This will be 20 years old soon

this will be 20 years old soon

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/6music/events/overrated/shortlist.shtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

wut

ok

and it's still relevant today, both musically and thematically.

>musically
yup
>thematically
not really surprising

>thematically

>technological paranoia
>in a millenium where technology is becoming rapidly more and more dominant, far more than when the album was first released

honestly? I preferred the bends

Who cares?

possibly the most overrated album of all time

> got this on vinyl recently
> holds it us and says to the young kids in a grandpa voice
"Back in high school, I used to have this on compact disc."

overrated for a good reason though

>*in old man voice*
>i listened to it on my Sega Saturn

NO ALARMS AND NO SURPRISES.

>musically
Yeah! Remember those brit alt rock albums that came out in its wake? Or that AMAZING prog revival it's responsible? No? You think Bloc Party is pretty shitty? Porcupine Tree is pretty boring? Huh, maybe they didn't really do that much great for music with OKC.

Not even that innovative either. Same approach as Beatles/Floyd/Bowie/*insert art rock band here*

>thematically
It's technological paranoia shtick stopped being relevant at all whatsoever once broadband internet became a regular thing.

Among the most overrated records of all time for sure. Kid A is legit a masterpiece though.

>it's just a Sup Forums troll
>no way it's an opinion held by a decent majority of music fans that DON'T follow the usual hype that gets created by a combination of sites like Pitchfork and sites like RYM
bbc.co.uk/6music/events/overrated/shortlist.shtml

this is legit my favorite album after about 75 others

>it's an opinion held by a majority
>of people who don't follow hype

Well, if you follow hype, you are no different from someone who only listens to stuff played on the radio. But rather than the medium being radio, your medium is probably something like Pitchfork, RYM, Rolling Stone, etc.

what hype are you talking about, before this radiohead were known for creep and that somewhat good album they made, and this album got it's balls sucked the day it came out

You're talking like they weren't that well known before OKC...Creep got a lot of love from mainstream and critics. Same with The Bends.

And the record did not get its balls sucked on day one either. You can definitely find day one reviews of it that aren't very positive. What you can also find is just how ridiculous the people that gave it high reviews got. These people were from day one calling it the most life changing, influential thing that's come out. It's these hyperbolic statements that led to the formation of the hype even though a lot of said statements can be torn apart easily (moving rock music forward? yeah sure cuz guys like Pink Floyd and Brian Eno definitely didn't exist that had already made rock music with progressive structures and heavy electronic effects decades ago.)

One of the very few discs I bought...rest of the music are torrents