Is it possible to achieve success in America without a college degree?

Is it possible to achieve success in America without a college degree?

You will never be successful, no matter what nation you are in.

You will die alone.

You will be forgotten.

Yes, if you can play football, hockey, basketball or baseball at an elite level.

Of course: go teach yourself some basic programming skills, get an entry level job and work your way up. Protip: no recruiters because they'll filter you "because no degree" bullshit.

Source: I'm engineering mgmt at a small tech company and degrees don't mean shit. Show me what you've built.

If you believe success is subjective then yes. Also, some hard ass trades pay better than 4-year college degrees, if you're thinking of financial success. Pros and cons, though.

Yes you can do it without a HS diploma. Not easy but yes.

im currently on the path to become a crane operator im only like 10% in but still going
it schooling but no college degree and you can make 6 figures if youre good

>options
construction
nepotism
inheritance
insurance fraud
lottery
suicide

You can't spell success without succ

I work in IT making $130k/year without a college degree. Depends on your definition of "success".

getting an entry level position is hard as shit even with a degree
just be good at what you do and advertise yourself as such

Learn a trade.

I knew a guy in high school who got expelled (didn't even go to college) for making a bomb threat.

He now owns his own commercial electrical contracting company. He's dumb af. And rich af.

insurance fraud

Even with a college degree a vast majority of americans can't call themselves successful, america is a powerful country but its people are poor as shit

Yes, but you will need further education one way or another. Whether its in trades or some kind of upward track in a good hospitality organization. Military service may be viable for you as long as you understand that the Military is there to project the interests of the United States abroad under threat of violence and not to put kids through college.

kek

So he's dumb because he made it? Wat

what do you do in IT? how long you been in it? I'm in IT and don't make shit

His daddy owns the company

Fuck yes it is. I have welder buddies that earn 6 figures. Then again, this is Texas and the energy industry FLOWS here.

of course it is
getting a college degree isn't a magical ticket to millions of dollars, its a magical ticket to a desk job 9-5 making someone else rich

Of course it is. You can move up the ladder anywhere if you have the work ethic. Youll have to live pretty shitty for a long time until your earning a middle class wage however. Most likely.
However it is much easier with a degree.

I work at home depot part time while Im going for my bachelors and our store manager for example got a bachelors in business, came out (probably with a relatively low gpa mind you) hired as casheir. Promoted to head cashier, promoted to assistant store manager, and got the store manager position when it became available 2 years after he was just a cashier. Now obviously cashier isnt the title you want with a bachelors degree, but most of his peers started higher than him and he exceeded that.
Im not saying this is the path to take, you could and should get an office job, but seeing as how he started from little just with a degree under his belt and a strong work ethic he moved up faster than he would have otherwise.
Tl;dr degrees just make life easier in the long run

Of everyone I graduated high school with. My friend who became an electrician has the most money.

Absolutely impossible
>for OP because he's a retard

I'm 7 years in for IT at a post-secondary institution, making 98k a year now, plus lots of work on the side, no degree. Job is cushy AF too

The only way to achieve financial independence is to own something of value.

For some people that could be real estate, but for others it might be plumbing skills.

It usually takes specific education to reach a desired tier of skill.

Doin a trade gets you paid. Especially power-engineering/process operation

When the oilfield was going strong I made 65k per year. Making around 45k now drilling water wells.

easy, become gay, never have kids, you and your man lover each make 50k a year, buy a 3 bedroom condo, live the good life playing vidya all day while taking it in the ass.

110k a year doing SCADA work for an oil company. No degree. Self taught.

So yeah...

After working in a grocery store for several years, I started out in IT on a helpdesk making $30k/year. Answering the phone helping your mom disable popup blockers and resetting grannies passwords. Eventually worked my way up by automating shit, improving processes, proving I had 2 more brain cells. I was up to 45k/year after 3 years. Once I had a few years of experience to put on my resume I got a job as a junior SQL DBA. Worked my way up and after 4 promotions I now run a team of database engineers at the same company making $130k/year. If you're good at what you do and show up to work, it's not that hard. I write all of the companies database engineer job descriptions and interview all of them. I never look for a college degree, just relevant experience and demonstrated skill.

It absolutely is. Most entrepreneurs did not have degrees. They had intelligence and drive. Both are sorely lacking today which is why people pursue useless degrees and complain when their four years spent smoking bongs and protesting people they don't agree with didn't lead to success.

Go find a job (no dead ends like Jewel/Walgreens) that has a lot of stuff for you to learn. At the company I'm at I do everything from sewing, mixing growing media, installing green roofs, maintaining green roofs, planting crops, harvesting crops, packaging crops and selling them. The job pays 15/h and I'm not even in college yet so I'd say that's pretty good. I don't plan on staying forever, but I'm sure once I do get a lot of experience AND a piece of paper that costs 100k I'm sure I won't have a problem finding a good job.

I wish!