think urethane is rubber? Thanks for driving my point ALL THE WAY HOME for me.

That's enough now.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

>or redneck

dont be silly their loyalty lies with Dean

lol what the fuck

It sounds like he's serious too.

Is marty friedman a cuck?
youtube.com/watch?v=GvGuv6EEABk&ab_channel=TotalGuitar

He's a dweeb. I mean, just look at him.