Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums.

I've been dating my boyfriend for nine months now. He is hopelessly romantic, but I squirm at any overly-mushy romantic stuff. I've always wanted to return the sentiment, but I'm just not a strongly romantic person.

What are some things you'd want a girl to say to you? Doesn't have to be romantic, since I'm already expecting the worst anyway.

>pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/AskMen/comments/3z8o75/why_dont_men_get_as_much_of_a_thrill_over/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Tits with timestamp or fuck off slut

good start

Dis

Tell him he's your air.
Tomorrow morning, kiss him on the forehead when you wake up together.
Tell him you were thinking about him all day.
Get jealous over another girl in his life, briefly.
Call him your king.
Ask to cuddle.
Tell him you want to see him smiling.
Tell him you're not going anywhere.
Tell him you can't see yourself without him.

This is what I would want to hear from the girl I love.

its just a shame she left me all alone and hurt

does she even miss me

Sup Forums in a nutshell

To be honest I'd kill someone if it meant I got to hear an attractive, cool girl just tell me 'I like being around you.'

Holy fuck you're a faggot if I was dating you i'd leave in a week

>What are some things you'd want a girl to say to you?

>i have an unquenchable thirst for cum.

I'll think about it

read this thread, OP

reddit.com/r/AskMen/comments/3z8o75/why_dont_men_get_as_much_of_a_thrill_over/

It's about the differences in the ideal romantic fantasy between women and men. Breaks it down to it's roots and from there you can hopefully come up with something on your own

Cheers

Have you told him that you're not into that shit?

Heres the important bit (1/3)

So when women or their SO makes romantic gestures to men, do they like it?
You're a little bit off the mark—you're actually describing an inversion of the gendered roles here (i.e. the woman is an active contributor while the man is a passive recipient or responder). While a man will appreciate such a gesture, it's not quite what composes the male romantic fantasy (more on this later).
Do men that were heavily pursued by women feel this way?
Men who aren't used to being pursued are usually confused or thrown off by the reversal of gendered roles. The result is the prevailing idea that men do not respond well to being approached first by women or even the autobiographical accounts from men describing instances where they couldn't respond well even if they were attracted to the woman approaching them. This is the men being shocked out of the traditional "script" of romance.
Secondly, when you talk about women pursuing men, that usually happens in a markedly different fashion than the way in which men pursue women (hint: it's more passive). A woman "aggressively" pursuing a man looks more like said woman going to extensive lengths to make it clear that she is available for pursuit rather than actively pursuing; the man is still usually leading things forward in some manner by handling the logistics of this romance. This is where you get those autobiographical stories from men about missing signals; "aggressive" pursuit from women is (usually) a set of passive signals that are clear to men who are experienced, but unclear to men not used to being "pursued."

(2/3)I wonder if this is true in same sex male couples too.
I do too. I talk with a homosexual friend about stuff like this a lot, maybe I'll bring it up next time I see him.
The Male Romantic Fantasy
I'd say that men usually feel most loved when this normal state of affairs is negated; when they are made to believe that a woman's love is not conditional in the cause-and-effect manner described in the parent post. Love is work for men, but it can be rewarding work when things are going smoothly and the woman is happy as a result. But the male romantic fantasy is to be shown that the woman feels the same way and stands by him when he's down on his luck, when the money's not there, or when he's not feeling confident. He wants to know that the love he believes he's earned will stay even when the actions that feed it wane (however temporarily). A good woman can often lift a man up in his times of need and desperation and weather the storm even when things aren't going well. The male romantic fantasy is an enduring and unconditional love that seems to defy this relationship of labor and reward. A man wants to be loved for who he is, not for what he does in order to be loved.
An interesting way to examine this is to look at what women often call romantic entitlement. An entitled guy is a dude who maintains an unrealistic notion of men's typically active role in love. Before acknowledging reality, this boy uncompromisingly believes that he shouldn't have to do anything or change anything about himself to earn a woman's love; he wants to be loved for who he is, not what he does.

(3/3)

All men secretly want this, but there comes a day when they eventually compromise out of necessity. After that day, they may spend years honing themselves, working, shaping themselves into the men they believe women want to be chosen by. A massive part of what causes boys to "grow up" is the realization that being loved requires hard work. This impetus begins a journey where a boy grows into a man by gaining strength, knowledge, resources, and wisdom. The harsh realities of the world might harden and change him into a person his boyhood self wouldn't recognize. He might adopt viewpoints he doesn't agree with, transgress his personal boundaries, or commit acts he previously thought himself incapable of. But ultimately, the goal is to feel as if his work is done.
When he can finally let go of the crank he continually turns day after day in order to earn love and, even if only for a moment, it turns by itself to nourish him in return, that is when he will know he is loved.
Saying ALL MEN is obviously a huge generalization, but it's interesting to think about the various roles each side tends to play and how you can use that to create romantic sediment

I'd want a girl to say anything to me

Definitely going to give that a look.

I've definitely told him stuff like that. I guess I don't consider that romantic, just something to reassure any doubts he might have. Sometimes I overanalyze shit.

fucking hell you sissy bitch. no wonder "she" left.

Yeah, and he knows it. Now he just says it because he knows it'll get a reaction out of me.

I just figured I would change things up a bit and flatter him more.

when you laugh really hard until you suddenly realize that the post you laughed to pretty much describes you

lol nigga youre gay

Get into situations where he see's you being extremely faithful. Like chewing out some hot guy for flirting with you. That's the shit that will melt a mans steel beams.

its overrated dawg

i wish mine would shut up more

He is probably being overly romantic just because he thinks it is what you want to hear. Most guys are not really romantic in the same kind of ways, easiest thing to do is just play to his ego and strengths. If you think he looks good in something tell him, if you enjoy spending time with him tell him. Don't just invent a bunch of mush, it doesn't really work for the same reason you find him a bit 'too much', it just seems false. Also don't bother trying to compliment things which are weaknesses as again it comes across as false praise, stick to his strengths.

get your tits out slut i got real advice for you

Just gotta show that you love him. That's all I ever needed.

Oh shit, me too. Quit fucking around, Sup Forums, you know the rules.

Just make him breakfast and suck his dick while he's eating.

Tits or gtfo,jesus christ you fucking white knights kill me with this soft ass pussy fucking bullshit. Do us a favor,fuck yourself to death with a barbwire covered dildo

>chewing out some hot guy for flirting with you
>aka shit that doesn't happen to me

I can understand why a guy would like that, but I'd rather not start a scene just for the sake of my guy. He might be the Boeing to my Twin Towers, but I like staying on the down-low in public when it comes to my relationship.

Maybe you should learn what a whiteknight actually is instead of barking for tits on an image board like an autistic faggot. Faggots help other faggots out with advice all the time, big deal if it (maybe) a chick.

This

out of all the things i would ever want to hear a girl say to me it would i have to be "you know I really love you right?"

>being this insecure and lonely that you take your frustration out on random people on an image-sharing website while simultaneously begging for nudes

I can't really see it, considering he always says things now just to get a reaction from me, but that could have been true before learning how I felt about sappy shit.

I don't plan on showering him in fake compliments, but I should probably start thinking.

I'm almost positive I've said something like this to him before. "I love you"s are easy.

draw him a picture. hell probably keep that shit in his pocket till the day he dies. i know i do