Why do people hate Loaded?

Why do people hate Loaded?
It's one of the finest Pop Rock records of all time.

I love it but people hate it because its their most commercial and least experimental compared to vu, s/t, wl/wh, nico.

Personally I think with nico is shit and overrated

i didn't know anyone hated this
everyone i talked to said this had some of their favorite vu songs

Who Loves The Sun is an unforgivable sin

Nah it's cute, I like it

?
one of the best songs on the album to be perfectly desu with you senpai

I love it, squeeze is the one I don't like

It's bubblegum trash, would be cheesy for the Monkees, let alone the VU

i love this album

I've never even had the urge to listen to squeeze

has anyone ever though

love it ofc

well yeah, it's a cute little ballad, but I fucking love it for that
VU was not only so great because of their willingness to experiment but also their versatility and ability to easily take on more mass-friendly sounds in a fantastic manner (The Beatles did this also, especially on their s/t, e.g. the opening track which effortlessly improves on the sound The Beach Boys had been perfecting for the first five years of their career)

i willingly sought out and purchased a physical copy of squeeze
i don't actually listen to it though

It's a pessimistic satire of The Beatles Here Comes the Sun.

>It's one of the finest Pop Rock records of all time.
t. VUfag who doesn't usually listen to pop

the second half of it is nowhere near as good as the first. It's only saved by oh sweet nuthin' which is amazing.

What's your problem little user?

There are so many better pop albums than Loaded (see: literally half of The Beatles discography). The VU were great for what they did on their first two albums, not their garbage attempt to sell out

Because they're psueds who reduce The Velvet Underground to muh experimentation

How is that wrong?

Because there's always more to a band than just "experimentation". Novelty wears off quickly, especially in the world of popular music, and even ignoring that they were a bit weirder than the other bands of their time, they wrote incredible songs. People like the VU for their songs, not for being "innovators". Otherwise they would have been relegated into obscurity like other weird psych bands like Five Foot Hose or the Monks

I don't hate Loaded.
It's not VU at their best but it's still a mighty fine album. In fact I'd go so far as to say no VU collection is complete w/o it.

>Because there's always more to a band than just "experimentation"
Like what?
>they wrote incredible songs
They were alright, not spectacular when compared to their contemporaries (Lennon/McCartney, Argent/White, Wilson/Van Dyke Parks)
>People like the VU for their songs, not for being "innovators".
Prove it. it'll be hard, because people praise the innovations, not the songs.
>Otherwise they would have been relegated into obscurity
Marketing will prevent that.