Fantano turned me onto this album. I'm listening to it now. Why does he sound like Golem? What language is he speaking...

Fantano turned me onto this album. I'm listening to it now. Why does he sound like Golem? What language is he speaking? Is he speaking a language?

This album is a masterpiece. Do you even black metal?

Emperor is the most overrated of all 2nd wave Norwegian black metal bands.

It's pretty baby's first black metal but it's still a good album. The vocals are great tho.

No. Not at all. I'm digging it so far.

I read that the band is made up of edgy faggots who burn down churches and kill homosexuals.

The album that got me into (real) bm like 12 years ago. It should be pretty easy to "get" since the melodies are sort of illuminated by the keyboards, and its tonality seems informed by movie soundtracks. A good starting point in any case.

Why don't you go back to Metalsucks and stay there

>Fantano turned me onto this album

not any different from "Sup Forums turned me onto this album".

Fucking falses

metal isn't for you, fags.

>Fantano turned me onto this album.

This is why Fantano is shit. Fuck off and quit following the meaningless ramblings of some idiot that doesn't know anything about music.

>Why does he sound like Golem? What language is he speaking? Is he speaking a language?

XXXDDDDDD

it's remarkably different

it really isn't.
Sup Forumscore is mostly cringe anyway.

Wow.

People make fun of people for being edgy when someone thinks they're cool for doing something hardcore, but in reality what they're doing isn't hardcore.

If killing people and burning churches isn't actually hardcore then what the fuck does it take

>my way of finding a good album is better than your way of finding a good album

Sup Forumstards pretending to be better than anybody

that's not untrue but more than Sup Forumscore gets posted on Sup Forums you know

Are you baiting?

>Emperor
>more overrated than Mayhem and Burzum
kek

this is so overrated

so which second wave band isnt overrated?

GIT THE FUCK OUT OF /metal/ NOW YOU FUCKING IDIOT

If you HAVE to listen to black metal I'd consider skipping all these Emperor-tier acts and listening to Deathcrush, Live in Leipzig and De Mysteriis and then moving on to the lesser known bands

Gehenna

The first part of this: was meant for:

Deafheaven

>second wave

Thorns

what are you doing? dont help the swine

that's the joke

Gehenna is shit

Ye Entrancemperium > anything on ITNE

>not dissection

true

Gehena is ridiculously boring, and I'm not even saying that to be contrarian.

Vlad Tepes

Enslaved
Darkthrone

idk but listen to darkthrones unholy trilogy and mayhem's second album if you want to leave pleb territory

those are even more entry level than Emperor, how is that leaving pleb territory?

entry level =/= pleb

your pleb is showing

Burzum is the best 2nd wave. After that get into nsbm

They're trve

Dumb Sup Forumskid

But like how are they
A. less trve than emperor, and
B. and less pleb than emperor?
What constitutes as pleb and trve to you?

This album has such a visceral sound despite how simple it is at its core. It just grabs you by the gonads with every repeated listen and never fails to let go.

pleb = you
trve = my peanus weanus

uh, alright then