Audionerds BTFO

Audionerds BTFO

>earbuds are covered in ear gunk again
music for this feel?

>if you don't listen to music on garbage earbuds that came free with your phone, then you're an audiofool!
because there is no middle ground, right faggot?

also
>un-ironically listening to Lorde

Embarrassing

Your an idiot if you think this is a bad idea. Everyone of her fans will listen on those headphones. Its a mixing technique

>I'm so fucked up

I thought she was just taking the piss with that post

>Lorde sucks for listening to her record on earbuds to make sure it still sounds okay
>Phil Specter and Brian Wilson were geniuses for using wall-of-sound techniques to make sure their music sounded good on AM Radio and if you don't listen to it in mono then you're bullshit

I am getting mixed messages from my imagined version of Sup Forums as a single dude talking to himself on the internet

She's write. I saw an interview on Sound on Sound with Frank Ocean's Engineer and he says he mixers for his phone, beats headphones and laptop speakers first cause like it or not thats how common folk consume music.

this is the good post

>wanna hear it exactly how you will
shes avoiding it like the plague but hearing the big single against her will in car radios and retail outlets constantly?

o i am laffin

This desu.
It's a mixing technique, you don't want a record that only sounds good on audiophile equipment and sounds like a muddy mess on cheap equipment. It's not Lorde's fault audio quality standards have gone down.

Good sounding audio will sound good on shit equipment. Where are you getting the idea it wouldn't from? It may not be up to audiophile standards of course but not a lot is.

>sounds like a muddy mess on cheap equipment
I really do doubt that people who primarily listen to music on earbuds in noisy environments would even notice or care. This is simple pandering to a group that has low standards for little to no reason while people who actually do care get the short end of the stick.

Of course you should make sure the music sounds fine on various quality of setups but I don't think musicians should be tailoring their music entirely for shitty setups.

you right. its the compromise between art and consumerism

>art

>but I don't think musicians should be tailoring their music entirely for shitty setups
They don't. Recordings are evaluated for every type of commercial equipment that it can be possibly played on. There's a balance.

very common mixing technique. You can make a song sound great on your £5000 near field monitors but what ultimately matters is that the song sounds good to the general audience. Most people will listen to music on these apple earphones so making sure every song sounds up to scratch on them is wise.

Isn't possible to make Dr Dre and Daft Punk level on sound quality for audiophiles that will end up sounding good on shit headphones? Is poor mastering just a cost thing?

The hand looks like from a mannequin on the thumbnail wtf