I'm done trying to get good

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh

deleted my soundcloud account, sold my synthensizers, and threw away all of my cds.

Such a waste of time. And for what? It's completely unnecessary and serves no purpose.
Music is not needed, especially in today's society where the intellect, personality, and face reigns supreme.

To be honest, the "artistic lifestyle" seems almost like a childish endeavour at this point, and I don't mean any disrespect, but it seems like the most serious artists (asides from guys who are legit dj's/producers/engineers but they represent a very low % of dedicated lifters) are also the people with nothing else going on in their lives.
I know this was true with me, I was biggest and most serious about producing when I was still in uni, working only 15 hours a week, and pretty much just tinkering around all the time, going out, with no real life.
To all you kids out there who are getting sucked into the djing/producing , try to stop yourself.
So long as you have and maintain decent facial aesthetics, you'll be fine.
Music just not worth it.

cheers

You take music too seriously m8

yea you might regret doing that down the road.

How long did you even try? I'm still having fun with it after 5 years and only 120 followers.

Dissatisfied? Yeah. But I do it because I love it not because I want clicks on Facetwat, and I'd never get those clicks with your mindset anyways OP.

Fuck off, you pessimistic downer.

it sounds like you were interested in making music for the wrong reasons.

>To be honest, the "artistic lifestyle" seems almost like a childish endeavour at this point, and I don't mean any disrespect
Thats cause you're on the wrong end of the "artistic lifestyle" line, where you'll find more people like rather than any professional musician

>tfw been producing for less than a year with no musical background and get 1k plays a week on soundcloud

op is an untalented fuck lmao

>be untalented SoundCloud vaporwave / trap ""musician"" who makes beats and expects money
>be surprised that you don't stand out in a sea of generic hacks

how about try becoming a songwriter

>be surprised that you don't stand out in a sea of generic hacks
>how about try becoming a songwriter

I get you, OP. Unfortunately, music is not for everyone. Only a few can make a living off of this. You have to throw everything away to have just a shot at this. If you don't few rewarded, if you wanted to be more than just a hobbyist, and doesn't think you are able to do that, you really should find another more productive thing to do with your time and energy.

I feel you, bro.

music is a performance art and producers are aural masturbators

u can't sit in front of a computer and expect to be good

>if you don't feel rewarded
Fix'd.

this
/thread

can anyone explain to me why soundcloud music is so uncreative, but in a way that seems like they aren't even trying. Like 99% of it is 4/4 with the same tempo and key the entire song.

this, the day i completely stop making music i will legitimately kill myself. everything else in life is just a temporary distraction

He is not just expecting to be good. He tried and tried and tried, and it didn't work out. He does not feel he is improving. And if you are not improving, what's the point? Just throw away 5 thousand hours of you life, just because? Yes, success, money, fame, making a change, something that matters are not the most important things, but they are important as well.

>itt: people who don't actually like music

Post your sc

it comes down to having a unique message either through lyrical content or stylistic experimentation -- smthing u just gotta express
flylo puts on an amazing live show tho, would go again

Buy a tenor saxophone and go and play to some horses in a field.

bait. were and identical post on /ic/ about drawing.

You were never interested in music to begin with.

Are you on Billboard, the Rolling Stone? No, so you are not so passionate about music as well, otherwise you'd be there.

so touring musicians and behind the scenes songwriters aren't passionate?

Flylo is a very talented pianist

lmfao

Nice copypasta

nice defeatist pasta

you did at /ic/ sometime ago